IGNORED

Kopite Thread

No I just think a lot of people do genuinely feel he is over rated.

SWP Mark 2. He looked good last year with a genuine world class player bringing him along. YouTube player, the odd spot of magic amongst a load of same old same old.

Exactly. If pad thinks Ross is overrated and nothing special I'm not sure how you think sterling is. He benefitted massively last year from Sturridge and Suarez. Without them this year he's been found out. Even Kop's will tell you he wasn't even their best player this year. It was coutinho And Henderson heads and shoulders above him.

Exactly. If pad thinks Ross is overrated and nothing special I'm not sure how you think sterling is. He benefitted massively last year from Sturridge and Suarez. Without them this year he's been found out. Even Kop's will tell you he wasn't even their best player this year. It was coutinho And Henderson heads and shoulders above him.

Hendersons a totally different player so not sure why you're comparing them?

Look at his stats for last and this year he's blown Barkley out the water both.

So you wouldn't be happy if he signed?

If he played for Southampton or similar most would be raving about him.

Sterling is used out wide and is a wide player. Easier and less responsible role. Even then defenders are now minimizing the space behind them and the lad hasn't a clue.

I expect Ross to have his break out season starting August.

Sterling isn't as good as he's made out to be, for sure, but he's still a talented young player. I'd also point out, this is his agent doing all the talking, not the lad, so direct the anger towards the tit in charge of his contract.

The most important thing for FIFA to do is ban clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players and should be paid by them. Recently, there was a table published of Premiership clubs payments to agents. The sums were incredible. At the top end, £10m/£12m per club. Arsenal and Man U were at the bottom with only a few hundred thousand paid. Everton were about middle (from memory £5m or £6m). This is all money going out of the game.

The attitude of most Kopites I know is that he's nowhere near as good as the media makes out and they'd be quite happy to get a big fee in for someone who flatters to deceive.

And that has nothing to do with recent events; they've been saying it for a while.

It's all about opinions but if we signed him tomorrow he would turn into a superstar in some eyes (not yours like but ithers who slate him)

That's my point. Because he plays for Liverpool he's disliked and put down as shite yet people defend Barkley who he continues to out perform year on year.

That's my point. Because he plays for Liverpool he's disliked and put down as shite yet people defend Barkley who he continues to out perform year on year.

Barklay's a completely different kind of player though so I don't see how you can criticise (above) comparisons between Sterling and Henderson on those grounds but then use them between him him and Ross :huh:.

Comparing sterling to Barkley is futile. So much more going on in barkleys role. Barkley is oten doubled up on especially as he is a central player. Sterling is a winger, throw them in a team at 16 and tell them "just get at your man"

Barkley has a rocket in both feet, sterling none in either. Ross has the ability to pass, sterlings end product is poor.

Hendersons a totally different player so not sure why you're comparing them?

Look at his stats for last and this year he's blown Barkley out the water both.

So you wouldn't be happy if he signed?

If he played for Southampton or similar most would be raving about him.

I understand pad, I mean Henderson and coutinho are better from an overall standpoint. Like they have 3 and could only get rid of 1, 9 out of 10 kop are putting sterling on the block:

I see what you're saying about star power, but I've never been a big fan. Talented but attitude issues aplenty.

I foresee arsenal or abroad, arsenal he will be winger #7 to rotate and abroad English players never do too hot. I think he will fizzle out either way.

Barklay's a completely different kind of player though so I don't see how you can criticise (above) comparisons between Sterling and Henderson on those grounds but then use them between him him and Ross :huh:.

I'm not comparing them as players as in position Mike, what I'm saying is they're both young burgeoning players oth with the world at their feet but both still with a LOT to learn and prove. They are virtually identical in that way, the position they play or style is irrelevant but both are attacking midfielders et Sterlings over rated or it's all hype yet Ross is still learning and is going to be a world beater even though Sterling out scores and assists him 2 years running and is younger.

If Sterling was ours and Barkley their mosts opinions wouldn't be the same., it would be Barkleys shite, Sterlings the dogs bollocks. In my opinion to say Sterlings overrated is ridiculous, to say it while saying Barkleys going to break eggs with a big stick is astounding. However that's just my opinion.

Henderson is not an attacking midfielder (or play in a front 3) he's also a season prem player had seasons with Sunderland and has had a few seasons with Liverpool as a first team regular.

Totally different set of circumstances.

Working long hours/lack of sleep again Matt?

I don't need articles to justify my opinion. Apologies that hes a compatriot of your project but I genuinely rate him. Reminds me of sturridge, injuries aside that lad is class.

Not sure about the kone jibe, I actually think £6m pre selling fellaini was a smart choice. We will never know his true ability,

Working long hours/lack of sleep again Matt?

I don't need articles to justify my opinion. Apologies that hes a compatriot of your project but I genuinely rate him. Reminds me of sturridge, injuries aside that lad is class.

Not sure about the kone jibe, I actually think £6m pre selling fellaini was a smart choice. We will never know his true ability,

You said he was a good player, both of them actually. Both have proven they have moments few and far between, wastes of money. Claims that's they're better players than "my project" too :rolleyes:

Not sure what me being sleep deprived has to do with anything :)

Edited by Matt

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story/2470930/liverpool-have-nathaniel-clyne-approach-rejected

good for clyne saying he can acheieve his ambitions with soton. i applaud that and hope they give him a nice deal. also nice to stick it to liverpool :)

in other news the Benteke to Kop story is gathering steam, 32.5m pounds being bandied about. so he will be more expensive than rom, sounds like we got a steal :)

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story/2470930/liverpool-have-nathaniel-clyne-approach-rejected

good for clyne saying he can acheieve his ambitions with soton. i applaud that and hope they give him a nice deal. also nice to stick it to liverpool :)

in other news the Benteke to Kop story is gathering steam, 32.5m pounds being bandied about. so he will be more expensive than rom, sounds like we got a steal :)

Waste of money according to this..

http://www.espnfc.us/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2471373/benteke-potentially-a-waste-of-325m

yes i read that. seems to think rodgers isn't likely to play to his strengths because he doesn't play to lamberts when he's on the field and thinks they're similar. either way, he and rom where neck and neck for a while so the 28m we paid doesn't seem so bad now seeing him go for more and he's more injury prone.

Put it this way. £10 is going on villa to win the fa cup. He will get a brace.

49 goals in 99 games for a goal shy villa side vs Roms 36 in 81. Is a better return.

I do like the fella as a player, uses his strength very well, links up play and is very strong in the air.

I think he will batter arsenal today. He basically saved villas season.

Put it this way. £10 is going on villa to win the fa cup. He will get a brace.

49 goals in 99 games for a goal shy villa side vs Roms 36 in 81. Is a better return.

I do like the fella as a player, uses his strength very well, links up play and is very strong in the air.

I think he will batter arsenal today. He basically saved villas season.

You look like being very wrong. It's been all Arsenal and you'd barely know Benteke was on the field!

I thought Villa might actually give them a game. Not to be though!