IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

It has been a feature in most of his games, but I think it's just a case of him panicking because he isn't quite up to speed with the pace of the game here yet.

Much like Stones , he is a young lad still learning his trade and I have every confidence he will sort that given time

Yeah, I noticed it more against Spurs though. Happened a lot.

A good step in for Jags, who us at the other end of his career.

Yeah, I noticed it more against Spurs though. Happened a lot.

A good step in for Jags, who us at the other end of his career.

Totally agree , which is why at this present moment in time IMHO Jags and Stones are our strongest pair

The lad has the quality and the desire to become a great and the one thing he does have in his locker that the aforementioned duo don't is his eye for a goal

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree , which is why at this present moment in time IMHO Jags and Stones are our strongest pair

The lad has the quality and the desire to become a great and the one thing he does have in his locker that the aforementioned duo don't is his eye for a goal

On current form I would play Mori ahead of Stones. I think Stones needs a couple of weeks out of the limelight.

And he needs to learn that making the same mistakes has consequences.

This is what has disappointed more than anything about Stones - it may just be me but I find his attitude pretty disgusting.

That may be a strong word but for me he has made himself a target in more ways than one.

First off, strikers do not like cocky defenders the same way that defenders do not like cocky strikers. The thing is when a defender gets the better of a cocky striker they are 80 yards away from the opponents goal - when a striker gets the better of a defender it often results in a goal.

Stones numerous cryuff turns against Spurs was a watershed moment - picked up by the pundits, vocally a cause of concern for the fans and dealt with badly by stones. I said at the time that knives would sharpen for Stones and they have. Opponents sprint at him when he has the ball, they don't play for the "pass block", they know his arrogance/confidence will get the better of him. Now it has happened we will see what he is made of. Martinez will not drop him - that would be like admitting defeat to the critics, although for me he should be dropped as Jags and Mori will be the best pertnership.

Like his manager, Stones needs to find the right balance between arrogance and humility and stop trying to be too clever and stubborn for his own good.

On current form I would play Mori ahead of Stones. I think Stones needs a couple of weeks out of the limelight.

I think he does need to be benched ,his last performance against Swansea was without doubt his worst in an Everton shirt

The pressure on him must be huge, there are too many throbbers just waiting to jump on his back because he put in a transfer request so as soon as he has a dip in form there are wild accusations of him having a bad attitude, being too cocky, showboating to make himself look good at the expense of the team. Its all nonsense because he has always played the same way and the manager is telling him to do just that.

Either way he needs to be taken out of the firing line before the boo boys have a field day with him

I think he does need to be benched ,his last performance against Swansea was without doubt his worst in an Everton shirt

The pressure on him must be huge, there are too many throbbers just waiting to jump on his back because he put in a transfer request so as soon as he has a dip in form there are wild accusations of him having a bad attitude, being too cocky, showboating to make himself look good at the expense of the team. Its all nonsense because he has always played the same way and the manager is telling him to do just that.

Either way he needs to be taken out of the firing line before the boo boys have a field day with him

I was fine with the transfer request as it happens. Totally understood it - earn a guaranteed £25m with one signature rather than run the risk of having a career ending injury and being left with half a million or whatever. He wasn't a boyhood blue, it was business and his family and agent will have been telling him to do it - it made sense.

What I haven't been fine with is the clear change in attitude from him. The criticising of other players has stood out when he makes mistakes - I mean how many ways does he want it? You can't profess to being inexperienced and "I will make mistakes" then start pointing fingers and reacting to the crowd like you are some super experienced world class player.

To me the lad wants to go, has always wanted to go and will go. To many fans he represents a status symbol more than anything else - they are proud to have a talented young defender at Everton that everone wants - its the closest thing we may have other than winning a trophy that represents kudos, and that is sad.

Its this mindset that has made far too many fans defend him when in reality he shouldn't be defended. To me, he has become a very uneccesary focus point for the wrong reasons. The media make out he is too good for us and I feel that he believes this.

He needs to focus on defending, which I don't think he's particularly brilliant at, not consistently anyway. Caught ball watching far too often, he smacks more of David Luiz rather than David Watson and that is the problem.

Captain material this lad. I said straight from the off he looked talented. He "gets" us. Beat defender at the club, i was laughed at for saying he is as technical as stones. To me he is the perfect centre half.

Agreed, love the lad. He'll only get better too! Hope he forms solid partnership with Jags.

Sorry Mike, wrong thread I know.

Totally agree and the thing is the lad had the the right to ask for a transfer and play for another club.

He did things the right way and didn't make a fuss when he didn't get his move, and as should be expected witn a young player is now suffering from a dip in form.

The only thing is and this my opinion only, once a decision has been made to move on (in any aspect of life) it is very difficult to stay 100% committed if that move is denied.

Sorry Mike, wrong thread I know.

Totally agree and the thing is the lad had the the right to ask for a transfer and play for another club.

He did things the right way and didn't make a fuss when he didn't get his move, and as should be expected witn a young player is now suffering from a dip in form.

The only thing is and this my opinion only, once a decision has been made to move on (in any aspect of life) it is very difficult to stay 100% committed if that move is denied.

A dip in form is being very polite - a dip in form is like missing the odd chance, miscontrolling a ball, and basically not being very sharp.

To be perfectly blunt what Stones is going through is a complete lapse in concentration and ridiculously stupid decisions.

Ironically he is almost the same age as what Joseph Yobo was when we signed him.... I don't think fans were so tolerant of him.

Back to Funes Mori - has a bit of a mature "Marco Matterazzi" about him... gritty, good in the air, a goal threat and does a good job defending.

Back on topic, Mori is looking like a bargain.

Great work by whoever scouted him, be that Martinez or one of his staff.

yes. i'm not sure how that all works in our organization if the scouts find the players and mention them to roberto or if roberto tells them what he wants and they find a player like it or if roberto helps to scout.

either way we have a great setup for eyeing talent even back to the moyes days. Moyes - Baines, Jags, Stones, Coleman, Mirallas. RM - McCarthy, Barry, Gerry, Romelu, Besic, Mori.

that's basically our starting 11.

It was against Carlisle and even then, wasn't down to him. Gave the ball away far too many times. No doubt he will bounce back though

I think he's been pretty brilliant if i'm honest. Love his attitude, doesn't hide, looks lively at corners, seems to get us as fans and as a club.

He will be better for that game yesterday, a boggy pitch that was cutting up, playing against different types of players.

The rumour doing the rounds is that Barca scouts in watching Stones became alerted to Funes Mori and the story is that they are very interested in trying to get him - that is not a joke by the way. I certainly hope it doesn't end up being the case.

I think he's been pretty brilliant if i'm honest. Love his attitude, doesn't hide, looks lively at corners, seems to get us as fans and as a club.

He will be better for that game yesterday, a boggy pitch that was cutting up, playing against different types of players.

The rumour doing the rounds is that Barca scouts in watching Stones became alerted to Funes Mori and the story is that they are very interested in trying to get him - that is not a joke by the way. I certainly hope it doesn't end up being the case.

In general, I agree but not yesterday.

It was a good lesson for him, hope he learns :)

He was poor for the first 10 minutes. After that he didn't have to do anything. I put it down to a poor pitch myself. He's been brilliant.

I thought he was poor the whole game, but as you say the pitch was certainly an issue and as Haf says it was a different type of game.