IGNORED

Swansea (Away) League Cup

bluenosetoffee

Galloway played in u21's yesterday, as did Long, Henan and Ledson so I would assume none of these will be playing.

Browning and Garbutt on the other hand didn't and will probably get games.

I expect oviedo probably starts at left back though so no place for Garbutt. Browning i'm not sure if he'll start right back or centre back but if Hibbo is back from his mystery injury then Browning probably starts centre with Alcaraz.

Not the greatest defence set up i've ever seen!

Surely Besic and Gibson play DM roles.

I'd rest Lukaku, start Kone and replace him with Eto'o after 20 minutes when he collapses.

Robles

Browning Stones Alcaraz Garbutt (Oviedo on at some point)

Atsu Besic Gibson McGeady (or Mirallas)

McAleny

Eto'o (with Kone or Lukaku to come on later in the game)

I think that will more or less be it although my view is that if Lukaku/Mirallas aren't going to start then they shouldn't be in the squad. You either rest someone completely or they start.

I think that will more or less be it although my view is that if Lukaku/Mirallas aren't going to start then they shouldn't be in the squad. You either rest someone completely or they start.

Martinez might see them as an insurance policy off the bench. That is if he's bothered about getting through to the next round.

Martinez might see them as an insurance policy off the bench. That is if he's bothered about getting through to the next round.

I don't know how well it really works though. It didn't work at the weekend and I know if I was one of those players I would want to start and sitting on the bench wouldn't be a rest. You either have to have the conviction that the starting 11 will do the job or just pick your best players to win the game and then take them off when the job is done.

Robles

Need to factor in Sunday's team selection. Few minutes for Naisy means he starts and Stones substitution seems to mean he can play today.

My guess is similar to Romey's...

Joel

Browning Stones Alcaraz Garbutt

McGeady Besic Gibson Oviedo

Naismith

McAleny

My guess on subs are 15-20 mins for Eto'o, Kone, Atsu coming on for McGeady, Oviedo and Naismith

I sure hope we do. Gives us a good opportunity to bring in the fringe/young players. I for one would like to see us reach the same sort of level that Arsenal have with their second squad where they can basically hand this competition to the B team and still expect to make it few at least a few rounds.

I think that should be the expectation and I think we're getting close to that level of competition in the squad.