IGNORED

Aston Villa (H)

duncanmckenzieismagic

Because Barkley was actually able to create and be dangerous in the centre. Something Osman and Naismith can't really do. So then you're looking at the other central midfielders to actually produce something through the middle again which McCarthy and Barry can't really do. He essentially let them sit back and get on with defensive stuff and tippy tippy stuff. McCarthy had a good game but nothing spectacular just the simple stuff. He made a great challenge but I see them every week of Jagielka.

All in all we have two limited central midfielders in Barry and McCarthy who can pass 2 yards between each other and soak up pressure when we've got the lions share of the ball. Be honest Mccarthys looked useless with Osman and Naismith playing inn front of him and there's been much less reliance on the usual wide players. All we've seemed to do without Barkley is go wide, crowding the wings. Now we have creativity through the middle.

Waste of time even debating with you. You will create any old shite to reinforce the backing of one of your favourite players at the expense of a player you don't rate as one of your galacticos.

Barkley gets the platform to express himself because of these so called limited, positionally disciplined players.

Guest millwallforever

Instead of calling people wums, maybe you should get used to the fact that they see things differently? I disagree with the guy, both Osman and Naismith were great in my view, but I can handle dissenting opinions. If you can't handle those, there is an ignore button that you could utilise.

You really do talk shite. Sorry but it's true, complete nonsense or you are a wum.

Barkley made McCarthy look really good by being on the pitch when McCarthy made tackle of the game? Please explain.

Great win. We needed that. Should see a boost in self belief.

Brill to see Barkley, Coleman and McCarthy back. Brill to see Lukaku hitting the back of the net. Brill to keep a clean sheet!!! Perfect. Wish I was able to get tickets now!!!

Shame about some of the posts on here, the forum for the 'thinking evertonian'. Looking to score personal points over who scores, who assists etc just seems like playground talk. Brilliant team performance which surely makes us all winners???

Anyway, chilling in the hotel before hitting Liverpool. Great night ahead.

Playground indeed. Fucking pathetic, we win 3-0 and mc has to chat shite in order to slate mcgeady, McCarthy to further his teen obsession with Barkley who was class considered he has missed the season to date. Enough of the bollocks... Clean sheet 3 points, get in.

Just hope ROM kicks on now.

Guest millwallforever

Care to enlighten us on how one conducts one's discourse in an adequate manner on a football forum? We are discussing neither the antinomies of Kant nor Hegel's doctrine of being, but football FFS. I have been active on football forums for more than two decades, and if there is one thing I have learnt, it is the following: it is all about unabashedly subjective opinions even when it comes to self-proclaimed experts on footballing matters. Listen to the shite emitted from Gary Neville's gob; if a seasoned professional cannot talk reasonably about football, you should be expecting no better from armchair experts who hardly ever kicked a ball. In other words: no need for sanctimonious posturing. Your opinion is as valuable or as worthless as the opinions of those with whom you disagree.

Shame about some of the posts on here, the forum for the 'thinking evertonian'. Looking to score personal points over who scores, who assists etc just seems like playground talk. Brilliant team performance which surely makes us all winners???

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

They are trying to wind you up; ironically they are calling you a wum. Ignore them.

An you'r a grade A scrotum. You just can't stay away from the popcorn can you.

Waste of time even debating with you. You will create any old shite to reinforce the backing of one of your favourite players at the expense of a player you don't rate as one of your galacticos.Barkley gets the platform to express himself because of these so called limited, positionally disciplined players.

Waste of time even debating with you. You will create any old shite to reinforce the backing of one of your favourite players at the expense of a player you don't rate as one of your galacticos.Barkley gets the platform to express himself because of these so called limited, positionally disciplined players.

McCarthy can be replaced for buttons (Besic) no difference in the players at all. Except Besic is better with the ball. Barkley can't be replaced on our budget. Different level of players. McGeady will always be brought up because of your persistence that he'll be a brilliant player for us. You know the type of players I like and Mcgeady should fit that mold, however he's 98% useless. Not good enough.

Instead of calling people wums, maybe you should get used to the fact that they see things differently? I disagree with the guy, both Osman and Naismith were great in my view, but I can handle dissenting opinions. If you can't handle those, there is an ignore button that you could utilise.

With all due respect this nonsense has been going on a fair bit longer than your tenure. It doesn't invalidate your opinion, but I'm not getting into a point scoring with MC while a match is ongoing. That's where I won't tolerate shite. He likes to call people out mid match based on non match opinions and if he gets some shit based on that then he deserves it.

I'm not on here to win arguments or say "oh yeah you were right, Aiden mcgeady is shite".

As ive said, he can find a different thread if he is insistent on having personal duels.

McCarthy can be replaced for buttons (Besic) no difference in the players at all. Except Besic is better with the ball. Barkley can't be replaced on our budget. Different level of players. McGeady will always be brought up because of your persistence that he'll be a brilliant player for us. You know the type of players I like and Mcgeady should fit that mold, however he's 98% useless. Not good enough.

I personally like Mo and believe he has the potential to be great but to say that he would easily replace McCarthy right now, that is something I can't agree with. McCarthy has been playing top flight football for years now, Mo has had what, 2 games worth of experience in the league? I would pump my brakes there

Guest millwallforever

As far as I am concerned, Mo should be starting every single game - alongside Macca.

