IGNORED

Wolfsburg

Matt

I'm at my in laws house just outside Wells; was charged £5.50 for a pint of Guinness and half a Carlsberg in the city today, thought that was quite bad. Though I had a chat with my brother yesterday, in Singapore working, and he said it's around £7.50 a pint :blink2:.

sounds more like it :lol:

Do you not have to pay for water supplies in the US Steve? Costs a fortune down here in the South West compared to the rest of the country; my direct debit is £77 a month :(.

My annual water bill is £794. As I only drink about three pints of water a year its cheaper to drink ale.

(or, preferably, single malt).

My annual water bill is £794. As I only drink about three pints of water a year its cheaper to drink ale.

(or, preferably, single malt).

Am I missing something or is that for real? It's free here (west coast Canada), unless you consume massive amounts (swimming pool, orchards etc)

Back on topic

Really looking forward to this, though no idea how I'll manage to watch it, as it's about 1 pm and not on a channel most places carry around here and can't stream at work. May be stuck mashing refresh on BBC or ESPN :(

Think we need to really get at them right away, get the crowd into it and show our quality. Would be ideal if we were halfway comfortable by half.

2-0

Do you not have to pay for water supplies in the US Steve? Costs a fortune down here in the South West compared to the rest of the country; my direct debit is £77 a month :(.

Just arrived home from another business trip, and the water bill was waiting for me. This month it's $42, which is about £26. That's with, on average, five people in the house. With all the rain in Britain, I would have expected your bill to be lower, not higher.

I think it'd be a mistake to change both central midfielders for one who's still finding his feet in the side, and the other still finding his match fitness.

You'd think Atsu would feature heavily in this one.

I know what you mean but Besic needs game time and what better way than the Europa league? Maybe not start with Gibson then and have McCarthy instead but Gibson to come on in the second half. We need him to be fit as well. I agree Atsu is more than likely going to play in this game. He hasn't played since the Arsenal game.

I know what you mean but Besic needs game time and what better way than the Europa league? Maybe not start with Gibson then and have McCarthy instead but Gibson to come on in the second half. We need him to be fit as well. I agree Atsu is more than likely going to play in this game. He hasn't played since the Arsenal game.

No problem with Besic playing, I want him to play, I just don't think swapping both central midfielders for the two mentioned at the same time would be a good idea - I think we'd get blitzed in the centre of the park. Quite happy for Gibson to play some part though, he needs to build his match minutes up.

Besic, Garbutt, Gibson, Eto, Pienaar ???????? We won and kept and clean sheet on Saturday so why not keep the same team? We can't afford to chop and change and try this and that. It's Wolfsburg after all

not Wimbledon. Get off to a decent start in the group then mix it up against the less fancied teams later on.

If anything, I think changes will be more likely for the Palace game.

Agree. I expect Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Then, no matter the scoreline, 3 strategic subs at 60, 70, 80 minutes, probably for both wingers and Lukaku.

Then, some revision for CP on Sunday, but still a near-as-possible strongest squad. Major revisions v. Swansea (= not our very strongest squad, but still a group that could nick a surprise away win), by which time the derby v. Liverpool takes priority in terms of squad rotation.

Really looking forward to this game. Well, at least, the return to Europe.

Was really tempted to buy a ticket, and whack the cost plus all petrol on credit card...but the plastic has taken a battering this last month!!!

The atmosphere should be belting.

While I think some europa games will see fringe players given a chance...I don't think this will be one of those games. Strong line up to play a strong team.

Eto'o will start in front of Lukaku. Atsu will also play and maybe Besic or Gibson. I would go with the following:

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Besic Barry

Atsu Naismith Mirallas

Eto'o

I don't think that is experimenting, proven back four. I dropped McCarthy because if Besic plays I would want Barry's experience in there with him. Atsu and Mirallas could hurt their defence.

There is rumours that Joel might play in front of Howard. I really do hope not though!!

Edited by bluenosetoffee

Eto'o will start in front of Lukaku. Atsu will also play and maybe Besic or Gibson. I would go with the following:

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Besic Barry

Atsu Naismith Mirallas

Eto'o

I don't think that is experimenting, proven back four. I dropped McCarthy because if Besic plays I would want Barry's experience in there with him. Atsu and Mirallas could hurt their defence.

There is rumours that Joel might play in front of Howard. I really do hope not though!!

F*cksake.

He can have Carling cup, that's it.

Edited by tenaciousj