IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Benteke should have been taking two pens. That ref is shocking. Then I'd have got my money back. Arsenal unstoppable at times.

Villas midfield were shocking today but I agree benteke looked very Belgian today.

First one was outside the area, second one was definite though I'll give you that. But the way Villa played today he'd have missed it.

Benteke should have been taking two pens.

One was outside the box and the other was soft at best (looked like it had gone out already anyway)... Even with 2 pens (should he have scored them), he was totally dominated today.

I like him and mentioned him as maybe a better option to Rom at that price but there's no denying that he was shite today and has been for a lot of this season!

One was outside the box and the other was soft at best (looked like it had gone out already anyway)... Even with 2 pens (should he have scored them), he was totally dominated today.

I like him and mentioned him as maybe a better option to Rom at that price but there's no denying that he was shite today and has been for a lot of this season!

11 in 11 has basically kept villa up after being out through an Achilles injury. An Achilles injury is what stopped John Barnes and Yakubu being the players they were.

I think there's a good reason he is first choice for Belgium, this isn't me flaming lukaku, you k ow I have reservations about him. Benteke is a far better all round player.

I think there's a good reason he is first choice for Belgium, this isn't me flaming lukaku, you k ow I have reservations about him. Benteke is a far better all round player.

I've not disputed this, in fact drag up last summers striker talk and you'll see I thought £28m would have been better spent on Benteke. Injury or no injury, up to Sherwood taking over he was poor this season. Today he was shite.

There's also a reason he's missed significant time with Belgium and villa, he's injury prone. He's at 32.5m which is more than lukaku. Plus he's 3 years older. No thanks.

Injury prone is sporadic and frequent injuries. Benteke has had 3 injury occurrences lukaku 5 in the same period.

It's just that benteke had an Achilles injury which is a bad and lengthy one.

Now this would work...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11641420/Chelsea-transfer-news-and-rumours-Christian-Benteke-wanted-by-Jose-Mourinho.html

Benteke would be perfect back-up to Costa and still get the game time with how Jose works his squad.

That would do us good. Maybe it will make Rom angry and insulted that his country man is wanted by the manager who sold him.

I think he's a great signing for them . I also think he'll do well there. He knows where the net is and they create loads of chances.

Gutted they got him tbh, he'll flourish there. He scored a stupid amount in the championship and a fair few for Burnley in the prem who were probably the worst team in the league with no creativity at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell.

You know what? Credit to them. Getting good business done early. They'll have a settled squad going into preseason and I think they'll do rather well next year (unfortunately).

I don't think that much of Ings, proved this evening how woeful he can be but their other dealings, Milner, Firmino and now Clyne are all areas they needed filling and they've bought well.

Fucking hell.

You know what? Credit to them. Getting good business done early. They'll have a settled squad going into preseason and I think they'll do rather well next year (unfortunately).

I don't think that much of Ings, proved this evening how woeful he can be but their other dealings, Milner, Firmino and now Clyne are all areas they needed filling and they've bought well.

My thoughts too really. They saw where their problems were and are trying to fix them, and fix them quickly.

It might not work but at least they're trying, instead of their manager coming out and saying their squad is good enough after a bad season...