IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

I'm surprised that the club announced the fee.

I imagine it's that high because someone wanted to save face at the club after he had been in Liverpool for over a week when the price was re-negotiated.

Or used to benefit the Work Permit hearing?

Or he had third party ownership and the £5.5m was for River, the rest for a third party?

Or we want to 'show' we ARE spending money.

No pressure on the lad like, but he's our most expensive defender ever.

Lets hope it works out.

I smell an over inflated price tag rat....

Call me distrustful it's just the fact that it seems way out there.

im sure people would moan if he was £1m, then if he was £4m it's "where's the rest of the money" now its like "well... We'll be lucky to get more than one other player"

I smell an over inflated price tag rat....

Call me distrustful it's just the fact that it seems way out there.

im sure people would moan if he was £1m, then if he was £4m it's "where's the rest of the money" now its like "well... We'll be lucky to get more than one other player"

First thing I thought.

Is this a ploy to say we've spent more than we have? I just don't see how it's jumped from the reported £6m to £9.5m very odd

That's exactly how I see it, throw the "add ons" in the initial fee to make the fans think we've spent more than we have. 4 mil to 9.5 million?? No fucking chance.

That's exactly how I see it, throw the "add ons" in the initial fee to make the fans think we've spent more than we have. 4 mil to 9.5 million?? No fucking chance.

I honestly will fume if we only get Lennon after this. Complete joke & I've been pretty calm throughout the window.

I honestly will fume if we only get Lennon after this. Complete joke & I've been pretty calm throughout the window.

Thing is some of the people who fume will be the same ones who politely accept those idiots in charge of our club.

Personally I don't understand this deadline day nonsense, if people did all their Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve they would be considered disorganized.

Thing is some of the people who fume will be the same ones who politely accept those idiots in charge of our club.

Personally I don't understand this deadline day nonsense, if people did all their Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve they would be considered disorganized.

or bargain hunters?

I don't understand this attitude. During this window we've already signed an England international, a Spanish international and now an Argentine international (plus a Uruguayan).

That's Roberto spin Louis, whilst I agree they are International squad players, hardly Rooney, Messi and Costa

we reports 6.25 fee agreed last week, didn't he have a release fee?

Reports by the media. For all we know the price was always 9.5m but the press got it wrong.

And for fucks sake lads. "We've not spent any money this window" --> "We've spent 9.5m on a back up, WTF" --> "Price inflation conspiracy"

Jesus, it's like listening to kids bicker and constantly contradict themselves!

Welcome, Ramiro, can't wait for you to prove people wrong.

Reports by the media. For all we know the price was always 9.5m but the press got it wrong.

And for fucks sake lads. "We've not spent any money this window" --> "We've spent 9.5m on a back up, WTF" --> "Price inflation conspiracy"

Jesus, it's like listening to kids bicker and constantly contradict themselves!

Welcome, Ramiro, can't wait for you to prove people wrong.

thought the club confirmed that fee and that was his release fee no Matt?

thought the club confirmed that fee and that was his release fee no Matt?

I only ever saw stuff in the papers. Even if they did, and there was an additional cost for some reason (my guess would be 3rd Party) then we had to pay to get the player in. If we hadn't, we wouldn't have the player and people would be whining about that, and how incompetent the board is for not finalizing the deal etc.

Seriously, people think that our board paid nearly double the asking price / most of an Aaron Lennon to save face?! It beggars belief!

I think some people on here were watching intently whilst we were getting linked with yarmolenko (whilst we were still signing this lad and the other south American).

Now the 4.5m has doubled and talk of an attacking mid has dropped....

You can't blame people Matt, I expect it.

I think some people on here were watching intently whilst we were getting linked with yarmolenko (whilst we were still signing this lad and the other south American).

Now the 4.5m has doubled and talk of an attacking mid has dropped....

You can't blame people Matt, I expect it.

I have faith, apparently misplaced, that people won't take the papers etc. as gospel, and not complain when we actually get a player in after demanding getting players in.

I have faith, apparently misplaced, that people won't take the papers etc. as gospel, and not complain when we actually get a player in after demanding getting players in.

The thing has been said before. People wants quality players not just bodies (aka mcgeady). Mori might be quality, we'll wait and see. Leandro is a puzzler but we will back and see. Other than that our other signing is injured. So we have 2 maybes and a Gerry. Need more mate unless battling for 10th is our new goal and we are the new stoke city.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The thing has been said before. People wants quality players not just bodies (aka mcgeady). Mori might be quality, we'll wait and see. Leandro is a puzzler but we will back and see. Other than that our other signing is injured. So we have 2 maybes and a Gerry. Need more mate unless battling for 10th is our new goal and we are the new stoke city.

Wait and see, fine. But getting angry at "only" bringing in Mori and potentially Lennon is just bizarre

The papers are normally right within a couple of million max, but double the fee?

Papers usually right? Not sure about that. 5.5 to 9.5, an extra 4m which is strange, but what do you believe; Everton, usually so froogle in their negotiations when buying, decide to chuck an extra 4m to look better or that the initial figure was completely wrong?

I knew I should've stayed away from the forum today. I was trying to save my anger for after the TDD, got so close too...

Wait and see, fine. But getting angry at "only" bringing in Mori and potentially Lennon is just bizarre

Papers usually right? Not sure about that. 5.5 to 9.5, an extra 4m which is strange, but what do you believe; Everton, usually so froogle in their negotiations when buying, decide to chuck an extra 4m to look better or that the initial figure was completely wrong?

I knew I should've stayed away from the forum today. I was trying to save my anger for after the TDD, got so close too...

No argument there matt. People will be angry without a 10. We all know the numbers RM throws around are meant to get better negotiations but he's spoken about the continental 10 for a while now, and if he doesn't get it we could be headed for more mid table fun.

I was hoping to wake up to some very exciting news about a no10, instead I wake to find out that we have indeed signed someone but for much more money than initially thought.

It feels almost like a 'Stones' tax has been applied but that someone actually forgot that he was staying and signed off on the deal.

No argument there matt. People will be angry without a 10. We all know the numbers RM throws around are meant to get better negotiations but he's spoken about the continental 10 for a while now, and if he doesn't get it we could be headed for more mid table fun.

I'll be fucking fuming if we don't get our AMC, livid. But accusing the board of spending more to look like they've spent more has pushed me over the edge early...

I'll also be made up if we get Lennon and I'm made up we've got Mori. We'll have brought in 4 first team players this window, which is the important thing, not the total spend.

I'll be fucking fuming if we don't get our AMC, livid. But accusing the board of spending more to look like they've spent more has pushed me over the edge early...

I'll also be made up if we get Lennon and I'm made up we've got Mori. We'll have brought in 4 first team players this window, which is the important thing, not the total spend.

I don't think they're accusing them of spending more to look like they've spent. I think the announcement has been dressed up, to look like they've spent more money in the first instance. I think that sum could be paid but not at present.

So his price may well be the reported £5.5m, which has been spent but have they included wages on top? bonuses? To look like more?

I don't know. There is something odd about it all. Like, why did it take so long? be interesting to see whether this gets addressed? That River changed the price last minute etc. (I know they don't have to divulge, but they may with the questions some have been asking)