IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

didn't see the game away at the time but had a couple of bad reports on him so I'll wait and see in the derby.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'll go back on saying he looks more than capable back-up. He looks like he could challenge Jags or Stones to start on a regular basis. He was excellent today - not a bad shout for MOTM although I went for Lukaku.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'll go back on saying he looks more than capable back-up. He looks like he could challenge Jags or Stones to start on a regular basis. He was excellent today - not a bad shout for MOTM although I went for Lukaku.

He probably missed two headers all afternoon. Can't wait to see him get on the end of a corner of ours and power it in.

If you look at mangala and deme challis as examples they took a season at least to get acquainted to the prem. I agree with cotto about the reading game he was at fault for that goal but apart from that I'm delighted with him. Good in the air, can read the game and is good one the deck for a big man. In my eyes we have a top player

3rd game in the team and he nailed the Derby. Thought he did exceptionally well.

great point.

There is a massive tendancy across our fans to have a premature negative opinion of a player - when I say premature "when we are linked with them and sign them" - or literally they have had no more than 5 games.

I was guilty of it with Fellaini.

I was guilty of it about McCarthy, he has definately proved me wrong.

Think when jags legs start going Mori will be a ready made replacement. I think he looks as tho he could be a good signing.

agreed bill im starting to think this was the plan. Jags would have this campaign and the Euros this summer, having a fresh and ready to go Mori will be a must for next campaign. Plus if we continue playing well we could be in Europa again next year.

He had a brilliant Derby, but I was shitting it very often with some of the stuff he pulled. Once towards the end, he brought the ball out, beat two players and rhinoed up the pitch then laid it of and charged forward for the 1-2. Another time he tried to cruyff turn his way out of trouble when he was the last defender and had a red shirt bearingdown on him. I've seen plenty to show that he could be a great signing for us, but my heart is still in my mouth every time he is on the ball. I think that he'll make more errors, but he'll also create us a load of chances.

• 3 weeks later...

With every game he plays Tim Vickery and the knee jerk crew are looking decididly daft.

I must admit I liked what I saw immediately - for a start he's a modern day build for a centre half, tall, rangey and surprisingly spritely. He is comfortable on the ball and anyone would be daft not to do a few bob each week on him for anytime goalscorer

With every game he plays Tim Vickery and the knee jerk crew are looking decididly daft.

I must admit I liked what I saw immediately - for a start he's a modern day build for a centre half, tall, rangey and surprisingly spritely. He is comfortable on the ball and anyone would be daft not to do a few bob each week on him for anytime goalscorer

Had that bet on last night, 19/1 score and win. At then odds think we could make a few bob hopefully.

Had that bet on last night, 19/1 score and win. At then odds think we could make a few bob hopefully.

Its likes when we had Craig Short - the bookies never got on to his threat from corners and a good few blues ended up quids in when he netted. Only scored 4 in 99 games but yeah he was threatening for a while.

i think with the state of jags, and our midtable form, in the new year if we aren't fighting for a euro spot it might be time to try 3 at the back, stones jags mori. could be really nice freeing up baines and coleman to attack more. plus i am confident in all 3 CB. galloway backup to them, and then browning after that. thoughts?

Howard

Stones Jags Mori

Coleman Barry Baines

Gerry Barkley

Kone

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist