IGNORED

Wolfsburg

Matt

Can't believe we don't have a thread open for this.... So here we go!

Like I said elsewhere, I'm a mixture of excitement and nerves. Wolfsburg may not be off to a flyer this season, but it would be foolish to underestimate them:

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/germany/vfl-wolfsburg/968/

I'd take a clean sheet over excessive scoring in all honesty. 1-0 to us and I will be very happy indeed :)

same here i want 3 points and the strongest lineup possible. i have taken the day off work just to watch the match, i'm so excited :)

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Naisy Barry

Eto'o Lukaku Mirallas

I would swap Besic with Naismith there if we are playing 3 in the middle, otherwise push Naismith up. Probably Atsu or McGeady in for Eto'o too

Edited by Matt

Can't wait to travel to Liverpool this week !

After more than four years we're finally back in the Europa League. I hope that it's going to be an interesting match at Goodison Park. Three points are definitely possible but it's not that I'm sure we're gonna win there. You got Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith and Mirallas - wow!

Unfortunately we didn't have a good start in the season.
We could easily have seven points after three games but we only got two. We miss so many big chances - it's unbelievable!

Good to know that Everton is a great team because in Germany we always make good games when the opponent is strong (Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, Mönchengladbach...). It's hard for us to create chances when the other team plays very defensively.

Many of our players are injured. Perisic, Träsch, Felipe Lopes, Ochs and Seguin. Furthermore it's not sure if Luiz Gustavo and Kevin de Bruyne can play. If they can play, the lineup will probably look like this:

_________________Benaglio___________________________

_Jung____Naldo____________Knoche____Rodríguez_____

____________Gustavo__Malanda_(Guilavogui)___________

__Vieirinha_(Caligiuri)__________________de Bruyne_____

__________________Arnold____________________________

___________________Olic_____________________________

This is a good mix of young and experienced players. Arnold (20), Malanda (20), Knoche (22), Rodriguez (22, future world-class player!), de Bruyne (23) and Jung (24) are young but talented. Gustavo (27), Benaglio (31), Naldo (32) and Olic (35) are much older but lead the younger players.

By the way: Any suggestions what to do in Liverpool when you have some free time?

After more than four years we're finally back in the Europa League. I hope that it's going to be an interesting match at Goodison Park. Three points are definitely possible but it's not that I'm sure we're gonna win there. You got Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith and Mirallas - wow!

We could easily have seven points after three games but we only got two. We miss so many big chances - it's unbelievable!

Good to know that Everton is a great team because in Germany we always make good games when the opponent is strong (Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, Mönchengladbach...). It's hard for us to create chances when the other team plays very defensively.

Many of our players are injured. Perisic, Träsch, Felipe Lopes, Ochs and Seguin. Furthermore it's not sure if Luiz Gustavo and Kevin de Bruyne can play. If they can play, the lineup will probably look like this:

This is a good mix of young and experienced players. Arnold (20), Malanda (20), Knoche (22), Rodriguez (22, future world-class player!), de Bruyne (23) and Jung (24) are young but talented. Gustavo (27), Benaglio (31), Naldo (32) and Olic (35) are much older but lead the younger players.

By the way: Any suggestions what to do in Liverpool when you have some free time?

Rob, it's all the range.

Can't believe we don't have a thread open for this.... So here we go!

Like I said elsewhere, I'm a mixture of excitement and nerves. Wolfsburg may not be off to a flyer this season, but it would be foolish to underestimate them:

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/germany/vfl-wolfsburg/968/

I'd take a clean sheet over excessive scoring in all honesty. 1-0 to us and I will be very happy indeed :)

Like I said in the other thread, I think we are more likely to see a 4-3 than a 1-0 looking at the record of both teams!

If you're really looking for things to do, PM me and when I have a spare half hour tomorrow or Weds morning (probably the latter) I'll send you some links to stuff you can do, sight see, places to eat, drink etc if you like.

