IGNORED

Roberto Martinez to be sacked?

Haha all of you are pure tits...... Jump at every defeat no matter how bad it is. We won't have a manager over two seasons anymore with all you nobs....... Bobby till I die.

The bloke is tactically inept defensively... So is Wenger, you know the man who's won the double with an arsenal side. They also play football the rigjt way.

To hell with it, am with you guys... Bring back rolye, in fact bring in big Sam. He'll get us mid table. At least we won't go down..... You bellends.

Haha all of you are pure tits...... Jump at every defeat no matter how bad it is. We won't have a manager over two seasons anymore with all you nobs....... Bobby till I die.

The bloke is tactically inept defensively... So is Wenger, you know the man who's won the double with an arsenal side. They also play football the rigjt way.

To hell with it, am with you guys... Bring back rolye, in fact bring in big Sam. He'll get us mid table. At least we won't go down..... You bellends.

We're you bullied at school or just touched by your teacher? It's okay just let it all out on here. We are here for you.

Mr Chadwick will never call you his special little pupil again.

You're the biggest whopper on here mate.

Comparing Martinez to Wenger hahaha. Have a day off

Modern day Arsenal are different to the all conquering Arsenal. Modern day Arsenal are the tiki taki perfect goal Arsenal who do often struggle at the back. All conquering Arsenal were built on solid foundations with the likes of Cole, Campbell, Adams, Keown - this Arsenal were solid, strong, fast and direct... 4-4-2 without fail - quality wingers, battling midfielders in Viera, Petit, Gilberto. Martinez is like the modern day Wenger (on a much lower budget). The 'best Wenger' didn't play like the modern day Wenger.

Modern day Arsenal are different to the all conquering Arsenal. Modern day Arsenal are the tiki taki perfect goal Arsenal who do often struggle at the back. All conquering Arsenal were built on solid foundations with the likes of Cole, Campbell, Adams, Keown - this Arsenal were solid, strong, fast and direct... 4-4-2 without fail - quality wingers, battling midfielders in Viera, Petit, Gilberto. Martinez is like the modern day Wenger (on a much lower budget). The 'best Wenger' didn't play like the modern day Wenger.

Amen brother. Brett Angels having a stinker tonight.

Isn't if funny how the English football fan can't grasp the concept and idea behind 'tiki taki hacki spankme' or whatever it's called? And our Premier League can't move with it either?

And here we are, in danger of losing a European place for English clubs because we are doing so piss poor in European competition. Why? Because we can't evolve our game. We still want our GK and Centre Backs to hoof it up the other end of the pitch.

We can't evolve our game. Ever time we try, we end up still being 5-10 years behind our European cousins who have understood the technical side of the game much longer than we have.

Just a comment in general really, something I've been thinking again for a few days. Not really a defence of Martinez or anything like that.

Isn't if funny how the English football fan can't grasp the concept and idea behind 'tiki taki hacki spankme' or whatever it's called? And our Premier League can't move with it either?

And here we are, in danger of losing a European place for English clubs because we are doing so piss poor in European competition. Why? Because we can't evolve our game. We still want our GK and Centre Backs to hoof it up the other end of the pitch.

We can't evolve our game. Ever time we try, we end up still being 5-10 years behind our European cousins who have understood the technical side of the game much longer than we have.

Just a comment in general really, something I've been thinking again for a few days. Not really a defence of Martinez or anything like that.

Tika taka went out 2-3 years ago with Barcelona. The games evolved again. High pressing is the new tika taka. See Borussia Dortmund.

Amen brother been saying this for a while. The Germans have sussed it out. Germany won the world cup, Spain was bounced early. Tiki taka is dead.

Germany started rebuilding after the 2002 world cup when they didn't get out the group. The Germans changed the rules in the domestic league to encourage more home development. The club's invested millions in youth development and it has paid off. Before that, the Spanish did it. Before that, the French.

I don't think a 'style' dies out. More a generation that makes it famous gets old and the next lot come through.

The Germans have sussed out how to plan ahead and develop a bunch of quality players. But they haven't sussed out a style all of their own. Munich under Pep play differently to Klopp at Dortmund.

Right but bayern before Pep were similar. Direct, quick, high pressing. I loved that quad winning bayern side. Love the Dortmund side too.

Same way mourinho plays too. Strong defense, quick counters and more direct than tiki.

Look at atletico, high press and intensity.

Psg same thing.

Top champs league sides and domestic sides.

I've seen barca get beat by a weak Celtic side. Seen them lose the domestic to atletico, seen them lose the champs to Real Madrid who don't play tiki under ancelotti.

