IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

If that's true, it's on River Plate. Annoyed that we've got to cough up for their lack of communication though :dry:

Actually, it's probably not. Apparently (from the same guy), we were a week into negotiations and applying for a permit, before we realised the clause. So to save face and get the deal done, we agreed to pay it. Not on RP at all.

Actually, it's probably not. Apparently (from the same guy), we were a week into negotiations and applying for a permit, before we realised the clause. So to save face and get the deal done, we agreed to pay it. Not on RP at all.

How does that make it our fault? RP aren't going to hand us over his contract to browse through, so we'd only have found out about the (alleged) clause when they chose to disclose it.

Someone can't do maths then?

Reported fee of £5.5m is £1.37m tax = £6.87m total

or if it's a reported fee of £6m is £1.5m tax = £7.5m total

So where's the rest to make £9.5m?

My point is that people are speculating and we just don't know. Simple as.

What we do know is we got our backup CB of a good enough quality, based on his CV, to push Jags and Stones through the best years. It's something to celebrate, yet people are complaining. I'm just at a loss, and this is why I hate the transfer window.

How does that make it our fault? RP aren't going to hand us over his contract to browse through, so we'd only have found out about the (alleged) clause when they chose to disclose it.

Would've thought the agent should've been mentioning that from the beginning....

So you're saying that a club would be willing to buy a player and agree terms BEFORE seeing or at least understanding his contract? Don't be naive Mike.

The buying club should know every detail before making an offer. I don't see how this isn't on Everton?

Haf could probably do a fantastic analogy about buying a car on contract and signing it off before you read the conditions.

So you're saying that a club would be willing to buy a player and agree terms BEFORE seeing or at least understanding his contract? Don't be naive Mike.

The buying club should know every detail before making an offer. I don't see how this isn't on Everton?

Haf could probably do a fantastic analogy about buying a car on contract and signing it off before you read the conditions.

Of the contract between the player and the club? Any employee contracts are usually confidential within a business, it should be RP / agent to highlight the specifics, not for us to go snooping through a confidential document of another employer.

My point is that people are speculating and we just don't know. Simple as.

What we do know is we got our backup CB of a good enough quality, based on his CV, to push Jags and Stones through the best years. It's something to celebrate, yet people are complaining. I'm just at a loss, and this is why I hate the transfer window.

In fairness, I don't think it's the signing of Mori that's urked people, I think it's the mixed reports of fee's etc.

The player will be welcomed whatever. But one day it's £5.5m for a backup Centre Back, now it's £9.5m and our most expensive defencive signing ever.

You can only read the conditions if you have access to them. If I change jobs my new employer has no right to look at my contract of employment with my former one.

Of the contract between the player and the club? Any employee contracts are usually confidential within a business, it should be RP / agent to highlight the specifics, not for us to go snooping through a confidential document of another employer.

We're not talking about 'standard employees' though are we? Multi million pound sporting industry where players are just commodities. A club willing to spend several million, you'd have thought, would have done their research.

In fairness, I don't think it's the signing of Mori that's urked people, I think it's the mixed reports of fee's etc.

The player will be welcomed whatever. But one day it's £5.5m for a backup Centre Back, now it's £9.5m and our most expensive defencive signing ever.

Which has been my bug bear all along. It's the fucking media! They make shit up based on guesses and people take it as fact then get pissed when the "facts" change and the club gets blamed?!

:major overreaction alert:

I' sure you will personally make them rue the day ;)

Lol I can see BK "Elstone what was the blowback likel

RE " not had BK the fans are fine, one American on a forum getting rowdy but when have we cared about them! Hahah not like we have an American World Cup hero on our team, haha stupid yanks"

BK " we do, Tim Howard the keeper"

RE "right right I knew that"

He sounds great on paper so far, I'm hoping he will be accustomed to the league by Christmas and eventually take Jags spot.

Agree with "eventually." No way of knowing whether his future performance will justify the unexpectedly high fee. But he's young, coming into his best years, so I'll assume RM thinks he's found CB cover for now, and a competitor with Galloway to replace Jagielka 2-3 years on.

As an Evertonian loyalist, Jagielka will be expected to help the young guys -- not just Stones, but Funes Mori, Galloway, Browning -- who might wind up being our CBs of the future. He'll be a willing teacher, they enthusiastic learners. Preferably they'll focus on his strengths, as they will want to learn not to mimic his occasional daft decisions.

Funes Mori -- the name adds a little pizzazz to the team sheet. Not worth the extra £3m. Still.

Surely any sell-on fee in his contract is an agreement between him and his former club? It's nothing to do with us. River Plate should state the fee they want for the player with that clause in mind. Doesn't make sense. Unless River Plate forgot about the clause until the last minute and basically said "the price has gone up, or else he's staying with us".

Surely any sell-on fee in his contract is an agreement between him and his former club? It's nothing to do with us. River Plate should state the fee they want for the player with that clause in mind. Doesn't make sense. Unless River Plate forgot about the clause until the last minute and basically said "the price has gone up, or else he's staying with us".

thats what it sounds like to me. I think we stopped looking at anyone else because it was supposedly done and dusted. That's the only criticism I can aim at those in charge; too naive.