IGNORED

Southampton (Away)

markjazzbassist

If ever there was a match for you to see enormous potential and work rate from Rom, this is the one.

This isn't to single you out, don't worry. He was just THAT good today. Hold up play, distribution, movement, duals, strength, running with the ball, finishing, defending, everything.

The best part about his second goal was him winning the ball back in midfield and starting the move that he ended up finishing off.

It was a complete performance and a joy to behold. He was a £50m player today easy.

If ever there was a match for you to see enormous potential and work rate from Rom, this is the one.

This isn't to single you out, don't worry. He was just THAT good today. Hold up play, distribution, movement, duals, strength, running with the ball, finishing, defending, everything.

The best part about his second goal was him winning the ball back in midfield and starting the move that he ended up finishing off.

Had Haf been watching sure he would have been one of the first to say Rom was playing well. Kone helps him a lot. Just buzzing from that result. Makes me want to head up to Goodison for the next game, I'm dying to see us play like that!

Absolutely brilliant today to a man. Everybody worked hard and Ross and rom were unplayable at times. Saw a bit of a nasty side to us today which I liked. Stones and jags were rock solid and I thought cleverly had a good game. He doesn't set the world alight but you can tell he is a players player. Galloway impresses me every time he plays and we had a strong bench. Roberto said he wanted two more players. A striker and number 10 please. I think we can risk a centre back

Great game, but to be honest we can do better than that, could have 4 or 5 nil today, we uped the tempo an droped the tip-tap crap, the players had more freedom and boy did we hurt the Saints.

Lukaku showed his potential with better tactics and service, most knew what he was capable of, we/he needs tempo and some help up front, Ross needs to roam and Martinez needs to learn that having the ball doesn't hurt teams unless you go forward with it.

Credit to Howard, that save was nearly an assist.

Credit to all the players today.....and credit to Martinez, he must have seen the light!

Great game, but to be honest we can do better than that, could have 4 or 5 nil today, we uped the tempo an droped the tip-tap crap, the players had more freedom and boy did we hurt the Saints.

Lukaku showed his potential with better tactics and service, most knew what he was capable of, we/he needs tempo and some help up front, Ross needs to roam and Martinez needs to learn that having the ball doesn't hurt teams unless you go forward with it.

Credit to all the players today.....and credit to Martinez, he must have seen the light!

We can do better??? I'm telling you now, not many teams will go to Southampton and win 3-0 this season. It was an excellent performance all round and thoroughly deserved. Not sure how you can find an avenue to be slightly disappointed in that.

We can do better??? I'm telling you now, not many teams will go to Southampton and win 3-0 this season. It was an excellent performance all round and thoroughly deserved. Not sure how you can find an avenue to be slightly disappointed in that.

We can do better. We weren't as good in the second half. Not that we weren't good or anything! But we weren't at the same level. It can be forgiven though because we did have a two goal cushion. Last season we were doing that after going one up and it was costing us.

Where did I say I was disappointed !

I think we can do better, I think if we continue to press teams and not stop on the half way line and play friggin tip tap.We the fans seemed to know what we needed, a more direct approach, more speed, it was there today, if we build on this, yes I think we can do even better, I also know not to get too excited.

A fully fit Baines and Pienaar ripping down the left is probably now only a dream.Said at the start of the season it's a small squad but a friggin good one, we are capable of playing this sort of football why haven't we been doing it !

It's not the first time we've seen Rom show great ability he's done this before but it's usually followed by some insipid displays at best.

So whilst I applaud a great display I look forward to more of the same.

Where did I say I was disappointed !

I think we can do better, I think if we continue to press teams and not stop on the half way line and play friggin tip tap.We the fans seemed to know what we needed, a more direct approach, more speed, it was there today, if we build on this, yes I think we can do even better, I also know not to get too excited.

A fully fit Baines and Pienaar ripping down the left is probably now only a dream.Said at the start of the season it's a small squad but a friggin good one, we are capable of playing this sort of football why haven't we been doing it !