This season was always going to be tough because we spent the lion's share of our transfer budget on consolidating the squad from last season. With very few new faces in the squad I don't understand how anyone expected us to improve - especially given that key-position players in the starting XI are getting older - Barry, Howard, Osman, Pienaar and the like

I think whoever has the job for next season will have it easier as we now have most of core players tied down to long term contracts.

In my mind there are three main priorities in the off season -

1. Sign a Gerard Deulofeu-like player who can also play lone striker as cover for lukaku

2. Sign a direct replacement for Distin. An experienced CB who is still good for another 4 or more years a la Ryan Shawcross or Winston Reid

3. Offload players who offer us very little - Gibson, Kone, Alcaraz, possibly Pienaar

It's too late in the season to sack him now and I think he has the potential to do the right things in the off season.

Last night confirmed how tactically inept he is!

The system he has played all season, packing the middle which has worked so well in Europe he changes.

Fact is he needed to change the way we play in the league, but he didn't need to for Europe!

I just can't work this man out??

Instant gratification of fired. Crazy really.

Look, its been a poor season but last season was a very positive. People who are getting frustrated of the talk of Pellegrini potentially being sacked after winning the league last season are piping up here about Martinez out! And now, because its gotten rough, people want to get rid of the guy that got us back in Europe?! I'm at a loss for words, and I really hope that you didn't follow us during the 90s....

I know Martinez is frustrating. I've never bought into possession football, ever. My hatred of it goes back to 2008, and I was pointing out years ago how you disable it. However, it has its merits and calls for a complete change are foolish. There has to be a balance between slick passing, keeping the ball and tempo when we've got the ball, and then press, press, press when we've lost it. But, he has his merits too.

I can only forgive this season so long as he actually does what he says and learns from disappointment. There are moments where he shows that he can do it, and moments where he completely contradicts himself. He's a young manager, I'm hoping this season will give him a bucket of experience and we'll kick on next year.

Amen brother been saying this for a while. The Germans have sussed it out. Germany won the world cup, Spain was bounced early. Tiki taka is dead.

But as Dortmund got thoroughly spanked by Juventus this week presumably "high pressing" has now been sussed out as well.

So lets copy Juve. Hallelujah brother (until they get sussed out then we can copy somebody else).

But as Dortmund got thoroughly spanked by Juventus this week presumably "high pressing" has now been sussed out as well.

So lets copy Juve. Hallelujah brother (until they get sussed out then we can copy somebody else).

They lost their striker and attacking midfielder who were key components. They still made it that far. That's one team. Atletico is still doing well in spite of having 27 players come in and out total. Yeah and they're still in champs and in the hunt for la liga. Psg as well. Chelsea in the league hunt.

It's not just one team.

whats all this nonsense about possession football has been sussed, high pressing is the new thing etc etc etc. If this was the truth then surely these highly qualified coaches would all be playing the same style. They don't. They understand what is needed to make their system work in terms of personel, then ultimately It all comes down to the 11 men on the pitch winning their individual battles.

whats all this nonsense about possession football has been sussed, high pressing is the new thing etc etc etc. If this was the truth then surely these highly qualified coaches would all be playing the same style. They don't. They understand what is needed to make their system work in terms of personel, then ultimately It all comes down to the 11 men on the pitch winning their individual battles.

agreed, but high press won bayern the quad, i just don't see pep's style doing that. vault me if you must, he's got world beaters at every position so they should win everything.

If we sack RM now I believe we will lose so much of what our club is built on.

From the start RM said he was here to build. We're in a results game where most can't see past them.

The thing is, if you look into it deeper we know that our fortunes can change just as quickly as the fell. We haven't became a team if donkeys over a season, we have lost confidence.

We have a few players back now and we will see how important they are to us. Ossie has always been our link up player. We expected Ross to take that over but it hasn't worked out yet...That doesn't mean he's shit and it won't happen....it's just taking a longer transition.

Pienaar has been a massive loss this season also.

These players need replacing and mcgeady and Kone are the wrong replacements.

Does that mean that RM is useless in the transfer market? Of course not. He may get the right people in during the summer.

I feel we need to give him the summer and look at his signings and his preparation for the coming season. Give him ten games and if there isn't a marked improvement then we need to look at it again.

If we sack RM now I believe we will lose so much of what our club is built on.

I feel we need to give him the summer and look at his signings and his preparation for the coming season. Give him ten games and if there isn't a marked improvement then we need to look at it again.

What positive aspects is our club being built on currently? I'd like to know about this "great" direction we are headed in. I'm having difficulty with this task.