IGNORED

Southampton (Away)

markjazzbassist

We get a great win, and just look at the press. BBC site: about Martinez calling for unity (after the banner was flown). The Mirror: Lukaku confuses fans with the shoe-brushing celebration. What's all that about? Why can't the press just admit that we won the most lopsided game of the day against one of the better teams in the league?

No, your ignoring this thread because it's not going all your way !

I'm excited because that football today was something like this squad is capable of playing, the best part is if Martinez doesn't bottle it and return to slow motion tip-tap, then to be honest with Baines, Gerry and Mirallas we can get even better.

If you can't see this then yes you are stupid.....also as the TV pundits pointed out today if Ross can improve his goal scoring record then he would be a major asset, so yes, Barkley today like most of us, would have loved to have buried that sitter.What's wrong with the truth.

So sorry if I've hurt Barkleys feelings today saying he should have scored 2..............do you think he will ever forgive me.

Don't forget to set your alarm for Match of the day!

Not going my way?? Jog on you absolute bellend. If you can find room to pick holes in that performance you're a tool yhere's nothing really much else to say about you.

I'm back now I've calmed down. Barkley my golden boy? You don't read the board much do you. Set my alarm for match of the Dy? No need I watched it live so don't need to see the highlights.

Any match you play could have ended differently so to say Barkley should have had 2 then so should Pele and the lad who scored that quick hat trick whose name escapes me should have scored so Southampton were unlucky not to draw then really weren't they!!

Not going my way :lol: you really do have an awful high opinion of yourself Blue don't you. Wasn't you the lad calling us bin dippers and stuff a while back?

Edited by Paddock

I've got a good feeling about this season. Keep kone fit and watch him make a big impact,

I predicted a big season from Ross and I'm certain the prediction will be accurate. His right peg is a cannon, I can see him getting 10+ goals.

Left foots not bad either

Not going my way?? Jog on you absolute bellend. If you can find room to pick holes in that performance you're a tool yhere's nothing really much else to say about you.

I'm back now I've calmed down. Barkley my golden boy? You don't read the board much do you. Set my alarm for match of the Dy? No need I watched it live so don't need to see the highlights.

Any match you play could have ended differently so to say Barkley should have had 2 then so should Pele and the lad who scored that quick hat trick whose name escapes me should have scored so Southampton were unlucky not to draw then really weren't they!!

Not going my way :lol: you really do have an awful high opinion of yourself Blue don't you. Wasn't you the lad calling us bin dippers and stuff a while back?

The bin dippers is what this is all about ! You've just been waiting to cause some shit since then.

You are a pridictable saddo !

Where the hell has 'Barkley, my golden boy ' come from.

Your just looking for trouble, you don't even read post properly, why not have a go at other people how have said it wasn't 'perfect'.

You obviously watched match of the day......did you not hear the pundits saying Southampton are struggling at last with all the staff rotation they've had over the last couple of years, they showed how the Saints gave us way to much room, they even had the cheek to imply that they(the saints) didn't set up properly to nullify Everton (kinda implying we are one directional).

I watched the game, and thought the Saints weren't the force they were last season, they couldn't deal with Evertons long awaited return to faster more attacking play.In my opinion, and that's what it is MY OPINION, against teams who are ready for this tactic and better than Southampton, we will have to probably be better at it and I think we can be.

Is that fucking clear enough for you, I'm bored of your stupid arguement, so must the other members be, so go for a pm.

Everton got a massive 3 points with a great performance.......you've got your little 'bin dippers' problem of your chest, two results.

The bin dippers is what this is all about ! You've just been waiting to cause some shit since then.

You are a pridictable saddo !

Where the hell has 'Barkley, my golden boy ' come from.

Your just looking for trouble, you don't even read post properly, why not have a go at other people how have said it wasn't 'perfect'.

You obviously watched match of the day......did you not hear the pundits saying Southampton are struggling at last with all the staff rotation they've had over the last couple of years, they showed how the Saints gave us way to much room, they even had the cheek to imply that they(the saints) didn't set up properly to nullify Everton (kinda implying we are one directional).

I watched the game, and thought the Saints weren't the force they were last season, they couldn't deal with Evertons long awaited return to faster more attacking play.In my opinion, and that's what it is MY OPINION, against teams who are ready for this tactic and better than Southampton, we will have to probably be better at it and I think we can be.

Is that fucking clear enough for you, I'm bored of your stupid arguement, so must the other members be, so go for a pm.

Everton got a massive 3 points with a great performance.......you've got your little 'bin dippers' problem of your chest, two results.

I read a bit of your posts but they're so full of shit I stop after a few lines because I ccan't be arsed reading your drivel. No not arsed about the bin dipper I pulled you at the time I wasn't sure if it was you or not so asked, nothing more to it.

