IGNORED

Simple question would you get rid of Martinez yes or no?

47 members have voted

1. 1. would you get rid of Martinez yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

we were hammered by Liverpool 4 - 0 we lost at home to Sunderland

the pattern was there for all to see predictable we stumbled through games

a blind man on a galloping horse could see what was coming.

Those were both before March 1st.

From then we stumbled through the next seven games picking up twenty-one points, including destroying Arsenal. It was the home loss to Palace that fucked us, even though we followed that with a win over ManU.

So far, one game, he didn't play anyone out of position until he tried to shake things up in the second half. If he gets these three players, no one should need to play out of position, at least unless the squad gets hit by more injuries.

Hmmm Cleverley LM? Not for me he looked lost and kept coming central. Galloway had no help at all. He's certainly not a winger and certainly not a Pienaar type. I'd say he was well out of position.

From then we stumbled through the next seven games picking up twenty-one points, including destroying Arsenal. It was the home loss to Palace that fucked us, even though we followed that with a win over ManU.

are you really saying you could not see wigans defence appearing

the cracks were covered by us scoring as soon as that dried up we were in trouble

i'll never forget that match, it was beautiful. day after my son was born watching the match in the hospital with him as a one day old, i'll cherish that and the win forever.

i'll never forget that match, it was beautiful. day after my son was born watching the match in the hospital with him as a one day old, i'll cherish that and the win forever.

I remember being inside Goodison when we beat them 6-1. Neil Pointons debut it was and we absolutely destroyed them.

Shows just how far we have fallen from grace.

I remember being inside Goodison when we beat them 6-1. Neil Pointons debut it was and we absolutely destroyed them.

Shows just how far we have fallen from grace.

Five competitive games since we stuffed ManU 3-0?

Does a team really go from being (potentially) that good to being as poor as some describe us now in that short a period?

Really think there's a lot of knee-jerk stuff going on at the moment; the most successful managers are the ones that are given time even when things are looking grim (eg Ferguson, Kendall, Moyes even). Do we really want to go down the Sunderland route and have three managers a season?

Five competitive games since we stuffed ManU 3-0?

Does a team really go from being (potentially) that good to being as poor as some describe us now in that short a period?

Really think there's a lot of knee-jerk stuff going on at the moment; the most successful managers are the ones that are given time even when things are looking grim (eg Ferguson, Kendall, Moyes even). Do we really want to go down the Sunderland route and have three managers a season?

I'm talking about beating Arsenal 6-1 in the 80s to being made up we managed to best them 3-0 the other season.

Plus Utd were horrible that day it wasn't a case of us blowing them away more a case they never turned up.

Edited by Paddock

I'm talking about beating Arsenal 6-1 in the 80s to being made up we managed to best them 3-0 the other season.

Plus Utd were horrible that day it wasn't a case of us blowing them away more a case they never turned up.

But by saying "...just shows how far we've fallen from grace.." you're comparing it to today (which is the subject under discussion after all) :huh:.

I'd rather eat my own faeces than have Pardew manage us.

i've said it before, i don't like his personality but his teams play good football and he is a good talent evaluator from the scouting side.

Nice choices ... now why would they choose us? Or have you plans for forcing them to take charge? :rofl:

It's a step up for all of them maybe barring Pardew. No forcing, if RM was fired Bilic would have been considered and Laudrup was half considered when RM got hired.

gods no...

to all 3 or just Pardew?

i've said it before, i don't like his personality but his teams play good football and he is a good talent evaluator from the scouting side.

It's a step up for all of them maybe barring Pardew. No forcing, if RM was fired Bilic would have been considered and Laudrup was half considered when RM got hired.

to all 3 or just Pardew?

more Pardew (he's a grade A cunt who has spoken very disparagingly of us in the past), but Laudraup is Martnez but not as talented and Bilic is completely unproven. None of them would fit.

more Pardew (he's a grade A cunt who has spoken very disparagingly of us in the past), but Laudraup is Martnez but not as talented and Bilic is completely unproven. None of them would fit.

never knew pardew hated us, i'll have to look that up. bilic may be unproven but he's got some nice signings and i fully expect them to finish above us unless we get this fabled 10.

laudrup was a gamble as well, but he didn't get a team relegated, so i would consider him more talented than RM.

Edited by markjazzbassist

But by saying "...just shows how far we've fallen from grace.." you're comparing it to today (which is the subject under discussion after all) :huh:.

I was talki g about Mark saying he will always cherrish the 3-0 win so quoted him saying I remember beating them 6-1 at Goodison then went on to say how much we've fallen from grace from then to now.

You started saying about Man U etc I never even mentioned Man U or the current regime I was simply saying the gulf between the heights of the 80s and now is enormous.

I was talki g about Mark saying he will always cherrish the 3-0 win so quoted him saying I remember beating them 6-1 at Goodison then went on to say how much we've fallen from grace from then to now.

You started saying about Man U etc I never even mentioned Man U or the current regime I was simply saying the gulf between the heights of the 80s and now is enormous.

Don't argue with me, get back to brown nosing or you'll spoil your reputation :shaking fist:.

Some of the points Paddock raised about the 3-5 year project sound about right. It seems to be that kind of direction.

Where as Paddock mentions can the fans be that patient, my concern would be can the players we currently think will be the main men of the future squad be that patient? I'm talking about Stones, Barkley, Lukaku, McCarthy...if we don't show some signs of constant progress, they'll want to move on and then you never really get anywhere?

It's a tough project. It needs the right kids but also key players bringing in of more mature ages and experiences.

I've always liked Martinez. But must admit I got fed up towards the end of last season. I really hope he evolves our play this season (fine with keep ball but not fine with the pace of it!), brings in the right players, stops playing guys out of position etc.

If not then...well...

Hmmm Cleverley LM? Not for me he looked lost and kept coming central. Galloway had no help at all. He's certainly not a winger and certainly not a Pienaar type. I'd say he was well out of position.

I've said all summer Cleverley was brought in to play on the left. No one seemed to believe me, but Martinez discussed it early on, comparing him to Pienaar. That's where he will play for us.

I agree Galloway didn't have much help.

I'm sure you've been taking argumentative pills lately :P

It's him being his usual self, Pad. I should know, I'm a picky prick myself ;).

I've said all summer Cleverley was brought in to play on the left. No one seemed to believe me, but Martinez discussed it early on, comparing him to Pienaar. That's where he will play for us.

Then I'm going to be mightily pissed off if the Watford game is anything to go by. More pissed off as I am when I have to suffer Osman playing on the wing.

I've been saying the same thing! :shaking fist:

2 questions

No 1 will luk, stones, Barkley, McCarthy, etc be here in 2 years time never mind 5 years ?

No 2 where will that leave his 5 year plan. More so where does it leave us

im interested in efc now and in the future.

Good questions.

In 2 years time, that will leave him with 1 year left on his plan. I wouldn't imagine any dramatic changes would be expected in the last year, so if in 2 years time we're still playing shite and winning nothing, the 5 year plan is meaningless and we'll have lost all the young talent.

I expect Stones gone next summer unless we kick on this season, and fear the year after there will be an exodus.

But hey, it's the weekend so sod it - WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!