We won 3-0 away at a very good side, I doubt as I've said many teams willbetter that this season. We done a professional job today, came out got the 2 gosls and snuffed them out. Ghere wasno room for improvement today, what more do you want?

We can do better. We weren't as good in the second half. Not that we weren't good or anything! But we weren't at the same level. It can be forgiven though because we did have a two goal cushion. Last season we were doing that after going one up and it was costing us.

We came out understandably more cautious in the second half, contained them then suckered them on the break the harder they pushed up it was exactly the right way to play it for me. They never really looked like scoring. If we had come out and played as open and expansive as the first half and they had got one back early and pegged us back everyone would be furious for not defending a 2 goal lead.

We were spot on today imo absolutely spot on.

We won 3-0 away at a very good side, I doubt as I've said many teams willbetter that this season. We done a professional job today, came out got the 2 gosls and snuffed them out. Ghere wasno room for improvement today, what more do you want?

You still haven't answered my question, where did I say I was dissapointed.The opening line said "great game" went on to say we could have had 4 or 5 today, so in that respect it's obvious where I think we could have done better !

Today, compared to some of the crap that's been served up in the last year was brilliant, the football in that last year has been some of the worst football I've seen from an Everton team ( of this quality), I think with Baines back ,Pienaar in and around the squad and maybe a better player in for Barry, with Lukaku getting the right service and a faster tempo we can really rip a few teams.The potential has been their since Martinez took over from Moyes.Gerry also can make a massive difference if he plays to his best and Ross can get even better......so yes I think Everton can do even better, I hope they can.

Today was great, we are back attacking teams with a certain speed and directness, long may it last and even improve, I think it can.

You still haven't answered my question, where did I say I was dissapointed.The opening line said "great game" went on to say we could have had 4 or 5 today, so in that respect it's obvious where I think we could have done better !

Today, compared to some of the crap that's been served up in the last year was brilliant, the football in that last year has been some of the worst football I've seen from an Everton team ( of this quality), I think with Baines back ,Pienaar in and around the squad and maybe a better player in for Barry, with Lukaku getting the right service and a faster tempo we can really rip a few teams.The potential has been their since Martinez took over from Moyes.Gerry also can make a massive difference if he plays to his best and Ross can get even better......so yes I think Everton can do even better, I hope they can.

Today was great, we are back attacking teams with a certain speed and directness, long may it last and even improve, I think it can.

The fact you came out with the line "we can do better" then had a little moan about the performance says it all. I never said you said you were disappointed your post just stank of it.

We came out understandably more cautious in the second half, contained them then suckered them on the break the harder they pushed up it was exactly the right way to play it for me. They never really looked like scoring. If we had come out and played as open and expansive as the first half and they had got one back early and pegged us back everyone would be furious for not defending a 2 goal lead.

We were spot on today imo absolutely spot on.

Agreed it was a beautiful game to watch. Direct attacks, good defending, good keeper saves, and some ball movement that was quick. Rom Kone Barkley and jags looked like world beaters. Barkley and lukaku were like beasts that no matter how many soton men were on them, they shed them off and drove forward with the ball. Men against boys.

The fact you came out with the line "we can do better" then had a little moan about the performance says it all. I never said you said you were disappointed your post just stank of it.

Talking out of your fucking arse.

Are you frustrated or something, need an argument!

'my post stank of it'........your a fucking idiot!

Paddock !

Here's the original post, care to show where it 'stinks of' whatever !

Prick !

That first goal was so frustrating for Southampton and so brilliant for us. In less than a minute, Howard made a superb leg save from what might easily have been a goal. Then on the immediately following corner, Barkley took the ball with no one near him, rushed it downfield, found a streaking Kone with a perfect pass. Kone made the right decision, among several possibilities, with his pass, which was near-perfect. Not absolutely perfect, as Lukaku had to strain his neck to get his head on the ball in an odd angle. Which he did, with remarkable skill.

On second goal, Lukaku's energetic theft at midfield, Barkley's deft touch back to Lukaku, and Rom's taking it in stride and one-touch -- all pretty much perfect.