IGNORED

Swansea (H)

djsunyc

The set pieces were poor.

Far too often our corners are wasted. At the moment we'd be better off playing it short and working it in.

Agree. And given how well Swansea was defending and how poor the attack was during the run of play, the best opportunities were on set pieces. And they didn't even test the keeper once with 11 or so corners and at least 2 dangerous free kicks just outside the box.

my verdit of everton today and ecerton throughout...

we need to shoot more from outside the box.

we need to mix up small and long ball play a bit (becoming predictable)

we need to practice set peices on the training field.

we need to play lukaku exactly hiw we did today. not coming deep and playing off the last man doing this, he had three really good chances to win it for us today.

we need to take more one touch passes facing goal to suprise opposition and open the defence up.

Hit it on the head Brett, why don't we shoot more around the box.

Mcgeady had an effort in the first half.

We just hold onto the ball way too much.

Someone said at the start of the season that it's just not as exciting as pressure football, I think they were right. Can't remember who said it.

Gutted we didn't pick up the 3 points, I only caught a quick 5 mins of the game ( around 30th min ) and we looked good, moved the ball rapidly, bony would get 1 touch and be swamped. Positive is we seem to have turned our defence around! And by the sounds of it, McGeady did alright?

Gutted we didn't pick up the 3 points, I only caught a quick 5 mins of the game ( around 30th min ) and we looked good, moved the ball rapidly, bony would get 1 touch and be swamped. Positive is we seem to have turned our defence around! And by the sounds of it, McGeady did alright?

Yup. I thought it was one of McGeady's better games. Plus, McCarthy and Besic, the more they play together, are going to be immense.

Yeh we definitely over played at times.

Disagree about the Baines comments above, yeh his corners were shit but he played well otherwise. In fact I didn't think anyone played badly.

Fair point. Everton dominated the game--I think the stats said 67% possession and Swansea had very few positive opportunities. Obviously all of us would have liked to see an Everton goal or two, but there are a few positives that can be taken away. The defense was good, Howard wasn't even tested (he could have taken a nap for long periods), and they controlled the ball. They were unlucky not to score. Sometimes that happens. (Though I don't want to take them off the hook too much. They should have won the game)

my verdit of everton today and ecerton throughout...

we need to shoot more from outside the box.

we need to mix up small and long ball play a bit (becoming predictable)

we need to practice set peices on the training field.

we need to play lukaku exactly hiw we did today. not coming deep and playing off the last man doing this, he had three really good chances to win it for us today.

we need to take more one touch passes facing goal to suprise opposition and open the defence up.

I think I need to go back to bed because Ive found myself agreeing with everything Brett has said here

We were poor yesterday. All fight and no punch.

We looked absolutely devoid of ideas but I was surprised at Swansea coming and parking the bus a bit, I thought they'd play football but either way they done a job on us.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with our stopping a passing sideways when we're on the break. Every time there's a break on we start to bomb forward then stop, check and go sideways? I don't understand it because we were so fluent going forward last season. It's almost like doubts crept in and we have to stop and check just to make sure.

What the fuck has happened to Baines corners? He never gets it past the first man. He must be getting told to whip them in to the near post cos it's every single one

We were poor yesterday. All fight and no punch.

We looked absolutely devoid of ideas but I was surprised at Swansea coming and parking the bus a bit, I thought they'd play football but either way they done a job on us.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with our stopping a passing sideways when we're on the break. Every time there's a break on we start to bomb forward then stop, check and go sideways? I don't understand it because we were so fluent going forward last season. It's almost like doubts crept in and we have to stop and check just to make sure.

What the fuck has happened to Baines corners? He never gets it past the first man. He must be getting told to whip them in to the near post cos it's every single one

agreed the side passes piss me off all the time. it's like everyone is afraid to run with the ball, they want to pass immediately and get the balls out of their feets. mirallas, barkley, coleman, and lukaku are the only ones that can run on the break and keep the ball and make something. jimmy mac (love the guy) but he passes to coleman or barry and it's over. barry does the same thing. naisy can't run and chew gum at the same time it's always a pass right back. it kills me to pad, we need more pace.

