IGNORED

Wolfsburg

Matt

I see how strong our team is out there and we still have Barkley, Eto, Oviedo, Distin, Gibson, Atsu, Peanuts, Osman, Kone, Besic not in the team and each of them would be a main player in any of the lowest 12 teams in Premiership. If we can cut out mistakes, we could really make history over next couple of years if they are all kept together.

Just over a year ago I was looking at Guaye, Amakachi, Gosling on our bench. How things have changed, and it didn't cost that much really. If this change had happened the year we came 4th, we would already be up there by now.

We are up for this. After 1st goal, when goalie went of for a few minutes, we took the ball and kept passing (almost as if training) while the game had stopped. Love it.

Edited by markiediow

Apart from the 2 well worked goals, I'm more frustrated than happy...in a way!

Wolfsburg are finding space easily. They are closing us down much better. And our passing in the final 3rd has been crap a lot of the time...All 4 attacking players are guilty too. Some real slack passing.

Lukaku doesn't seem to be at it. That Naldo just does him for pace each time.

It feels like we are trying to control the pace more, rather than being all gungho then knackered for the last 10.

Just need to sharpen up a bit more. And McGeady and Mirallas need to run at them more.

nervy first 10-15 minutes, wolfsburg looked the more threat. we had it the rest of the half though. defended well, moved the ball forward and attacked. great first half, lukaku with that free kick hit the post, imagine if we had that as well!! they lads need to keep up the intensity and get another goal, start getting goal difference up.

Agreed. He's been a big part of the reason things have been happening for us. Working really hard tonight. It's great to see.

Really? Just shows how he splits opinions. I'm no where near a Lukaku basher but I don't rate him tonight. Didn't think he was working hard enough and some awful touches/pass attempts...but then so has Mirallas, McGeady and Naismith.

Mostly evenly contested match. Still seems we give too much space when W are advancing ball from midfield. W look dangerous on build-up, crosses. One horrendous back pass from Jagielka (I think) near end of half. Lukaku, Mirallas, Coleman have pace, shows in this match. Baines with wonderful, smart, smart header (!) off bounce toward poacher Coleman for goal just before halftime.

Will be hard to keep clean sheet. W has some talent, will test our center-halves.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Cant really fault anyone. McGeady and Jags have probably been the most hot and cold but solid everywhere else. They are catching Jags out a little in behind and he has been the most nervous on the ball which is inviting pressure and causing Barry/McCarthy/Stones a few problems.

Other than that though, the rest of the team is functioning well. Lukaku on the whole is doing well on the ball, bringing others into play and also turning players. He surprised me with his freekick too because I didnt think he had that in his locker. Mirallas has been on a mission and whilst he hasnt been perfect he is doing well. Naismith has been a little quite but going about his business, along with Barry and McCarthy. Stones has been almost exemplary and Baines and Coleman have been equally as good and the second goal typified their performance.

I dont think Wolsburg have been that threatening so far. They have had a couple of moments where they feel they should have done better but they havent really had a half chance. Long may it continue!

Apart from the 2 well worked goals, I'm more frustrated than happy...in a way!

Wolfsburg are finding space easily. They are closing us down much better. And our passing in the final 3rd has been crap a lot of the time...All 4 attacking players are guilty too. Some real slack passing.

Lukaku doesn't seem to be at it. That Naldo just does him for pace each time.

It feels like we are trying to control the pace more, rather than being all gungho then knackered for the last 10.

Just need to sharpen up a bit more. And McGeady and Mirallas need to run at them more.

Are we watching thecsame game? I think Everton have been great tonight apart from first 10.

Wolfsburg are a goodvteam, they beat us 0-2 last time we met.

That Naldo is actually a really good defenter, he is very experienced. Lukaku has been a massive asset in this game so far. Won loads of headers, first touch has been good too.

Agree with McGeady and Mirallas tho, they need to run more at them. Coleman and Baines too

Really? Just shows how he splits opinions. I'm no where near a Lukaku basher but I don't rate him tonight. Didn't think he was working hard enough and some awful touches/pass attempts...but then so has Mirallas, McGeady and Naismith.

i don't think that's us, i think it's Wolfsburg has great DCM and defenders closing down. Mcgeady, Mirallas, and lukaku are all playing really well i think. naisy had the goal, but he's had more than a few super short passes.

nervy first 10-15 minutes, wolfsburg looked the more threat. we had it the rest of the half though. defended well, moved the ball forward and attacked. great first half, lukaku with that free kick hit the post, imagine if we had that as well!! they lads need to keep up the intensity and get another goal, start getting goal difference up.

Ha...nowhere near the post! Keeper saved it.

I see how strong our team is out there and we still have Barkley, Eto, Oviedo, Distin, Gibson, Atsu, Peanuts, Osman, Kone, Besic not in the team and each of them would be a main player in any of the lowest 12 teams in Premiership. If we can cut out mistakes, we could really make history over next couple of years if they are all kept together.

Just over a year ago I was looking at Guaye, Amakachi, Gosling on our bench. How things have changed, and it didn't cost that much really. If this change had happened the year we came 4th, we would already be up there by now.

We are up for this. After 1st goal, when goalie went of for a few minutes, we took the ball and kept passing (almost as if training) while the game had stopped. Love it.

Amakachi!?! That was more than JUST over a year ago :)

We wouldnt have scored the second without Lukaku holding up the ball and turning to square up Naldo before playing in Mirallas. He also played a big part in us gaining control just before the first goal in making some important runs down the channels to get us some possession.

i think lukaku's mere physical presence opens it up for alot of our guys - especially naismith. he has been a huge benefactor. the goals haven't been there but he hit the post off a vicious header vs. chelsea and almost another one today. he's a work in progress but his presence is still felt.

Are we watching thecsame game? I think Everton have been great tonight apart from first 10.

Wolfsburg are a goodvteam, they beat us 0-2 last time we met.

That Naldo is actually a really good defenter, he is very experienced. Lukaku has been a massive asset in this game so far. Won loads of headers, first touch has been good too.

Agree with McGeady and Mirallas tho, they need to run more at them. Coleman and Baines too

I think we are watching the same game, yeah. Different words, but the only thing we disagree on is Lukaku.