IGNORED

Dynamo Kyiv (Europa H)

Btay

Im completely the opposite. I want to take something from this shit pile of a season. As long as we finish 17th or higher I couldn't care about the league. Obviously most people are of the belief that we'll be flat out reaching 17th, but I'd like to respectfully disagree with that.

I get that, my post was out of misery and fear :lol:

I don't see us winning the competition in all honesty. We've not played that well, regardless of what the results have said, in Europe either. 1 decent team and we'll get battered.

Guest rusty747

I just hope the result of the first leg makes the second leg almost irrelevant - ie, bin win for either side. At least we can then concentrate on the league (which has to be the priority) and not be distracted by Europa.

Guys, I'm a bit surprised you underestimate Dynamo so much. Looks like you don't see this opponent much different from Young Boys and confident you will easily beat Dynamo. My view is that the teams are at least equal. Dynamo has really capable players of high caliber. They were not sucessful in Europe past years, but this is different team after Sergey Rebrov came as a coach. There is a significant improvement on all the game components -and the result in local league is an illustration for it(last year Dynamo was only 3-d). Everything will be decided by the good or bad day for the key players for both teams - like Lukaku and Yarmolenko. Yarmolenko is unstable but when it is a good day for him, he plays like Crisiano Ronaldu (very similar style). Looks like he is in the good form now.

One more point which in my view will be the decisive one. Dynamo has a great track record of beating English clubs - usually they really play great against them - looks like the style is very comfortable for Dynamo - especially of the teams like Everton. I expect a very tough game, don't be surprised if the game will be finished like 1-3/1-4 in favour of Dynamo. Honestly, could be a vice versa as well. Should be a nice game in any case - you'll see it

Guys, I'm a bit surprised you underestimate Dynamo so much. Looks like you don't see this opponent much different from Young Boys and confident you will easily beat Dynamo. My view is that the teams are at least equal. Dynamo has really capable players of high caliber. They were not sucessful in Europe past years, but this is different team after Sergey Rebrov came as a coach. There is a significant improvement on all the game components -and the result in local league is an illustration for it(last year Dynamo was only 3-d). Everything will be decided by the good or bad day for the key players for both teams - like Lukaku and Yarmolenko. Yarmolenko is unstable but when it is a good day for him, he plays like Crisiano Ronaldu (very similar style). Looks like he is in the good form now.

One more point which in my view will be the decisive one. Dynamo has a great track record of beating English clubs - usually they really play great against them - looks like the style is very comfortable for Dynamo - especially of the teams like Everton. I expect a very tough game, don't be surprised if the game will be finished like 1-3/1-4 in favour of Dynamo. Honestly, could be a vice versa as well. Should be a nice game in any case - you'll see it

I don't see anywhere that indicates we underestimate you. We are very down about our team at the moment and we are not playing well at all.

In the grand scheme of things this game is not very important as we need to improve in our own domestic league and get away from relegation. Europa is a luxury that we can't really enjoy at the moment.

Like Haf says, I don't see anyone really underestimating Dynamo. I've got a horrible feeling we're going to get spanked home and away, because as I've mentioned before, any decent opposition would've destroyed us the way we played against YB (no disrespect to them). I class Dynamo as decent opposition. We let them have far too much time on the ball, too many shots for my liking too and were lucky to get our goals.

Have a look here too:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26801-europa-league-round-of-32last-sixteen/page-3

Ok, guys - I could overreact - mainly when saw the orther thread on the draw reaction. Anyway - there are 2 decents teams, should be a nice and hopefully not boring game. For Everton this is a chance to save the season, for Dynamo - a chance to make people in Ukraine a bit happier considering all the disaster with the war and Putin. Let's enjoy it :) Good luck

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/03/11/stones-and-osman-to-be-monitored

John Stones and Leon Osman will face late checks to determine their availability for Everton's Europa League game against Dynamo Kyiv.

Goodison Park welcomes the Ukrainian side for Thursday's Round of 16 first leg, with the Blues already missing six first-team members.

And speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday afternoon, Blues boss Roberto Martinez said: "John Stones and Leon Osman will be monitored. Leon is carrying a knock and John is carrying a virus. We'll give them as much time as they need.

"We have Tony Hibbert, Bryan Oviedo, Leighton Baines, Aiden McGeadyand Steven Pienaar all missing from the squad.

"Everyone else is fully available, apart from Aaron Lennon, who is ineligible."

Ok, guys - I could overreact - mainly when saw the orther thread on the draw reaction. Anyway - there are 2 decents teams, should be a nice and hopefully not boring game. For Everton this is a chance to save the season, for Dynamo - a chance to make people in Ukraine a bit happier considering all the disaster with the war and Putin. Let's enjoy it :) Good luck

We don't do boring in Europe, we save that kind of crap for our league football.So far this eason in Europe teams have given us more time, too much respect.If your manager has even a shread of sence, he will have watched our league displays not what we've done against European opponents.

Any way, that's enough help, may we get what we deserve !

We definitely don't underestimate Dynamo. But when a cup draw is being made, you naturally 'rate' each team you could come up against. It's tough in the Europa now. But we could have drawn tougher teams.

Horrible what is happening in Ukraine just now. Full sympathies to all the innocent people there.

Assuming Stones and Osman won't make it, I'll guess it'll be a sort of 4-2-1-3.

........................... Howard ............................

Coleman .... Alcaraz .... Jagielka .... Garbutt

.........McCarthy .................. Barry ...............

.................... Gibson or Barkley ..................

.... Lukaku ....... Naismith ......... Mirallas ......

Subs: Kone, Gibson/Barkley, Atsu, Distin(?)

One of the links earlier mentioned there a big big team, full of players over 6 foot. hopefully because of this Robles gets a run, because Howard coming to claim any crosses against that only has one result.

Edited by Btay

Not sure about that. Robles has caught maybe two balls since he has been here, he has also had two would punches a match and Everytime he jumps for a ball I worry.

His last match was a massive improvement and hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

On the otherhand, Tims agility looks like his boots weigh 20kgs and he's wearing Mr T's jewellery under his top.

Edited by Hafnia

I was quite confident about this game but the closer it gets and the players that are going to be missing ie ossie stones baines distin that for me will be too much of a miss.

baines wtf is going on he was supposed to be fit weeks ago I think theres more to it, ive said in previous threads I think something has gone on between him and martinez distin is in the same boat.

IMO the club isn't in the position where he can go falling out with players.

When did Kiev become Kyiv?

I think it's always been Kyiv and now we live in a far better society where we're shit scared to offend anyone in case they turn out to be a gun-toting beheading radical Muslim we've moved away from changing spelling of words to suit our own Ingurlish needs.

It's either that or the spelling has been changed so as people don't become confused with that delicious chicken dish stuffed with slimy herby garlic butter and covered in crispy chicken nugget like crumb. After all, who could eat a dynamo?