IGNORED

Manchester United (Home)

markjazzbassist

We just beat United 3-0, with their manager admitting we were more hungry to win and were the better team, and still there are moaning minnies. Can't we just celebrate for a little while? :)

I celebrated at the ground, thanks. But, if I'm in need of knowing how to be an Everton fan I'll be sure to come to you for advice, Steve.

Edited by Romey 1878

I celebrated at the ground, thanks. But, if I'm in need of knowing how to be an Everton fan I'll be sure to come to you for advice, Steve.

Shall we just Have "who's a proper fan thread" and be done with it?

Does being a relatively new season ticket holder make your non season ticket / non match attending posts invalid Romey?

Before we know it toffeetalk will have its match goers looking like that kopite bloke covered in badges.

I've been to more Everton games pre "hafnia" than I have as hafnia. Still love the club, put the tape measures away...

Shall we just Have "who's a proper fan thread" and be done with it?

Does being a relatively new season ticket holder make your non season ticket / non match attending posts invalid Romey?

Before we know it toffeetalk will have its match goers looking like that kopite bloke covered in badges.

I've been to more Everton games pre "hafnia" than I have as hafnia. Still love the club, put the tape measures away...

Fuck off, Haf, it wasn't anything to do with who's a better fan at all. I was saying I'd done my celebrating, nothing more to it than that.

Edit - I've never lauded my going the game over any one, and have called out others for doing it. So get things right before you wade in.

Edited by Romey 1878

Just got back from watching the match at a friend's house (he's a Man U supporter) and he had some good things of note to say

• He was really impressed with McCarthy, he kept on mentioning that he is such a boss and does everything you want a CDM to do
  • Also loves Stones, told me to never sell him as he is the type of CB you build a backline around. "you struck gold with stones" he said, kinda has a nice ring to it
  • Also likes Lennon which he mentioned he was surprised with because he was not a fan of him at Spurs. Mentioned that he's playing with a passion he had not seen before. I mentioned Alan Ball's "Once Everton has touched you" quote and he had a good laugh about it but I know it was all in good fun

We can still get to 8th, we're in pretty darn good form. COYB!

Just thinking back through the season and the four points dropped in the first two matches still hurt. Then the disappointing results with Hull. I don't know if we were unlucky this year, but I truly believe this recent run of form is the true Everton. I just wish it wouldn't have taken this long to find it. Like I mentioned earlier, our goal differential is 8th. Spurs have given up more goals than anyone except the teams in the relegation zone.

No excuses I guess. You gotta beat the teams in front of you, but I think the evidence suggests this is simply an unlucky season for Everton.

Just thinking back through the season and the four points dropped in the first two matches still hurt. Then the disappointing results with Hull. I don't know if we were unlucky this year, but I truly believe this recent run of form is the true Everton. I just wish it wouldn't have taken this long to find it. Like I mentioned earlier, our goal differential is 8th. Spurs have given up more goals than anyone except the teams in the relegation zone.

No excuses I guess. You gotta beat the teams in front of you, but I think the evidence suggests this is simply an unlucky season for Everton.

Personally, I think the one that hurt the most was against Chelsea - conceding those two goals so quickly. The way we played the rest of that game (minus Besic's screw-up) was pretty good, and we matched them.

It matters how we played though. We let them have too much of the ball and, apart from Lennon, didn't really close them down. If they'd had their creative heads on they'd have stuffed us.

Our clinicalness and central defenders were brilliant, but I don't think it was a performance that warrants any thoughts of turning a corner or anything to get excited about. So the result will live long in my memory but the performance will not.

I more than often agree with you, but not today. Man U reminded me very much of us first half of this season. All the ball/possession and no end product or any danger of scoring. When we were doing that all we did was complain so I can't see any problem with today's performance. On another note I'm pleased Tim is back in form.

I more than often agree with you, but not today. Man U reminded me very much of us first half of this season. All the ball/possession and no end product or any danger of scoring. When we were doing that all we did was complain so I can't see any problem with today's performance. On another note I'm pleased Tim is back in form.

Agreed

Fuck off, Haf, it wasn't anything to do with who's a better fan at all. I was saying I'd done my celebrating, nothing more to it than that.

Edit - I've never lauded my going the game over any one, and have called out others for doing it. So get things right before you wade in.

It's always Haf & only Haf who picks up and moans about people going the game.... Jealous much.

I don't know why he moans because he ain't missed much this season

I apologise for yesterday. Maybe the shitness of this season has worn me down because the general consensus is that we were excellent against United.

I didn't mean my comment to Steve the way Haf took it, but I do apologise for my snappish manner to Steve.

Edited by Romey 1878

My grandson Charlie (aged 15) who lives in Nottingham, gave up supporting Notts County (not difficult) and started supporting Everton (because his Grandad supports Everton). My son took grandson to Swansea and also to the Man U game on Sunday. They also go to the games at the midlands clubs, not so far to travel. Makes me proud that the tradition is being passed down, particularly as I can't get to games.

I apologise for yesterday. Maybe the shitness of this season has worn me down because the general consensus is that we were excellent against United.

I didn't mean my comment to Steve the way Haf took it, but I do apologise for my snappish manner to Steve.

Hey, no problem here. It has been a disappointing season. On the other hand, it's certainly nice to see Everton give United the biggest hiding at our hands in 20 years - especially when everyone claimed they were the team in form.

We looked like the Everton of last season yesterday.

Very encouraging.

Please please please keep this up Roberto and prove me wrong. I don't care if the whole world laughs at me so please prove me to be wrong in my assumption of you.

No Everton fan would laughter mate as we all totally understand where your heart is.

I would love to put in the vault as Kone goes on a scoring streak for the rest of the season.....i would sit there with a massive grin!

Flying off to Fiji later today so i thought i would sit down and watched the 20 minutes highlights to relax and enjoy myself. Cant remember the last time i did this!

I've taken a sudden dislike towards you, can't imagine why :shaking fist:

:P

Fiji is my dream destination, very jealous. Enjoy dude!

I've taken a sudden dislike towards you, can't imagine why :shaking fist:

:P

Fiji is my dream destination, very jealous. Enjoy dude!

Cheers Matt! Its to surprise my sister at her wedding however. For me, i would rather fly from the UK to spain or something then back home and further :)

Cheers Matt! Its to surprise my sister at her wedding however. For me, i would rather fly from the UK to spain or something then back home and further :)

I'll quote you on that when you're posting from white sandy beaches, glorious sunshine and sexy ladies splashing in the clear waters....

.... I hate you! :crying: