IGNORED

Manchester United (away)

Paddock

Question: Some please summarise McGeady's contribution today, in one letter.

Response:_

He's a direct player playing in a non direct team. Bit of a mismatch. I like what he could bring, if used correctly. He should be allowed to run at players with the ball played in front of him, not tracking back to find it and then having to stop to play an inside pass. Same for Lukaku really...play to their strengths.

He's not that direct though. He turns back every time. Unless he has space, he won't run into it and even when there is, he manages to lose the ball. I've seen nothing from the 8+ games he's played. 1 goal after an anonymous performance, isn't justifying his selection.

No one else to put in though is there?! The problem with a pacey player is when they do go full on...no one can keep up! So there are no options other than to mess about with it.

He hasn't been brilliant, no where near. I just like what his sort can bring to a team if used properly.

Question: Some please summarise McGeady's contribution today, in one letter.

Response:_

haha yeah, he gives the ball away 90% of his passes. he'll make a great run and burst and then pass to the opposition. honestly, osman out there looked decent, had some trickery and a couple shots, granted the other team was tired, but he might be an option to bench mcgeady and get his head right.

But to be fair...you right off a fair few of our players! Laws of probability mean you are bound to get one right somewhere!!!

Who have I been wrong about.... People can argue McCarthy but I still don't rate him as our "lynch pin" Apart from the odd game were I've seen him do well. He's the most overrated player in the squad. The lad who came in today Besic wasn't absolutely brilliant but there was no big hole (McCarthy) missing in there. There's a lot more about Besic as well. Again I say this lightly because I haven't seen anything extraordinary about Besic. But he's no less of a player than McCarthy.

haha yeah, he gives the ball away 90% of his passes. he'll make a great run and burst and then pass to the opposition. honestly, osman out there looked decent, had some trickery and a couple shots, granted the other team was tired, but he might be an option to bench mcgeady and get his head right.

81% pass success rate. The team had 84%. So he did ok.

Lukaku was 71%. Just saying. Haha...Turning into a bash now!!!

Can we be fair to Hibbert too.

We all had misgivings about him. But that's 4 games in a row having not played for 2 years. And he hasn't really done much wrong. Ok, he's not as dynamic as Coleman but he has done no harm.

Fair play to him.

This is true, but we're having to waste a sub every game with him which is a bit annoying!

Hibbert doing well means he didn't make any damning mistakes, but he's not really adding anything either.We need Coleman and Barkley back.

Hibbert has never been known for mistakes. He's always been solid. It was his lack of ability once over the half way line.

wow, surprised his was that high. not surprised with lukaku to be honest. not going to bash him, i've stated in his thread my defense of him, also he's 21. thanks for the info though, very interesting.

I think it just shows that sometimes we see what we want to see. That's not aimed as a slant against you, but all of us really

I thought Hibbert was our most dangerous player in the 1st half I jumped out my seat when he surged into the box for the penalty - our only attempt on target in the half. We deserved a point from this game and it's maddening that we didn't get it. Stones is becoming more important each game I really hope the injury's not serious.

McGeady just won't cut it here. Another one who Haf was so sure of.

I said he will prove to be a good signing, is the fact that he's a new hate figure make that wrong?. Do you need my posts to be all "ah yeah mirallas and Barkley are the team, without them we have nothing. I'd play mirallas instead of McCarthy in midfield cos McCarthy is crap"

I said he will prove to be a good signing, is the fact that he's a new hate figure make that wrong?. Do you need my posts to be all "ah yeah mirallas and Barkley are the team, without them we have nothing. I'd play mirallas instead of McCarthy in midfield cos McCarthy is crap"

I'm just saying you don't appreciate the real quality players, instead you seem to like players who really aren't all that. In terms of McGeady I agree he's talented but he's never going to be a good signing. Against poor opposition he can do the odd good thing. Key word being odd. Against quality opposition he's useless, I'd even go as far as saying against average sides he's a floater.

I will always bring McCarthy into this as he's had far too much praise for his "water carrying" ability. I just don't rate him as a valuable member. He's been absolutely terrible this season. Besic came in and covered that area just as well. He's not irreplaceable, players like Barkley and Mirallas are.

Edited by MiguelCotto