IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

There are boxes to tick;

Agree fee

Agree terms

Gain permit.

So we gain the permit on appeal, then don't agree the rest and cancel the permit, how do we look the next time we have a permit up for appeal?

I agree all boxes need to be ticked, but I don't see the issue doing this part last at all. He probably had to get involved in the paperwork too.

There's a link there to the FA criteria for granting Governing Body Exemption (GBE), basically their nod to the Home Office to give someone a permit. As this lad hasnt played nearly enough international games, the Appendix is the relevant part. Assuming Argentina constitutes one of the 'big 2' American leagues supplying most players to the Top 20 ranked international teams, and IF the lad played at least a third of the domestic games while River Plate won the Copa Libertadores, he could get an exemption... but it might also rest on percentiles of transfer fees and wages, which I don't understand.

There's a link there to the FA criteria for granting Governing Body Exemption (GBE), basically their nod to the Home Office to give someone a permit. As this lad hasnt played nearly enough international games, the Appendix is the relevant part. Assuming Argentina constitutes one of the 'big 2' American leagues supplying most players to the Top 20 ranked international teams, and IF the lad played at least a third of the domestic games while River Plate won the Copa Libertadores, he could get an exemption... but it might also rest on percentiles of transfer fees and wages, which I don't understand.

In other words, it's complicated as fuck. Standard for us ;).

There are boxes to tick;

Agree fee

Agree terms

Gain permit.

So we gain the permit on appeal, then don't agree the rest and cancel the permit, how do we look the next time we have a permit up for appeal?

I agree all boxes need to be ticked, but I don't see the issue doing this part last at all. He probably had to get involved in the paperwork too.

I would say sll those before we flew him over. Everything can be done via email and fax these days, Skype , phone etc etc. get everything in place tell him we are now in the process of applying them if granted fly him over to sign. It's just presumptious of us to fly him over and ameteurish of us to have him in the ground wearing a scarf etc getting fans hopes up that he's signed.

It's these types of things we do that piss off the supporters. In my opinion it's sloppy and ameteurish

He still hasn't had a medical according to reports. We get the permit he has a medical (I think)

You know what, with all these reports going on (not just for us...Neymar for example!)...I'm at the point of just sodding these reporters off.

I'll just wait and see where we are when the window closes.

(Must admit though...I do enjoy all the bullshit...especially transfer deadline day...almost as good as Hollyoaks).

Of course he's had a medical. The permit will be the last part. He's been in Liverpool for days so he will have had the medical and everything agreed.

If people think this is amateurish, just wait until you see him try to defend!

:fishing:

Edited by Matt

I think he can be confident.

A straightforward Work permit application would be rejected because he didn't play in enough games for Argentina but an appeal would most likely go through because Funes has won the Copa Sudamericana, ReCopa Sudamericana, Argentine league and Copa Libertadores in the past two years.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/scouts-notebook/78/post/2580274/funes-mori-needs-time-to-shine-for-everton-in-premier-league

Tells a little more of his story. I wonder why he never sought American citizenship.

From the article: "Tackling: Strong into the tackle but has a tendency to mistime at least one or two per match. Needlessly aggressive at times. For example, he was sent off for a two-footed scissor challenge in the league draw with Boca Juniors last year, and he was fortunate not to be receive another red card for a kick to the stomach of Pablo Perez against the same opponents in the first leg of their Copa Libertadores round-of-16 encounter in May."

So, basically, he will be epic come derby time!

or suspended ?

I would hope not. Though, I'd love to see some more physicality and aggression from our CBs, especially in the derby. I don't mean dirty play. I want to see us physically impose ourselves upon the opposition's forwards so they don't feel as if they can play the game they want to play.

Tells a little more of his story. I wonder why he never sought American citizenship.

I've lived in the US now for almost 30 years and remain only a British citizen. In my case, as a matter of principle, I point-blank refuse to pledge allegiance to any flag. There are many reasons why individuals refuse to switch or add citizenship, so I guess we won't know in his case.

I've lived in the US now for almost 30 years and remain only a British citizen. In my case, as a matter of principle, I point-blank refuse to pledge allegiance to any flag. There are many reasons why individuals refuse to switch or add citizenship, so I guess we won't know in his case.

I understand that entirely. The circumstances of emigration/immigration have more to do with these decisions than anything. He came with his parents as a 10-year-old kid and graduated high school in the U.S. If his parents were economic migrants and never really needed citizenship, then that would partially explain it. If he never planned on attending college here, that would explain it further.

Sorry if this is a weird tangent. Researching immigration and citizenship is pretty much my life, so I can't help finding this of interest.

I understand that entirely. The circumstances of emigration/immigration have more to do with these decisions than anything. He came with his parents as a 10-year-old kid and graduated high school in the U.S. If his parents were economic migrants and never really needed citizenship, then that would partially explain it. If he never planned on attending college here, that would explain it further.

Sorry if this is a weird tangent. Researching immigration and citizenship is pretty much my life, so I can't help finding this of interest.

Not short of subject matter at the moment then! Worldwide!

Interesting subject though a bit over emotive for many to discuss rationally just now I think.

i don't blame you steve, i'm a us citizen (although MC says i'm honorary scouse since i use lad, mate, and skint like) :) and even i don't want to salute and pledge that damn pledge. it is so not needed.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I did it the other way, I was born in America but was brought up in Liverpool and when I got a British passport at the age of 17 the USA revoked my American one