You put "I'm sorry if I upset Barkley" why eould I be arsed about that?? Why unless you think it's bothered me would you write that in a direct response to me? I'm not arsed what you write it's all shit anyway. I'm not looking for anything you annoyed me writing something stupid like you annoyed me with the bin dipper comment I said my piece and left so the thread didn't descend in to chaos yet you again like the jumped up self important twat you are said I left because it wasn't going my way yet the only other person who commented on it agreed that your post was a bit out of order and you still said "at least you read it right"

Mstick to trying to bully Haf nobby, he's a lot more resspectful and well mannered than I am so is polite to you when he should really just tell you straight, you've been on a one man cruisade against him for months and you have the balls to say I'm looking for s reaction :lol:

Oh and I never watched match of the day. There you go again knowing what I'm doing better than I do myself.

Go away you're boring me now.

Edited by Paddock

I read a bit of your posts but they're so full of shit I stop after a few lines because I ccan't be arsed reading your drivel. No not arsed about the bin dipper I pulled you at the time I wasn't sure if it was you or not so asked, nothing more to it.

You put "I'm sorry if I upset Barkley" why eould I be arsed about that?? Why unless you think it's bothered me would you write that in a direct response to me? I'm not arsed what you write it's all shit anyway. I'm not looking for anything you annoyed me writing something stupid like you annoyed me with the bin dipper comment I said my piece and left so the thread didn't descend in to chaos yet you again like the jumped up self important twat you are said I left because it wasn't going my way yet the only other person who commented on it agreed that your post was a bit out of order and you still said "at least you read it right"

Mstick to trying to bully Haf nobby, he's a lot more resspectful and well mannered than I am so is polite to you when he should really just tell you straight, you've been on a one man cruisade against him for months and you have the balls to say I'm looking for s reaction :lol:

Oh and I never watched match of the day. There you go again knowing what I'm doing better than I do myself.

Go away you're boring me now.

This get's better and better !

What's it got to do with 'Haff'..........What's it got to do with 'bin dippers'

You've ended up looking a twat, just accept it and go away !

Haff and I will never agree about Lukaku, I think we both understand that and just get on with it, he's probably going to be closer to the mark about Kone than me, so I got that one wrong, oh well, move on !

But I'm not wrong about you, the little 'Bin dippers thing'.......why bring up something from months back!

Your just looking for a little gang to come and do your fighting for you, mention a members name to try and get some backing, your just a bit sad really.

For the sake of this thread and any decent people who want to read about the Southampton game, go and swap some stickers with your friends.

Edited by Blue 250

Great report Romey, thanks for your effort.

Really hope that performance is a turning point, we just look so much better when we play with directness.It seems to suit just about every player in the team.

Can't understand why we didn't do it last season.

It was a pleasure to write it today. Hopefully there will be plenty more enjoyable ones!

I can't understand it either; some of our very best performances under Martinez have come when we've played that way.

Great report Romey, thanks for your effort.

Really hope that performance is a turning point, we just look so much better when we play with directness.It seems to suit just about every player in the team.

Can't understand why we didn't do it last season.

Someone hit on it yesterday... We're a better side when we allow people to have the ball... Full of counter attacking players.

I'm just glad I'm not involved.... Real popcorn material though so I take my hats off to you both. You're both decent lads deep down so maybe a tug and a kiss should be on the cards.

I'm fucking sound me MC he's a bad weapon but you can't be right all the time I suppose :D

Someone hit on it yesterday... We're a better side when we allow people to have the ball... Full of counter attacking players.

It's funny to me that under Moyes we were a counter-attacking side who couldn't counter attack. And, under Martinez we play a possession game but look amazing when we counter attack.

I had a shit stream for about the first 15 minutes game; it kept stopping every 5 seconds! So I'm not really sure what was going on for that period of the game. It looked like Southampton were having more of the play but, as I said, I really don't know. What I did see of the first half was very promising. Where we lacked tempo and movement last week we had runners all over the pitch and our passing was crisp and had intent - there were very few passes for passing sake. This meant we could be more positive with the ball, moving it forward far more often rather than pointlessly passing it sideways and backwards. There were no better examples of our movement and passing intent than our two goals in this half. When Barkley picked up the ball on the edge of our area from a Southampton corner he had Cleverley, Lukaku, Kone and Galloway (I think) streaming up in support of him. Last season he'd have probably only had Lukaku with him and would have ended up turning back and the ball would end up with Howard pretty quickly. And then for our second goal Lukaku wins the ball back on the half way line after some excellent tracking back, gives the ball to Barkley and drives forward with him to receive the ball back from Barkley to finish first time. We got the ball and then bang, bang we've scored. That's the type of football we thrive on - quick and incisive. None of this fucking around with it and be on a go slow. We're no good at it. Full throttle is when we're devastating. Those two goals may have been breakaway goals but they were by no means undeserved - Southampton may have had more of the ball but they weren't really a threat, whereas whenever we got the ball we looked like increasing our advantage.

