IGNORED

Roberto Martinez to be sacked?

I think that those who oppose his going should look at the bigger picture. If Roberto stays you have to understand that if we're relegated (and it's quite possible) we play in the Championship. The TV rights from the Prem are lost. We couldn't afford to pay the players the same as they are now and would probably lose 8 or 10 of the squad. On that basis we'd be in the second tier for a considerable time and perhaps end up like many of the 2 seasons up and one down teams like QPR, Palace and Hull.

So be very careful how you look at this question, it's the whole immediate future of the club at stake here, not just "give Bobby a go until the end of the season". There may not be a next season (in the Prem)or for some time afterwards. Would you bet your house on the premise that Bobby will pull us through? You're asking the board to do just that.

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE>>>>PLEASE!!

I'm voting YES!

Simeone - why not aim high? new TV money coming in, free control, working in the prem big wages.

Great shout that , but could only see it if he had a genuine desire to manage in England.

I keep thinking Bilic may be a good replacement as is doing well at Besiktas who are a decent outfit.

Drugs

Start reading questions properly before making one of your stupid comments:-

Was the question "who could we have as manager" or "who would you have".?

Given it was "who would you have "I have said Simeone.

If you would like me to elaborate on that it is because we may well tick the boxes that he looks for in managing his next team.

Does he want to be the next AVB and take a mssive jump to a mega funded club with huge expectations or does he want to continue his rise at a club in a wealthy league where he would get free reign.....

Great shout that , but could only see it if he had a genuine desire to manage in England.

I keep thinking Bilic may be a good replacement as is doing well at Besiktas who are a decent outfit.

Yes I'd love slaven, doing well isn't he. Plus with modric out of favor at real, maybe he could bring him back since he worked with him and basically made him who he is with Croatia.

Would love Simeone and klopp but those won't happen.

I want bobby, that's it.

I really want him to turn it around, but at present so many things are going against him chiefly the insanely high number of individual mistakes!.

But he does himself no favours by ignoring the fact we are in a dog fight.

Constantly praising the team when they don't deserve it is starting to affect his credibility.

The stark reality is if he doesn't turn it around and soon, we could be really sucked in!.

It's a big gamble to say give him to the end of the season. We stink of a side who are going down with a whimper we are rolling over all the time. We look shit against everyone we play. For all you cock heads joking about getting notes back really want to travel backwards. We need someone with a killer instinct I want tony pullis.

Would I, yes I think so. What's the difference b/w this season and last, a loss of one mercurial teenager. I think Roberto's been off the mark since the world cup and his reported shenanigans there. No proper training camp, a team with no sense of purpose or identity, persistent refusal to adopt effective tactics, over reliance on players incapable of reproducing former glories, trying to reformulate half the team to play in new positions. It just doesn't make sense and makes me think last season was more about the surprise factor and that he really doesn't have the ability to adapt the squad to changing conditions.

Will Bill, no.

It's easy to say "sack him" as a fan, because we're fed up and tired and embarrassed and scared of being relegated.

But as a fan, it's meaningless.

If I was the chairman (I really don't know Bill Kenwright at all, so let's just say a generic chairman), I would be working on a backup plan for his replacement.

I would also have to gamble on whether we'd be relegated or not with RM still in place.

I don't think we'll be relegated. I don't think we'll be top 10 at all, though. I think we'll wind up just where we are currently, in 14th.

So, my feeling is to keep him in place until the end of the season, and see where we go with Europa. If we show improvement, then he stays. If we stay where we are, treading water, I would sack him at the end of the season.

I really wonder how the players feel about RM. Are they putting the blame on themselves, or do they feel he's the cause.

I'd sack Tim Howard before RM. (I really think he's lost us probably a dozen points.)

It's a big gamble to say give him to the end of the season. We stink of a side who are going down with a whimper we are rolling over all the time. We look shit against everyone we play. For all you cock heads joking about getting notes back really want to travel backwards. We need someone with a killer instinct I want tony pullis.

another classic from Memma :rofl:

There's no way Bill would sack him. Only if we were actually relegated do I think he would even think about it. Roberto's Everton career so far has basically mirrored Moyes's - improvement in the first season but crashing back down in the second. We were nearly relegated in Moyes's second season in charge (finished 17th) and he got given another chance and that decision paid off (depending on how you look at it!). I think as Bill has seen Moyes turn it around, he wouldn't be thinking about sacking Martinez at all. He's too loyal (lazy?) for that.

We need to see what he does with this season and the summer.

We all want instant success and improvement every year, but reality is that we're going to experience bumps...sometimes huge ones.

We're not getting relegated...Not due to how we are playing and where we are....but just because there aren't three teams below us that look like they are going to catch and overtake us.