IGNORED

Aston Villa (H)

duncanmckenzieismagic

Possible returns for Pienaar ....

Although I realize news of possible, if unlikely, returns by Coleman, McCarthy, and Barkley is more important, did we know Pienaar had been injured? (Or is that just a given this season, sort of Pienaar's default status?)

And if Pienaar does't make it, are McGeady and Atsu the only wingers? Oviedo available?

Although I realize news of possible, if unlikely, returns by Coleman, McCarthy, and Barkley is more important, did we know Pienaar had been injured? (Or is that just a given this season, sort of Pienaar's default status?)

And if Pienaar does't make it, are McGeady and Atsu the only wingers? Oviedo available?

He went off injured against United.

press conference made it sound like coleman, McCarthy, Pienaar and Barkley were all unlikely with him saying Lille more likely.

If Barkley is considered fit enough he would only be on the bench, I had heard the 2 Irish were pretty much ready so maybe he's just being cagey about them.

If none of those are back i would go with

Howard

Browning Distin Jagielka Baines

Barry Besic

McGeady Naismith Atsu/Oviedo

Eto'o

I think that Browning has shown himself well in his 2 short debuts and now in a home game agaisnt a weaker side he would make a better option than Hibbert, giving a better option going forward.

I'd go with either Atsu or Oviedo ahead of Osman (who replaced Pienaar when he went off last week), we need 2 good wing options with pace to get the ball in and try to create something. Not sure if Atsu is more suited to the right though McGeady seems switchable. Oviedo would be a safer option and would provide a bit more defensive cover than Atsu.

I'd put Lukaku on the bench, he's not looked at his best, he's not quite imposing himself and having just had 2 further matches abroad while Eto'o has been in training it seems like a good time to give him a rest. He's already played 9 games since the start of September and while he hasn't played full games in all of those he's played a lot of football and done a lot of travelling without ever looking 100%. If needed he can make an impact from the bench.

Another sell-out crowd :).

Yeah, tell me!

Down in Liverpool this weekend for a tare up. My mate and the ladies. Staying at Hotel Indigo. Tried to get tickets last week...not a chance. Not even on stub hub. Couldn't believe it. And me Dad's down there too...but in hospital to have an op on his leg that he broke in February! Gonna be a belting weekend.

We should beat Villa. Even with the players missing, we have the team to do it.

I think we'll have a cautious approach still, as in the last few games. But hopefully a bit more adventure too.

2-0 Everton. And a solid performance from Lukaku. Happy days.

Excited for this game, but equally nervous! I think Villa are improving, and shouldn't be under estimated! Browning and Distan should hopefully match the pace of Gabby and Weiman ( not sure of my spelling ) Is Vlaar injured? I haven't kept upto date on that one- quality defender though

Excited for this game, but equally nervous! I think Villa are improving, and shouldn't be under estimated! Browning and Distan should hopefully match the pace of Gabby and Weiman ( not sure of my spelling ) Is Vlaar injured? I haven't kept upto date on that one- quality defender though

Vlaar expected to be back.

I'd love to cue agbonglahor. That face pisses me right off. Looks like his nuts have been caught in a vice with that expression.

He always scores against us as well the fucker. His pace is going to run our defence ragged all day.

I so hope we click tomorrow we are in real trouble if we get beat tomorrow.

For those who take that literally to mean we're going to get relegated, I don't mean that I mean another home defeat will be catastrophic to our confidence.

Why all the negativity. We are well able to beat these. Let's get the finger out lads and put them to the sword early. Come on u toffees!!!

We can't go into the game to gung-ho... I can't see Lukaku getting much change out of Vlaar(if he plays) and they have pace to burn up front. Game for me will be won in the midfield ( I'm aware I say that a bit haha ) hopefully the loss of Delph hurts them as he was controlling their midfield!

The key to this game will be not conceding early. Villa are a shit footballing side and if they get ahead they'll have no interest in even touching the ball, will just camp in their own half and ask us to break them down. Which is something we struggle with.

They score early to take the lead and it's likely to be a horrible afternoon.

The key to this game will be not conceding early. Villa are a shit footballing side and if they get ahead they'll have no interest in even touching the ball, will just camp in their own half and ask us to break them down. Which is something we struggle with.

Disagree that their a shit footballing side. Especially this season. Their back four is full of yard dogs yes, but they have some tidy midfielders, Cleverley, lowton both decent knocking the ball around.

They're also up there with the best counter attackers in the league. So it will suit them to sit back and hit us on the break anyway. Weimann and Agbondlahor are dangerous.

Disagree that their a shit footballing side. Especially this season. Their back four is full of yard dogs yes, but they have some tidy midfielders, Cleverley, lowton both decent knocking the ball around.

They're also up there with the best counter attackers in the league. So it will suit them to sit back and hit us on the break anyway. Weimann and Agbondlahor are dangerous.

I think you mean Westwood rather than Lowton? Because Lowton is a defender and not featuring much this season (I think).

They're a shit footballing side as far as I'm concerned because they're happy to not play football for long periods of games. Not because they can't play football and pass it about.

Think you're spot on and what'll make matters worse is Agbonlahor will just hang around the half way line and look to catch us on the break with his speed and more than likely succeed.