IGNORED

Southampton (Away)

markjazzbassist

I want both lukaku and Kone. I thought they worked well together and helped cover each other's weaknesses. A draw would be a positive result for me. I hope we get Some guys back from injury as well. I have Galloway or Oviedo because I don't know if that knock ole gall got was bad or not. COYB

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Galloway/Oviedo

Gerry McCarthy Barkley Mirallas

Kone Lukaku

I

I want both lukaku and Kone. I thought they worked well together and helped cover each other's weaknesses. A draw would be a positive result for me. I hope we get Some guys back from injury as well. I have Galloway or Oviedo because I don't know if that knock ole gall got was bad or not. COYB

Howard
Coleman Stones Jags Galloway/Oviedo
Gerry McCarthy Barkley Mirallas
Kone Lukaku

I'd love to see this but is RM going to ever drop Barry? I hope Gerry is fit too.

I do agree, a draw would be a good result. But that is my cynicism talking. We, Everton, should be able to go to Southampton and expect to win. Sadly, we can't.

Barry played well yestrrday. He's the new scapegoat I see. He was one of the best players on the pitch and the ONLY player first half who done anything.

he did play well but was far from the only player. Galloway was brilliant all game, TC never stopped. Struggling after that though :crying:

he did play well but was far from the only player. Galloway was brilliant all game, TC never stopped. Struggling after that though :crying:

Fist half Matt he was head and shoulders. He broke play up moved the ball about and was first in the tackle. Galloway was decent but it's glaringly obvious he isn't a left back. He ran his line but ran in to nothing most times which isn't his fault. Wouldn't say he was brilliant.

Fist half Matt he was head and shoulders. He broke play up moved the ball about and was first in the tackle. Galloway was decent but it's glaringly obvious he isn't a left back. He ran his line but ran in to nothing most times which isn't his fault. Wouldn't say he was brilliant.

he ran into nothing because, apart from TC, no one backed him up when he went forward. Mirallas left him high and dry when he came over.

Do agree with Barry's performance, by the way. Much better from him, but just don't agree he was the only one.

he ran into nothing because, apart from TC, no one backed him up when he went forward. Mirallas left him high and dry when he came over.

Do agree with Barry's performance, by the way. Much better from him, but just don't agree he was the only one.

I did say it wasn't his fault and it wasn't as there was no one in front of him whenever he went. Cleverley huffed and puffed and never done much wrong but didn't really do much either for me.

We're desperate for new faces mate and this is why I've been bleating on about it all summer. Without them the slim chance we have of Martinez tactics working are down to zero.

I think Martinez has to start Kone. A goal and an assist plus Lukaku needs a jolt.

I don't think you'd see anywhere near the same level of performance from Kone if he was on his own up front. They worked off each other yesterday. It's no coincidence that Lukaku looked better with someone actually supporting him (Kone), and Kone was set up by Lukaku. Partnership.

That being said, I can't see him being brave enough to go with two up front away at Southampton if he couldn't do it at home to Watford!

Southampton didn't exactly set the league alight opening day either. Much will depend on who's fit for this. 100% a case of 4-4-2 for my money though. We don't have the creativity in midfield to make it worth having the extra body in there at the moment. Much better to have the two up top to give us a chance of having the ball stick. Only real question mark there is Kone's fitness, can he do anything close to 90 minutes? I'd guess no, so maybe switch from Martinez's regular set up at half time.

Who plays left back? Why is Galloway starting there over Oviedo, have we given up on him there, is he simply another utility man now? Have to agree that Galloway done well defensively but offers next to nothing going forward.

Southampton didn't exactly set the league alight opening day either. Much will depend on who's fit for this. 100% a case of 4-4-2 for my money though. We don't have the creativity in midfield to make it worth having the extra body in there at the moment. Much better to have the two up top to give us a chance of having the ball stick. Only real question mark there is Kone's fitness, can he do anything close to 90 minutes? I'd guess no, so maybe switch from Martinez's regular set up at half time.

Who plays left back? Why is Galloway starting there over Oviedo, have we given up on him there, is he simply another utility man now? Have to agree that Galloway done well defensively but offers next to nothing going forward.

Oviedo is nowhere near match fit, which he showed when he came on on Saturday. Hopefully he builds that up over the next few games and takes over the starting berth from Galloway.

I'll guess this to start --

.................................... Howard ......................................

Coleman .......... Stones .......... Jagielka .......... Galloway

.................... McCarthy ............... Barry .........................

Cleverly ...................... Barkley .......................... Osman

..................................... Lukaku .....................................

And then, if we're behind at 55-60 minutes --

Galloway out, Kone in, Barry to LB. Also, Osman out, Oviedo in. At 70 minutes, Deulofeu (or Lennon......) in for Cleverley (or for Barkley, with Cleverley moving to ACM).

.................................... Howard ......................................

..................................... Lukaku .....................................

Galloway out, Kone in, Barry to LB. Also, Osman out, Oviedo in. At 70 minutes, Deulofeu (or Lennon......) in for Cleverley (or for Barkley, with Cleverley moving to ACM).

I love the width Cleverley and Ossie give us.

Lennon doesn't play for us anymore??

I love the width Cleverley and Ossie give us.

For Southampton match, Mirallas unlikely to play, Pienaar and McGeady out injured, Deulofeu might play some in second half. The width is likely to come from Coleman.

Lennon doesn't play for us anymore??

Not at this very moment, no.

But those ....... marks after his name refer to rumours of his imminent signing. I'd guess Deulofeu the more likely sub for final 15-20 minutes, but Lennon might be around by then.

My starting XI

......................................Howard..............................

Coleman........... Jags..............Stones................Baby/ Galloway

Gerry..................Cleverley......McCarthy..................Mirallas

.....................................Barkley......................................

......................................Rom........................................

Just want us to go out and have a go from the off.If gerry is fit 4-1-2-3. Mccarthy holding ross and clev just in front then kev,gerry and lukaku up top. Ive not seen us turn up at St Marys yet. That team would cause them problems

sad thing is they have a better academy, better financial situation, better 1st team, and they've just been in the prem a few years. sad really that we are being overtaken by a club like theirs. their stadium is what 23k at best? we've got 15k more seats and fans and it still doesn't do a difference.

sad thing is they have a better academy, better financial situation, better 1st team, and they've just been in the prem a few years. sad really that we are being overtaken by a club like theirs. their stadium is what 23k at best? we've got 15k more seats and fans and it still doesn't do a difference.

im sure they fill 30 ? maybe im wrong