IGNORED

Excitement for 2015/16 Season

I can actually see Mcs point. Sometimes people look at how much we have spent as a sign of intent and not the actual worth of the player.

There have been a myriad of posts that stats with....we have only spent blah blah blah.

I think MC is just pointing out that if we had spent 15m on him people would be looking at it a bit differently.

Yeah mc is spot on. The Lukaku signing showed some intent and gusto. This summer shows how skint we are and how the TV money is disappearing with the arteta money.

So you guys would've presumably been pissed if we'd got Lukaku for £10m last year and over the moon if we'd spent £50m on him?

Glad you're not the guys doing the negotiating.

"How much do you want for him?"

"£5m."

"will you take £15m? It'll make our fans happier."

I don't give a fuck how much we pay as long as we get the right players in. I'd PREFER us to get them as cheaply as possible because that makes the club stronger financially for buying more platers.

I'm delighted with the Geri fee as I wouldn't of batted an eyelid haf we spent 12 mil on him so that was a great bit of business but I would sooner us of paid 20 mil for a number 10 at the beginning of the window than 17 on deadline day.

So you guys would've presumably been pissed if we'd got Lukaku for £10m last year and over the moon if we'd spent £50m on him?

"£5m."

Mike you completely missed the point. What he said is people where happy with Lukaku because at 28m they realized the board actually spent a lot of money for Everton standards. His talent level is up there as well so no issue.

With Gerry MC doesn't think he's worth a 15m spend, he's simply stating that if we had locked him up for 15m a lot of the moaning would be quieter because it showed the board opened up the checkbook. Currently at 4m it shows they aren't opening the check book.

He's not saying anything about Gerrys worth, just simply the amount the board spends is directly correlated to amount of moaning.

a statement of intent was buying materazzi, dacourt, collins but we did not have the money...then we got into trouble

Personally I want to know:-

1. What goes into operating costs - i'm not having it, there is no way its increased that much, its not right, it just isnt.

2. What are the plans with the added tv money? and how are we going to improve comercially?

Once we have an understanding of this I will be able to get my head around the transfer policy. Too many people are like kids at christmas expecting ipads etc when their parents have been unemployed all year.

Too much lazy opinion is "look at stoke etc - wheres our TV money??" - you need to look further back than that, this is something thats been going on for years.

Mike you completely missed the point. What he said is people where happy with Lukaku because at 28m they realized the board actually spent a lot of money for Everton standards. His talent level is up there as well so no issue.

With Gerry MC doesn't think he's worth a 15m spend, he's simply stating that if we had locked him up for 15m a lot of the moaning would be quieter because it showed the board opened up the checkbook. Currently at 4m it shows they aren't opening the check book.

He's not saying anything about Gerrys worth, just simply the amount the board spends is directly correlated to amount of moaning.

I'm not missing the point I'm disagreeing with it.

He said the fact that we "only" spent £4m took the shine off the deal. I don't understand, we still got the player. If we'd have spent more on him you seriously think people wouldn't be complaining about the current state of the squad? Insane.

I don't care if we spent 20 million on him it's irrelevant. The squad is woefully thin and is the same squad virtually as going in to the 2013-14 season. Add Besic and Cleverley take away Distin and Alcaraz. If you want to count that lump of shite Mcgeady then fine but in 4 windows and 2 seasons our team is no stronger.

Who the fuck does Martinez and the board think they are kidding with this " we aim to come out each window stronger" line. Have they got stronger and unscathed mixed up?

It's a fucking joke and I'm still waiting for somebody to explain the advantage and reasoning behind waiting until deadline day to bring in players to strengthen a glaringly thread bare in position squad that the mansgers has said we need players for.

On what planet does doing business 5 games in to the season make any sense. The player/s still have to then bed in, get used to the system, their team mates, training methods, the upheaval of moving and a whole host of other things so why do it then and not get them in early and give them a preseason to settle in.

Edited by Paddock

I'm not missing the point I'm disagreeing with it.