The second half wasn't as industrious, but more of a professional performance where we played within ourselves but could have gone up a gear or two if we'd needed to. We probably invited a bit too much pressure on ourselves for my liking but thanks to the work of McCarthy and Barry and the defence we managed to restrict Southampton from testing Howard too often. We didn't really test them very often either though, so it kind of felt like the second half didn't get going for us. That being said our third goal was wonderfully worked - the ball was played to Lukaku with his back to goal, he controls it well and quickly lays it off back to Coleman who plays it across to Barkley who kept his cool and finished coolly. It was a thing of beauty and something that should get us all excited.

A big pat on the back has to go to Martinez. He got our tactics absolutely spot on and the players carried his ideas out on the pitch to perfection.

Howard - He probably only had 2 or 3 saves to make in the whole match, but those 2 or 3 saves were superb and vital. He did well to keep his concentration and actually make those saves. Especially the first of those saves at 0-0 to give them the corner that we eventually scored on the back of.

Coleman - Probably the only disappointing performance of the day. Defensively I didn't think he was much cop tbh, and could very nearly have gifted them a goal due to his brainlessness. But he did grab the assist for Barkley's goal, so it wasn't all bad.

Stones & Jagielka - I thought the pair of them were brilliant. Pelle is a difficult striker to deal with because he's incredibly physical but they both shepherded him all afternoon. He was limited to half chances and barely chance. He'll have been feeling very frustrated thanks to these two. Not much even reached Howard because they were just on it.

Galloway - Caught out a couple of times defensively but showed good recovery when he was caught out. And I just feel so much sympathy for him when I watch him trying to attack, and his crossing... let's just not go there :lol:.

Kone - Another promising showing from him which gives me hope. He worked his arse off all game long, even when he only had fumes left in the tank, he was a willing runner, he gave support to whoever had the ball, when he had the ball he used it intelligently, he held the ball up well. And he grabbed an assist! The only slight on his performance was that quite a few times he didn't perform his defensive duties, but thers were on their game to compensate for that.

McCarthy & Barry - They were a proper team yesterday. Something we really struggled with last season, and last week, was getting to the loose balls in front of our penalty area. Not yesterday though. These two prowled in front of our defence and mopped up pretty much everything. Barry barely moved from our own half all game long and just gave the ball to a team mate when he got it, while McCarthy was the one who would bring ball out further.

Cleverley - Slowly but surely he's winning me over. Yesterday he helped Galloway out a lot more, which shows he realised what he needed to work on from last week and did it. Also, every single time we got forward he was busting a gut to support whoever had the ball. He showed tremendous energy levels, very much like what we see from McCarthy. I also thought he used the ball brilliantly - he moved it well and quickly too. He looks like he could be a key cog in our wheel if we want to have a quicker tempo. Probably the biggest factor to winning me over was the way he celebrated Barkley's goal - he's definitely settled in quickly here and wants to play for us. It means something to him, and to Evertonians that means something to us too.

Barkley - I have to say, it was an absolute pleasure to watch him play yesterday. It really was. He was so positive and so confident and that's the Ross Barkley that can be up there with the best. Anyone who watched him yesterday and thinks he's over rated is a fool. He was magnificent and I felt a bit giddy tbh. I complained last week that he was very negative in possession with the ball; constantly just passing the ball back to where it came from rather than turning with it and using the ball positively. Yesterday there was none of that - he was constantly passing forward or driving forward with the ball. And while he's not the quickest player, he has one hell of a burst of speed to get away from players - just look at what he did for our first two goals. He was absolute dynamite. I also noticed him helping out defensively more too - on one of the occasions Galloway was caught out it was him that was there. We've all said he needs to score and create more and he did both yesterday - such a cool finish for his goal (to equal as many as he got all last season!), and a perfect pass for Lukaku's second goal. That was the first time he's ever assisted and scored in the same game!

Lukaku - It is no surprise to me that Lukaku had a stormer of a game yesterday because we had players around him, supporting him, rather than him being isolated against two or three defenders. Yes, he probably could do better in those situations but that's a tough one for any striker, never mind one still learning to manage his own limitations. But we made it so that he had more room to work in and boy did he take advantage of that room! He showed what a monstrous forward he can be, and why we paid big money for him. He was such a bully, he just fucking bulldozed Southampton all afternoon. There will be plenty of bruised bodies in their ranks, that's for sure! His thought for yesterday must have been "I'm going to get goals today and if you're in my way I am just going to run over you." Some of our fans have said he lacks desire but you couldn't level that at him yesterday - he showed incredible desire to make sure he was the one to score our first two goals, and played a big role in the third too. The fact that Kone's cross for the first wasn't quite on the mark probably helped Rom. It meant he had to head it it awkwardly and the only thing he could with it was to head back in the opposite direction, which fooled the keeper. And then a typical Rom, first time finish for his second goal. Get him the ball around the penalty area and he's deadly. Give him the ball on the half way line, or have him having to get the ball on the wing, and you'll get half the player at best. His involvement and importance to us really shouldn't be questioned.

Brilliant write-up, as usual! I've missed your post match analysis, mate :)