IGNORED

Manchester United (away)

Paddock

I'm just saying you don't appreciate the real quality players, instead you seem to like players who really aren't all that. In terms of McGeady I agree he's talented but he's never going to be a good signing. Against poor opposition he can do the odd good thing. Key word being odd. Against quality opposition he's useless, I'd even go as far as saying against average sides he's a floater.

I will always bring McCarthy into this as he's had far too much praise for his "water carrying" ability. I just don't rate him as a valuable member. He's been absolutely terrible this season. Besic came in and covered that area just as well.

He's been carrying a knock since the start of the season by all accounts, regardless. If you failed to appreciate his quality last season then you are best just as well focussing your binoculars on mirallas and Barkley.

Funny, you manage to find a defence for Lukaku, someone who could do with taking a note out of McCarthys book in terms of working a full shift, running hard, actually putting in a challenge and not going through the motions.

He's been carrying a knock since the start of the season by all accounts, regardless. If you failed to appreciate his quality last season then you are best just as well focussing your binoculars on mirallas and Barkley.

Funny, you manage to find a defence for Lukaku, someone who could do with taking a note out of McCarthys book in terms of working a full shift, running hard, actually putting in a challenge and not going through the motions.

My thing with McCarthy is like yours with Lukaku. I actually know where your coming from with Lukaku. I do see everything you're saying and I do think you're right with most of it. He annoys the hell out of me. But I look at him differently. I only see him as a goal scorer. I don't see him as the player who needs to be linking everyone up and playing one twos on the edge of the box. He's just not good enough to do that. What he is good at is taking clear cut goalscoring opportunities. The players around him need to feed him.

My thing with McCarthy is like yours with Lukaku. I actually know where your coming from with Lukaku. I do see everything you're saying and I do think you're right with most of it. He annoys the hell out of me. But I look at him differently. I only see him as a goal scorer. I don't see him as the player who needs to be linking everyone up and playing one twos on the edge of the box. He's just not good enough to do that. What he is good at is taking clear cut goalscoring opportunities. The players around him need to feed him.

Not at £28m - it's not on. If it's about goalscoring alone then why is Naismith outscoring him? I don't buy it.

Neville on motd trying to make out its because he's being played wide. I don't think it is, it's because the other points he highlighted are true - that he can't control a ball.

Sinclair had it right, he needs to earn the right to play.

Not at £28m - it's not on. If it's about goalscoring alone then why is Naismith outscoring him? I don't buy it.

Neville on motd trying to make out its because he's being played wide. I don't think it is, it's because the other points he highlighted are true - that he can't control a ball.

Sinclair had it right, he needs to earn the right to play.

Then if it's about the £28m (yes, too much) look at your manager.

lukaku is a big and strong player. but we never use that strength of his. we don't just send it down to him in the box on long passes. he needs to be used more like how mu uses falcao and how chelsea uses costa. send the ball down field and let him work. the one time we did it today, he got off a decent shot.

not enough class players in the midfield w/o barkley and now mirallas. just aren't deep enough there.

don't understand why howard didn't just kick it out when he ran all the way to the corner. the 2nd goal is 100% on him.

Edited by djsunyc

Lukaku isn't big and strong, he's big.

If he was strong he would be holding players of with ease like Dunc used to do.

Holding the player at arms length with hos foot on the ball while he calmly looks up and finds a pass.

When he starts to do this then people will love him.

I K ow when he starts holding the ball up and using his strength I will see him as a much better player.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-roberto-martinez-blasts-7886349

Shut up, Roberto, you're clutching at straws. It wasn't a head injury so the ref doesn't have an obligation to stop the game. Just because our players are fannies and will kick the ball out when an opposition player is down doesn't mean play needs to be stopped for every little thing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-roberto-martinez-blasts-7886349

Shut up, Roberto, you're clutching at straws. It wasn't a head injury so the ref doesn't have an obligation to stop the game. Just because our players are fannies and will kick the ball out when an opposition player is down doesn't mean play needs to be stopped for every little thing.