I'm not having that we were poor yesterday. If we play like that every game this season we would win a hell of a lot of matches. Defensively in that first half we were as good as I have seen us bar one small blip from Baines dropping too deep.

We gave ourselves lots of opportunities and got ourselves in good positions without ever finishing the move off. Sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesnt. Credit to Swansea though because they were excellent at the back and yet we still created more than enough to win the game. They were content to sit deep and hope they could feed off any scraps from Bony whilst also fouling us at every opportunity, which didn't help when the referee didn't play the advantage.

I think we played the ball a bit too slowly in the second half and Swansea got a small foothold but in the last 20 we picked it up again and created more decent chances including Jagielka missing from a yard and Pienaar skewing wide from about 8.

I didn't think we were that bad yesterday? Seemed to move with a good tempo and 'go for it'.

We kept plenty of possession, created chances (but fluffed them...there's one need for improvement). The down side, I thought, was that we ran out of ideas as the game went one and couldn't take advantage of them losing Shelvey.

I'm not having that we were poor yesterday. If we play like that every game this season we would win a hell of a lot of matches. Defensively in that first half we were as good as I have seen us bar one small blip from Baines dropping too deep.

We gave ourselves lots of opportunities and got ourselves in good positions without ever finishing the move off. Sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesnt. Credit to Swansea though because they were excellent at the back and yet we still created more than enough to win the game. They were content to sit deep and hope they could feed off any scraps from Bony whilst also fouling us at every opportunity, which didn't help when the referee didn't play the advantage.

I think we played the ball a bit too slowly in the second half and Swansea got a small foothold but in the last 20 we picked it up again and created more decent chances including Jagielka missing from a yard and Pienaar skewing wide from about 8.

Their goalie never had a save to make Bailey, we never created asingle chance other than the Pienaar shot and Eto'os ball right at the end that Lukaku missed. They were the only real clear cut chances we made that I can remember.. Sorry and the one in the first couple of minutes.

I thought we played poorly to be honest mate, we really struggled to break them down and we just looked bereft of ideas. They defended deep and had 9 men behind the ball most of the the game and we struggled to create chances of any kind. I honestly can't remember any real ones other than the 3 mentioned so I think stinger played well is a bit over zealous.

But each of us sees a game in different ways I suppose but Swansea hardly have us much to worry about, they were happy to sit behind the ball, invite us on and hit us on the break.

If I'm honest , it almost felt like a defeat to me. Liverpool lost, so did United and if Spurs lose today that is a massive opportunity to gain ground lost. If we're serious about another 5th or 6th finish we have to be beating the likes of Swansea at home. I know we can't win every game and to be fair, Swansea areno mugs and are a good side but we HAVE to win games like this especially when are supposed rivals all lose. To me that's what makes it all the more disappointing. Another wasted opportunity and only one win from five home games worries me even more.

Sure we had an obscene amount of possession, but never seemed like Swansea wanted it. We didn't threaten, no through balls, far too few shots. And then when Shelvey was sent off we didn't step it up at all. Just kept passing it around without a hint of threat. Really thought it should have been Eto'o and Lukaku both up front. Thought McGeady should have stay on, he was our biggest threat through most of the match. For my money it would have been Barkley off instead, he didn't provide enough and with him on we had three central midfielders, none of whom were really creating.

Guest blueboy122

Garry Monk come out and responded to RM's quips that they were negative. Don't know what it is about Monk - I just don't like the bloke. Full of himself, every week he seems to have something to say about this or that.

Agree Haf.

He just seems to love himself and nothing seems to be Swansea's fault or his fault.

To much to say for himself in my opinion.

He reminds me of Tim Sherwood. I can't stand him either.

Agree Haf.

He just seems to love himself and nothing seems to be Swansea's fault or his fault.

To much to say for himself in my opinion.

I think its the hair and the smug looks he pulls.

In fact both of them just fell into a first team managers gig - unjustifiably and started trying to act all Jose Mourinho. Get back to league 2 and earn your stripes.