IGNORED

Lukaku

I can't personally figure out why anyone would think De Boer is a better choice than Emery. Managed to loose the last two two-horse races. Tactically quite inflexible. Only one club so far. Not a good record in Europe. Emery, Pellegrini, Favre and Koeman are all clearly better candidates.

This is my stand on it now.

My preferred standing; 1. Favre (Project man) - 2. Emery (Tactical mastermind) - 3. Koeman (PL Experience) - 4. Pellegrini (Football Experience) - 5. De Boer ('Name')

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/23/romelu-lukaku-everton-leave-fuels

If all this is true (finally him saying it, not his agent or father) then the club just need to get him out now. Don't go waiting around for the new manager, simply cash in and tell the new manager he gets all the sales from Roms sale on top of the existing budget.

I really don't blame him for wanting to go after 2 seasons of perpetual mismanagement and disappointment. I was hoping he'd stick around until Christmas but heyho.

If he's going then we need to sell him before the Euro's as well, if he/Belgium have a shite tournament then it could wipe millions of his value.

true, or could take the tournament by storm and we miss out on millions by selling him too early

I think the most important thing is to get a potential replacement in before he is potentially sold. Mino Raiola is going to get him a big-money move and if teams know Everton are flush with cash like that then that'll be reflected in their asking price for their own goalscorers.

K looks like he is off then.

By Rom. Thanks for the goals and I hope you do well wherever you go.

Our top league scorer since Yakubu I think. Let's see if we can get 50+ and replace him with a player that will fit the team and take us to the next level.

I think the most important thing is to get a potential replacement in before he is potentially sold. Mino Raiola is going to get him a big-money move and if teams know Everton are flush with cash like that then that'll be reflected in their asking price for their own goalscorers.

Always think that. Liverpool did well before Suarez went.

Get your targets identified, get your price and get them in before it's public knowledge that you're flush.

Lukaku running his mouth off certainly doesn't help us. As clubs will now know we're actively looking for his replacement. They know he'll go for big money, wherever he ends up.

Don't see what difference it'll make if they know he'll be off this summer - so whether we have the money at that point or not they'll know we're going to and still overcharge us anyway.

Don't see what difference it'll make if they know he'll be off this summer - so whether we have the money at that point or not they'll know we're going to and still overcharge us anyway.

Because no one would know for sure that he will be off, they didn't sell Stones last summer either, or for how much exactly.

If £65 million is being touted I can't see that rising anymore even if he has a stormer

Even if he hadn't been disappointing in 2016 (beginning of the season he was on fire, until Geri got dropped at least) I'd take 65m because it's crazy money

Even if he hadn't been disappointing in 2016 (beginning of the season he was on fire, until Geri got dropped at least) I'd take 65m because it's crazy money

Oh yeah we'd be insane not to take £65m I'd put him at around 40-45m myself.

Because no one would know for sure that he will be off, they didn't sell Stones last summer either, or for how much exactly.

I know Stones handed in a transfer request but this is different. Much different. I really don't see us saving any money by getting a replacement in before Rom goes. And it'd be a bit difficult to do that seeing as we don't have a manager. You can sell a player while you have no manager but you don't sign players while you're without a manager. Particularly a player that's going to cost a lot of money.

Who's gonna want to manage us when we've sold all the young star they were coming here to manage! Fuck keep stones and Lukaku and tell them to grow a pair a proper fucking manager is ok his way.

No point in keeping want away players. If Stones and Rom are to go, and we get £100m for them both, then I've got no qualms at all.