Yeah, not for me. Pienaar was walking, then just sat down, he could have walked off the pitch.

Like you say, clutching at straws. Blaming other things other than your players is the first sign of bitterness.. He better pack that in now.

For me he needs to assure the fans that the performances will improve and highlight poor individual performances, otherwise the constant praise for bad showings can have a negative impact on players. Kick their ass. Say they weren't good enough, get them proving you wrong pal.

No more excuses.

I think he realises that the squad players can't do what the starting 11 can. I just hope we aren't involved in a relegation battle as pointed out he's got lots of experience with that. If he'd have started the way he has this season last season people would be calling for his head.

Its crazy to think we will be in a relegation fight :lol:

Things need to click, we will get players back and hopefully a creative midfielder in January and shoot up the table. I've mentioned before, we are suffering from second season blues, it happened with Moyes too. Roberto is 18 months into a 5 year project, things take time and some change takes longer than others - my biggest fear is that Martinez won't change his approach much like Moyes didn't.

Lack of depth at the back seems to be our downfall again. Without Distin and Coleman, we look frail as anything.

Tony Hibbert is past it, Stones in no right back and Browning is untested. We really needed a solid plan B for Coleman before the season started. Hopefully we can add depth at the back come January - a decent RB and CB is on my wishlist.

Good news is international break is coming at the right time. A few days off gives us time for Stones, Coleman, Distin, McCarthy and maybe even Barkley to make recoveries. Villa, Burnely, Swansea, Sunderland, West Ham, Spurs and Hull are the next seven fixtures. We should be getting at least 4 or 5 wins from those fixtures.

Its crazy to think we will be in a relegation fight :lol: Things need to click, we will get players back and hopefully a creative midfielder in January and shoot up the table. I've mentioned before, we are suffering from second season blues, it happened with Moyes too. Roberto is 18 months into a 5 year project, things take time and some change takes longer than others - my biggest fear is that Martinez won't change his approach much like Moyes didn't.

It is crazy. But if the top players can't stay fit we won't be anywhere near the top 6 and at present we're down there. Things need to change

real disappointing campaign so far, missing 3 key players and it shows. hopefully after the international break we'll have seamus and mccarthy back.

browning looks decent, don't know why he doesn't start. hibbert might need to be CB now that stones is hurt.

When hell freezes over. Alcaraz is in there way before Hibbert. Agree that Browning might as well start if we don't have Seamus. Hibbert has been steady, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot with substituting our right back on 70 minutes.

All for nice possession football if we go somewhere with it and show some urgency. Were just too slow. Man U were there for the taking. Besic and Baines pass marks only.

Totally agree. Thought Utd were really poor overall. They had 15 minutes in the first have and 10 in the second where the threatened, otherwise they were wasteful and disorganized. Really disappointed that we didn't get at their inexperienced back line more. Not sure what Lukaku needs to realize to start using his size and strength. Should be turning the ball around the corning charging straight through defenders, especially early in a match and against a CB with about 90 minutes of total senior football.

On the subject of United, I had the pleasure to spend 90 minutes with the enemy, to watch the game from the exec seats and I have this to summarise.

What a bunch of pig ignorant, rude, deluded bunch of cunt fuckers, I have ever had the displeasure of sitting with. Old Trafford is bang average. There. I said it. Mummy and Daddy from Essex paid for the majority of the support I sat with and they didn't have a fucking clue. I know more about United than them bellends.

I've had the pleasure of meeting some away fans after we beat them 1-0 at Goodison yesteryear (one spat at my 12 year old female cousin and called her a "fucking scouse cunt") and when you concoct the away drivel and prawn sandwich brigade together, you really do get a true sense of the average United fan. Linguistically and perfectly formed and perfected in use by our own resident Marcopaulo. I can conclude that United fans are all Cunts.