He said the fact that we "only" spent £4m took the shine off the deal. I don't understand, we still got the player. If we'd have spent more on him you seriously think people wouldn't be complaining about the current state of the squad? Insane.

I think its a roundabout way of saying - "all other clubs are spending money except us - why are we in poundland?"

Unfortunately my conclusion is this:-

Prior to selling Fellaini - we bought in Kone for £6m. "IF" Martinez knew he was going to get £28m my guess is that he would have gone for someone like Bony at £18m - even though we got Lukaku on loan.

I honestly think our "non activity" is related to the fact that RM knows that the board have a price and once that is activated then he has the players lined up.

So there you have it - he may have £10m to spend now - IF we sell stones he may get a further £25m which will change his targets.

"£5m."

Not at all MikeO.

I am not saying I agree, just that I can see the point he's trying to make.

I think Jerry was great business for his price.

If we'd spent a bigger fee on Deulofeu there would be more reasoning with the lack of other transfers. The fact we've spent £4m to date shows we're either skint and the board aren't backing or we're just waiting for the right deal. Hopefully the latter but it's very very quiet.

My post had nothing to do with wanting to spend more on a player..... That would be insane.

How do you spot an absolute bellend and idiot?

He thinks that Evertonians are so stupid they would be happy if the club paid way over the top for a player.

An even bigger bellend keeps peddling this same line over and over again.

I just spotted one. Pipe down or StevO will be along to spank your botty.

I'm actually on both sides here. Signing for more money for the sake of putting a shine on a deal is retarded, but no doubt it makes a difference to people's interpretation. Why? Because of that fucking idiotic claim the media started that spending money = ambition. It doesn't. Saying "I want to be the best" or "I want to win XYZ" is ambition. Unless your ambition is to spend more money than anyone else, there is simply no link.

I'm actually on both sides here. Signing for more money for the sake of putting a shine on a deal is retarded, but no doubt it makes a difference to people's interpretation. Why? Because of that fucking idiotic claim the media started that spending money = ambition. It doesn't. Saying "I want to be the best" or "I want to win XYZ" is ambition. Unless your ambition is to spend more money than anyone else, there is simply no link.

I'm the same, see it from both sides. Didn't want to jump into that pit but you did it for me :lol:

Well its the morning of the first game and Im still not getting that usual buzz

Im taking one of the girls and she has had her full Everton kit on since 0800 this morning so Im exited for her but worried she will be bored stiff, just like I was most of last season

I'm half and half

Yep, absolutely nothing has changed since last season. It would appear that Roberto's master plan is to hope that over the last nine weeks everybody has forgotten how we play

Or thought no way will they carry on playing that shite brand of football, just no way will they.

That substitution was the source of both our goals so I don't see how you can criticise it :huh:.

I don't disagree that we needed something more going forward and Kone provided that, but we were behind and chasing the game throwing everything forward. Having the extra attack minded player on the pitch contributed to us scoring, moving Barry to left back was pointless.

I don't believe moving Barry to left back contributed to us scoring.

McCarthy was full of energy but gave the ball away to often and to easily.

Barry was solid, unless Galloway was injured why not just swap McCarthy for Kone?

Edited by Deacs

I don't disagree that we needed something more going forward and Kone provided that, but we were behind and chasing the game throwing everything forward. Having the extra attack minded player on the pitch contributed to us scoring, moving Barry to left back was pointless.

I don't believe moving Barry to left back contributed to us scoring.

McCarthy was full of energy but gave the ball away to often and to easily.

Barry was solid, unless Galloway was injured why not just swap McCarthy for Kone?

Because Galloway is a young lad playing out of position. You need your more senior pros on when you're chasing a game.

Arsenal currently sit 20th in the table, while we're tied for 6th. What's to complain about?

we wont be saying that in five games time. i think yesterday shows what to expect this season. Against watford at home we needed to come out all guns blazing, granted we may have left gaps but watford knew what to do, just sit back. Barry and Mccarthy should not be happening against Watford end of