IGNORED

Chris Smalling

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully it goes the same way as those links went - nowhere.

I was thinking about "how can we get a selection of quality players".... alleviate the issue of attraction etc.

One thing that came to my mind was to hold a meeting with several high powered agents.... essentially in this meeting the club outlines what we are looking for in terms of positions and ideal targets. 

If such targets are aware that we are bringing in x y & z quality player then it may help.  

I'll be honest it's the only way we can get people to buy into a project.  The likes of smalling etc just need to be not linked with us. 

On 25/03/2018 at 12:41, hafnia said:

I was thinking about "how can we get a selection of quality players".... alleviate the issue of attraction etc.

One thing that came to my mind was to hold a meeting with several high powered agents.... essentially in this meeting the club outlines what we are looking for in terms of positions and ideal targets. 

If such targets are aware that we are bringing in x y & z quality player then it may help.  

I'll be honest it's the only way we can get people to buy into a project.  The likes of smalling etc just need to be not linked with us. 

I agree courting the agent's can only do more good than bad, also we need a manager that the better players would want to play for and that they feel would enhance their own careers and show off their talents.  Not Allardyce.

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

More 2+2=5 nonsense tbh

Lindelof will start for them this season alongside Bailly so that's the only one of the two I'd have out of the question

If they sign a new CB then it makes 1 if not 2 surplus to requirments. Smalling and Rojo will be top of the list but Lindelof wont be far behind them, last season he was dreadful, can see Jones staying though.

Just now, aaron said:

If they sign a new CB then it makes 1 if not 2 surplus to requirments. Smalling and Rojo will be top of the list but Lindelof wont be far behind them, last season he was dreadful, can see Jones staying though.

Mourinho loves Jones he's definitely the class pet 

True if they get Toby then I can see them shifting a few on I think they'll keep Jones Lindelof and Bailly 

I'd have Rojo though I think he'd work well with a Mina type he's not worth the money and wages quoted but for the right price I'd have him 

18 minutes ago, patto said:

Other than VVD he's probably the best around 

They overpaid for VVD it doesn't mean United will do the same with Maquire

VVD is a good solid defender and an aerial threat but he's no world beater imo 

Either way to use one clubs business to guage another's isn'tt logical and not the way these clubs work 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

They must want him badly because they've dropped out of the chase for Mina. 

I can see them paying whatever it takes.

They'll get Alderweireld he's been their No1 target apparently just playing a game of cat and mouse which we've been dragged into with Mina 

• 3 months later...
On 07/08/2018 at 11:11, patto said:

Obviously you don't rate him but I wish we had him or even got him instead of Keane.

At the start of the season Keane gave me the heebeegeebees every game, but over the curse of the season he has impressed , so much so I don't notice his lack of pace as he doesn't seem to be getting caught out of position anymore. 

Smalling is over rated and over the hill, the polar opposite of what we should be looking for. Keane, Mina, Holgate and hopefully Zouma, why would be interested?