IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

He's here and im hoping that he'll be amazing, but my gut feeling is that this will be a disaster. 9.5 million for a back up CB seems a lot. Id much rather that we resigned Lescott. My prediction: Red card on debut, homesick, settling in and language issues. I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Come on Mori - really hoping that youll be a star.

He's here and im hoping that he'll be amazing, but my gut feeling is that this will be a disaster. 9.5 million for a back up CB seems a lot. Id much rather that we resigned Lescott. My prediction: Red card on debut, homesick, settling in and language issues. I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Come on Mori - really hoping that youll be a star.

He speaks perfect English apparently, so that won't be a problem.

Amazing English! Unusual for a South American I think, and a decent dose of humility in there. I like him (though I've never seen him kick a ball).

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2015/09/01/mori-exclusive

very good english better than oviedo. great attitude seems to be chomping at the bit to get this chance, i'm backing the lad and hope he comes good.

left footed, this is the distin replacement.

The man has made a fair few bold assumptions of players in the past that have fallen flat on their faces so I wouldn't take his word on it

If the man knew as much as he thinks he does he'd be one of the most sought after talent scouts in world football but he's just a journalist no different from Martin Samuel who's regarded as the UK's top journo football expert and I wouldn't take his word on fuck all

The man has made a fair few bold assumptions of players in the past that have fallen flat on their faces so I wouldn't take his word on it

If the man knew as much as he thinks he does he'd be one of the most sought after talent scouts in world football but he's just a journalist no different from Martin Samuel who's regarded as the UK's top journo football expert and I wouldn't take his word on fuck all

Paul i love your passion for the club and fuck the authority stance. we are backing Funes, no doubt. love him already. we're just trying to get a barometer reading on his talent level, upside, etc. no one takes these pundits for gospel, we're just bored and can't watch him play for 2 weeks so this is the best we got.

Paul i love your passion for the club and fuck the authority stance. we are backing Funes, no doubt. love him already. we're just trying to get a barometer reading on his talent level, upside, etc. no one takes these pundits for gospel, we're just bored and can't watch him play for 2 weeks so this is the best we got.

I know you are mate I just wanted to give my view on Vickery and his judgement as the man gets on my tits

Everyone's abit pissed off some more than others about the window me included and Vickery's verdict on Mori wouldn't help those with doubts so I had to jump in and douse the flames that would no doubt be flairing from Pads eyes ears nose and arse

Like you say he's an unknown quantity so we will have to wait and see

I know you are mate I just wanted to give my view on Vickery and his judgement as the man gets on my tits

Everyone's abit pissed off some more than others about the window me included and Vickery's verdict on Mori wouldn't help those with doubts so I had to jump in and douse the flames that would no doubt be flairing from Pads eyes ears nose and arse

Like you say he's an unknown quantity so we will have to wait and see

Exactly. One things for sure, Goodison and all evertonians will be behind him. I'm looking forward to the cup matches to see what he's got.

From the limited clips available he looks to have a similar ability on the ball as Distin had. Reports he's slow, pace helped Distin a lot. Looks to be a little bit more adventurous going forward and is a real threat in the air. Oh and he can hit a free kick. Time shall tell

Edited by MC11

• 2 weeks later...

He received flak from some, but I have no issue. It does take time to adjust to this league, and he'll learn from Jagielka in particular. Of more concern is the immaturity of Browning.

Honestly, with Baines, Stones, and Coleman out, I'd say our defence have done a good job overall. Galloway, in particular, has really excelled.

He received flak from some, but I have no issue. It does take time to adjust to this league, and he'll learn from Jagielka in particular. Of more concern is the immaturity of Browning.

Honestly, with Baines, Stones, and Coleman out, I'd say our defence have done a good job overall. Galloway, in particular, has really excelled.

agree, but Id say inexperience rather than immaturity

After my initial knee-jerk reaction, I guess it makes sense to play McCarthy at RB, shield the right side and have Deulofeu take on people. BTW, shout out for Galloway for saving our bacon against Berahino earlier after Mori played him on.

Very similar to Distin in terms of ability on the ball! Almost like for like.... Lacks pace and I get the impression there is a few brain farts in there. Distin MK2 for me

Edited by MC11