Now I have actual Internet connectivity (have been traveling for most of the day), I can post the team I'd like to see out there:

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Baines

Barry Besic McCarthy

Atsu Eto'o Mirallas

Would be OK with Robles in goal and with Naismith starting to be replaced later by Eto'o. Lukaku needs rest ahead of the next few games.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Toughest game in the group bar the reverse fixture of course. I personally would like to see the same team that beat West Brom on Saturday esp with the back 4 keeping a clean sheet.

I think that if too many changes are made we will get beaten so i would prefer the same starting XI for the next 2 home games then make all the changes for Swansea next week.

That will give the main starters a nice 5 day break before the big one a week on Saturday.

You got Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith and Mirallas - wow!

No-one else reacted to this? He put Naismith together with Lukaku, Mirallas and Etoo and topped it off with a "wow". Who would have thought that 12 months ago?

WolfsburgFan, Everton has had a start just like Wolfsburg. Poor points after the first few games and a lot of missed goals. But the last game showed promise and we did score a few vs Chelsea. Im looking forward to this game, its always good to see where you stand against good European competition.

Im hoping for:

Howard

Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines

McCarthy, Besic, Barry

Etoo, Lukaku, Mirallas

Naismith and McGeady being the first two that come on

Edit, might want to use Lukaku on the left and Etoo in the middle. Lukaku has done well there before. (Remember when he scored and ran to RM to hug him, thats after RM used him on the left) Wasnt it the 3-0 against Arsenal? (the second goal)

Edited by Peter H

Im hoping for:

Howard

McCarthy, Besic, Barry

Etoo, Lukaku, Mirallas

Naismith and McGeady being the first two that come on

Edit, might want to use Lukaku on the left and Etoo in the middle. Lukaku has done well there before. (Remember when he scored and ran to RM to hug him, thats after RM used him on the left) Wasnt it the 3-0 against Arsenal? (the second goal)

Lukaku was on the right.

No-one else reacted to this? He put Naismith together with Lukaku, Mirallas and Etoo and topped it off with a "wow". Who would have thought that 12 months ago?

WolfsburgFan, Everton has had a start just like Wolfsburg. Poor points after the first few games and a lot of missed goals. But the last game showed promise and we did score a few vs Chelsea. Im looking forward to this game, its always good to see where you stand against good European competition.

Brett did (I actually found it funny too!)

Howard

McCarthy, Besic,

Naismith

McGeady, Etoo,, Mirallas

I would rest Barry for this one, I think a second game in the same week could expose his age and legs - with Besic having experience at Hamburg I think a first competitive start against Germany team would be perfect timing for him. I don't think we need McCathy, Barry and Besic on.

Naismith has to start as the bang in-form player.

I am torn between McGeady and Lukaku to start- I think a fresh Lukaka would be great coming on at 60min to get at a tiring defence. I think he could have a massive impact in the last 30min.

Eto'o experience all across Europe should be a given to start this game.

looking forward

Howard

McCarthy, Besic,

Naismith

McGeady, Etoo,, Mirallas

I would rest Barry for this one, I think a second game in the same week could expose his age and legs - with Besic having experience at Hamburg I think a first competitive start against Germany team would be perfect timing for him. I don't think we need McCathy, Barry and Besic on.

Naismith has to start as the bang in-form player.

I am torn between McGeady and Lukaku to start- I think a fresh Lukaka would be great coming on at 60min to get at a tiring defence. I think he could have a massive impact in the last 30min.

Eto'o experience all across Europe should be a given to start this game.

looking forward

agree mostly, except I'd rest, not drop, Naismith. He wasn't that great at the weekend, probably because he had been running himself ragged for the games previously. But then again, bringing on Lukaku for him around 60mins as you say, after Naisy has worn them out with clever runs makes a lot of sense.

Brilliant. I'm ok to watch then. Currently in centre parcs being fleeced for anything that they can charge you for. £5 a pint....

I'm at my in laws house just outside Wells; was charged £5.50 for a pint of Guinness and half a Carlsberg in the city today, thought that was quite bad. Though I had a chat with my brother yesterday, in Singapore working, and he said it's around £7.50 a pint :blink2:.