The end. x

Edited by tenaciousj

When hell freezes over. Alcaraz is in there way before Hibbert. Agree that Browning might as well start if we don't have Seamus. Hibbert has been steady, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot with substituting our right back on 70 minutes.

t through defenders, especially early in a match and against a CB with about 90 minutes of total senior football.

sorry i should have clarified. now that we have 2 fit CB, jags and alcaraz, hibbert with have to be the backup guy for europa and league cup stuff till distin gets better.

i believe his style of play would be better suited to CB than RB, he doesn't bomb the flank, he's essentially just a Right CB.

sorry i should have clarified. now that we have 2 fit CB, jags and alcaraz, hibbert with have to be the backup guy for europa and league cup stuff till distin gets better.

i believe his style of play would be better suited to CB than RB, he doesn't bomb the flank, he's essentially just a Right CB.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with Distin, I think he's just been dropped. Martinez hasnt mentioned him in the list of injured players in his press conferences I don't think.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with Distin, I think he's just been dropped. Martinez hasnt mentioned him in the list of injured players in his press conferences I don't think.

Which I think is bizarre. Dropping him from the whole squad? He was in no worse form than Jagielka yet Jagielkas has his arse shined by RM.

All of um round here are an all...whenever they win they gob off all afternoon/evening... whenever they lose they exit the pub as quick as poss...pathetic..I hold the door open for the wankers

One of my best mates (for about forty years) is a ManU fan, season ticket holder, regular away fan and he's a top top bloke. So one of them's OK, it's just the rest of the bastards :lol:.

Lol my hate for McCarthy, Hafs hate for Lukaku & Crustys relentless hate for Howard.

you will hate this McCarthy has grown on me lukaku will get there, as for my relentless hate of howard it stems from people telling me he is good ,they say on sunday it was not his fault he charged out of his goal ,kept it in play,and passed to there full back which led to to the second goal was not his fault, the 2 goals scored by palace was not his fault, etc that's what riles me. but hey we all have an opinion of this wonderful game.

im sure Gordon west never made as many mistakes. I think RM has to stop saying stupid things like my keeper was great or I would have paid a 100 mil for lukaku, we can see whats in front of us.

Martinez is overestimating his depleted squad -

he then tries to knock stronger teams over with aggressive football -

return to last years recipe - solid back 4 in defense with 2 def mids sweeping - at least until we get a proper creative midfielder-

catch stronger sides on the counter with 2 wingbacks joining in and Lukaku given more space -

we can barely manage to keep the ball in the midfield never mind creating chances through the middle -

we leave acres of space on our flanks for the opposition wingers to exploit -

i still maintain Europe on a thursday night is for the birds and not for a serious PL side

The real hardcore United fans packed United in when the Glazer's took over. If you want to meet these proper fans go and watch FC United - been to a couple myself and am getting to one when they move into their own ground in the next few weeks. Brilliant experience - totally different to any I've had as a lifelong Evertonian.

Don't panic yet, folks. If we're in the same position after the next 3 or 4 matches when we have an easier run-in, then we can show real concern. I've been appalled by some of our defending as well as certain players' individual performances but this is Everton, we're used to slow starts (minus the past two seasons), and I think things will start moving in a better direction if we can avoid further injuries and some of our current injured crop returns.

Edited by Quinn31

The real hardcore United fans packed United in when the Glazer's took over. If you want to meet these proper fans go and watch FC United - been to a couple myself and am getting to one when they move into their own ground in the next few weeks. Brilliant experience - totally different to any I've had as a lifelong Evertonian.

part of me wants them to go on a cup run (losing to us in the final mind you) so they can make a movie for funding. A lot of respect for them

I've got a few friends who support United and they're all sound. But I did work the boxes at Old Trafford back in my Uni days and the majority were just on a day out rather than support the club. No real distain for them, some were snobby but I imagine most boxes are like that.

Did see a drug bust at halftime though :)

Not much is being said about Ross Barkley's absence.

This is £50m player missing from our ranks.

Yes we are making defensive mistakes but perhaps that wouldn't happen so much with Ross in the side (i.e. not giving the ball away, they have to drop deeper etc).

He attracks defenders to give Lukaku more space etc etc