I personally like Mo and believe he has the potential to be great but to say that he would easily replace McCarthy right now, that is something I can't agree with. McCarthy has been playing top flight football for years now, Mo has had what, 2 games worth of experience in the league? I would pump my brakes there

Edited by millwallforever

I'm telling you he could no problem. The calibre of player the lads marked out of games should not be looked at lightly. Barring his ridiculous back pass against Chelsea he's done very well away at Anfield & Old Trafford - where McCarthy was not missed one bit.

I should have been at the game today but I ain't been well. So you won't come across me much in here anyway Haf. It's ok for you to point score the majority of the forum when Lukaku has a bad game.

Yeah love Lukaku to have a bad game, its not like blowing 28m on a player with a lot to learn is an issue. As I've said RM has a bit to answer there.

As far as I am concerned, Mo should be starting every single game - alongside Macca.

I think you might be underestimating Barry and how he is generally consistent for us. He shields the backline nicely and slots in for Baines when he goes forward and for the most part, does a good job. Now would i have a problem with Besic coming in for him near the end of the season and when Barry needs a game off to keep him fresh? Not at all, we saw that the last 3rd of the season Barry needed a break but we didn't have the personnel to give him a rest. We do now with Besic.

I'm telling you he could no problem. The calibre of player the lads marked out of games should not be looked at lightly. Barring his ridiculous back pass against Chelsea he's done very well away at Anfield & Old Trafford - where McCarthy was not missed one bit.

Not disagreeing, he has been consistent when he has played and is not nearly as reckless as I was expecting him to be but I just want to see more from him before saying he would easily replace McCarthy. If I remember correctly, you were not a big fan of McCarthy but have slowly grown to appreciate him, keep that in mind and I hope you are right that Besic does grow with experience and becomes a great player :)

Besic has all the tools to be better than all the players mentioned, he could be a top 3 defensive midfielder in the world. Gerrards athleticism and Alonso's passing.

He just needs maturity and experience that will come.

Is he ready to replace? Not as yet but he's ready to play a massive part.

Care to enlighten us on how one conducts one's discourse in an adequate manner on a football forum? We are discussing neither the antinomies of Kant nor Hegel's doctrine of being, but football FFS. I have been active on football forums for more than two decades, and if there is one thing I have learnt, it is the following: it is all about unabashedly subjective opinions even when it comes to self-proclaimed experts on footballing matters. Listen to the shite emitted from Gary Neville's gob; if a seasoned professional cannot talk reasonably about football, you should be expecting no better from armchair experts who hardly ever kicked a ball. In other words: no need for sanctimonious posturing. Your opinion is as valuable or as worthless as the opinions of those with whom you disagree.

Football forums haven't existed for more more than two decades. Not bickering, just saying.

Great game though eh?

Thought we played well today, we looked sharp and a lot more penetrating with Barkley back. Coleman back balances us so much better, we're lop sided when he's missing. Thought everyone had a decent to good game today and we won at a canter. Villa were poir to be fair though.

We have Burnley away, Swansea home the Sunderland away. 12 points from those (and it's very possible) and we're back in business.

Back to the game... Jagielka looks like a different player all of a sudden, barkley being back and being so direct took a lot of pressure off our midfield and allowed us to play with a bit more freedom. Baines was brilliant today, MOM by a street and Lukaku looked a lot sharper but if I'm totally honest there's still much room for improvement with him.

All in all though extremely pleased with the result it was a high pressure game and a must win for us which we duley done.

Happy tonight and gort my Burnley tickets today as well :D

Thought we played well today, we looked sharp and a lot more penetrating with Barkley back. Coleman back balances us so much better, we're lop sided when he's missing. Thought everyone had a decent to good game today and we won at a canter. Villa were poir to be fair though.

We have Burnley away, Swansea home the Sunderland away. 12 points from those (and it's very possible) and we're back in business.

Back to the game... Jagielka looks like a different player all of a sudden, barkley being back and being so direct took a lot of pressure off our midfield and allowed us to play with a bit more freedom. Baines was brilliant today, MOM by a street and Lukaku looked a lot sharper but if I'm totally honest there's still much room for improvement with him.

All in all though extremely pleased with the result it was a high pressure game and a must win for us which we duley done.

Happy tonight and gort my Burnley tickets today as well :D

Sorry, but I don't think twelve points from three games is very likely :(.

Guest millwallforever

Football forums haven't existed for more more than two decades. Not bickering, just saying.

Great game though eh?

actually they have....usenet is the mother of all online football forums. it has been around for considerably longer than two decades

I also thought Lukaku was excellent in the 2nd half. Linked the game well, played some nice passes and took his fortunate goal well.

He still didn't win a header though and was knocked off the ball really easily.

I'm not having a pop at the lad I'm one of his staunchest supporters but he does need to step it up on the commitment side of things.

He still didn't win a header though and was knocked off the ball really easily.

I'm not having a pop at the lad I'm one of his staunchest supporters but he does need to step it up on the commitment side of things.

Is it commitment in terms of his lack of ability to resist a physical challenge or is he weaker than he looks?

Is it commitment in terms of his lack of ability to resist a physical challenge or is he weaker than he looks?

I think it's his temprement Haf, I think he's a confidence player and when confiddnt he's unstoppable but once that doubt starts to creep in his decision making, touch and strength seem to desert him.

I honestly think it's a mental thing with the lad but time will tell I suppose.