IGNORED

Southampton (Away)

markjazzbassist

what a half. this 442 has us playing very good football. i really think Kone and Lukaku are a great pair, and Kone is in some form right now, that cross was a thing a beauty, and Lukaku is back to his finishing ways.

Ross really up for it today, I"m so glad to see he's back to form.

I hope we continue to attack and are able to deal with Soton's halftime changes and win.

Great stuff. Possession play in their half, but we're mixing it up between direct and counter too. Great stuff.

Howard - brilliant save, so important. Everything he's had to do, he's done with ease. Mixed up his distribtion too. CBs are being pillars of strength, McCarthy and Barry moving things along.

Galloway and TC don't work, the latter having a rough first half... But, more importantly...

Ross, Kone, Lukaku. Simply brilliant. Supporting Lukaku is meaning he's not having to run here, there and everywhere, meaning he's got the energy to be strong, which is helping his confidence. Kone has been that, initially suspected but rarely realised, perfect foil. He's halving Roms workload and Ross has 2 people to choose when going forward, allowing him to run into the space the 2 strikers are creating for him.

More of the same, please. I can't actually remember being happy about watching Everton since.... I don't know when...

edit> oh, and look what happens when you give him a ball to run on to...

Edited by Matt