IGNORED

QPR (away)

Cornish Steve

Time for a response from the team. Everyone is playing for a spot next season and if they don't turn up now they can go next season.

...as iI say iI really dont give a shit anymore. We will probably go there and win convincingly. This will not change anything. We will still bottle it as aclub whenever it really counts. It's just gonna mask over our sheer lack of bottle and talent.

Our upward possibilities in the table are limited, unlike, unfortunately our downward possibilities. But just to be optimistic for a moment, we could sit 2 places higher after our match tomorrow, and a mere 1 point below Newcastle for 11th.

WBA, already down at halftime by 2 goals and playing with 10 men since the second minute of the match [for a bizarre red card], are going to lose to City. Palace are away to Stoke and Newcastle are home to Gunners. Maybe all good results today for Everton in those, plus we won't be burdened by Barry tomorrow, so, Bob's your uncle, win and we're a point behind Newcastle tomorrow night, looking up, not down.

If by chance we are in no mood even to hallucinate about the positive, ok, then, Leicester, Burnley, and Sunderland are all away today.

i really dont give a shit now. id rather spend the time with the kids than watch those overpaid bunch of twats see a waste of a season out. play who they like, i dont give a shit.

And you have the bollocks to slate me for not going the Krasnodar game!!

Boss fan you was your words.

Your double standards absolutely astound me!

Just so you know, I'm going tomorrow. Not because I'm a"super fan" like you seem to think I want to portray, it's just because I support my team.

Unbelievable.

Only Palace's comeback win at Stoke is preventing a so-far perfect day for Everton. Newcastle lose at home, Villa surrender all 3 points at home on late goal to Swansea, all of WBA, Leicester, and Burnley lose away. If Sunderland lose away to the Hammers in the late game, close enough to perfect day.

Only Palace's comeback win at Stoke is preventing a so-far perfect day for Everton. Newcastle lose at home, Villa surrender all 3 points at home on late goal to Swansea, all of WBA, Leicester, and Burnley lose away. If Sunderland lose away to the Hammers in the late game, close enough to perfect day.

We can catch west ham mate ;)

Damn good thing Hammers grabbed a winner at the end :-)

The difference between 17th and 18th takes precedence, right now, over the difference between 11th and 10th or 9th.

I concede that if Everton totally turn things around and lose 9th place to West Ham by 2 points, I will have been wrong to celebrate Sunderland's unimportant loss today.

I don't think henen can play for the first team, swap him for Mirallas or Osman and I'd be with that.

You want to drop Jags? Don't get that. Henen's a daft shout.

And anyone hoping for Joel in goal is going to be disappointed, Tim's had some dreadful games this season but Thursday wasn't one of them, and if he's not dropped when he's been shit he's not going to be dropped when he's been decent.

Guest rusty747

Are there any toffee.talk members in Sydney who know where I might be able to see the game on tv? I know its on in the middle of the night on Fox Sports and was wondering if anyone knew of a sports bar that might be open and showing it.

Really not sure how this match will go. So many variables.

Are there any toffee.talk members in Sydney who know where I might be able to see the game on tv? I know its on in the middle of the night on Fox Sports and was wondering if anyone knew of a sports bar that might be open and showing it.

Really not sure how this match will go. So many variables.

There's an official EFC Oz supporters club site but it seems to have died a death, probably since TC left, and we've had many Aussie members over the years but few and far between just now mate.

If you'd just stay still for a while instead of globetrotting the whole time you wouldn't have this trouble; your own fault, you should've chosen a different career :P.

Win this we are 9 points ahead of Burnley with 8 games to go. If we are to be relegated this means Burnley will have to win 3 and draw 1 of their last 8 games and we lose all 8 of our remaining games. That isn't going to happen and I didn't think, last August, I would be posting about finishing above Burnley, after four fifths of the season.

We'll win tomorrow. I hope Villa replace Burnley in the bottom 3 at the end of the season.

You want to drop Jags? Don't get that. Henen's a daft shout.

And anyone hoping for Joel in goal is going to be disappointed, Tim's had some dreadful games this season but Thursday wasn't one of them, and if he's not dropped when he's been shit he's not going to be dropped when he's been decent.

We play without a captain when he's on the pitch. Conceded 5 when we needed a clean sheet. If he wasn't English I doubt he'd be a starter. Didn't realise Coleman was in the team above, he deserves dropping too. I know in the real World RM would never do it, but a manager with balls would. The club needs to make a statement that this seasons performances are not acceptable.

Guest rusty747

I think we need to do whatever it takes to get the points to stay up first. Then, if we have a few games to go, lets give Robles a run in goal with Griffiths on the bench again. Lets give Ledson, Galloway, Browning, Garbutt etc a run of 2-3 games. If we lose the games it would not be the end of the world and it would be great experience for the younger lads.

Robles

Browning. Stones Galloway Garbutt

Gibson

Lennon. Ledson. Oviedo

Barkley. Lukaku

What is the average age of that team?

Guest rusty747

There's an official EFC Oz supporters club site but it seems to have died a death, probably since TC left, and we've had many Aussie members over the years but few and far between just now mate.

If you'd just stay still for a while instead of globetrotting the whole time you wouldn't have this trouble; your own fault, you should've chosen a different career :P.

Guilty as charged Mike. I used to be based at Manchester many years ago so getting a day off to pop up to Goodison wasn't usually too difficult but now it's a right royal pain in the neck. On the positive side, I got married to a Malaysian lady 10 years ago and she and all her family and friends are now all Bluenoses.

While I get the sentiment behind peeps wanting these youngsters to start, and while I've never thought we were in danger of going down...If we start experimenting with line ups now, we could balls it right up!

With just 9 games to go, let's get some points on the board, reach 36-40 points ASAP and then give game time to the next generation...when it absolutely doesn't matter what the result us to us.

Looking forward to the game. Always do.

We need 3 points - that's all that matters.

This line-up SHOULD win today...

....................Howard.........................

Coleman....Stones..Jags....Baines

Lennon...McCarthy..Gibson...Osman

.........Lukaku....Kone (or Naismith).....

Bring Naismith/Barkley/Mirallas (if fit) on to impact if required.

i said a month ago I don't think we will get relegated not because we are to good

but because there are 3 teams a lot worse than us 2 have already gone and another is clinging on

so now is the time for RM to start making the changes to show us what we have at the club

if he wants the fans behind him he has to use the squad and lets see how we go

and to be honest could they do any worse.

and apart from a few quid does it matter if we finish 14,15,16

I don't mean change all 11 but take 3 or 4 of the flops out.

Edited by seve

While I get the sentiment behind peeps wanting these youngsters to start, and while I've never thought we were in danger of going down...If we start experimenting with line ups now, we could balls it right up!

With just 9 games to go, let's get some points on the board, reach 36-40 points ASAP and then give game time to the next generation...when it absolutely doesn't matter what the result us to us.

Looking forward to the game. Always do.

I agree. Hopefully we get some big points over the next 4-5 games then let the younger guys have a run.

Robles, Galloway/Browning, Ledson and Henen.

We need 3 points - that's all that matters.

This line-up SHOULD win today...

....................Howard.........................

Coleman....Stones..Jags....Baines

Lennon...McCarthy..Gibson...Osman

.........Lukaku....Kone (or Naismith).....

Bring Naismith/Barkley/Mirallas (if fit) on to impact if required.

This is the line-up.