IGNORED

Simple question would you get rid of Martinez yes or no?

47 members have voted

1. 1. would you get rid of Martinez yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

We looked a fucking good team today. Liked the fact we played with a touch of arrogance and liked to see stones and Galloway having a nark at wanyama. We have the basis of a good young team.peformances like that make me proud to be a blue. If Bobby sticks to that and goes for it a lot more I'd be happy to keep him and see how it goes

I don't think we had a change of formation. Tom and Kone just took turns playing out wide in the same formation we always play.

We are much better against teams who want the ball, they leave gaps and we expose them.

The tests are the teams who come to goodison and park the bus.

We were so much better at the back though.

I expect Stones gone next summer unless we kick on this season, and fear the year after there will be an exodus.

This is key issue for me. Surely Stones wouldn't ask to leave nor would he be sold if Everton finish top 4 this season. But 4th is a wildly optimistic hope. More reasonable ceiling is 6th.

Say we finish 6th next May and get Europa League as a reward for a fine season. It's a bitter consolation prize. I'd guess in that scenario, Stones is gone in summer 2016, for big money. The speculation that then the "year after" -- I assume you mean summer 2017 -- there would be an exodus, seems plausible. Unless a Stones-less Everton in 2016-17 rise or inch very close to 4th in 2016-17, I guess we could lose several of Barkley, Lukaku, McCarthy, Mirallas, Coleman, Deulofeu.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes he earned some brownie points last night

Even he must now realise a new keeper is urgent

neither are reliable, Marshal is up for grabs at 4.5 mil

and what about young schmeichel turning into a decent keeper.

Then I will definitely change my vote.

Yes he earned some brownie points last night

Even he must now realise a new keeper is urgent

neither are reliable, Marshal is up for grabs at 4.5 mil

and what about young schmeichel turning into a decent keeper.

Then I will definitely change my vote.

Vern: Jeez, Gordie, why couldn't you have gotten breakfast stuff like twinkies, Pez and root beer?

Gordie: Sorry, Vern. I guess a more experienced shopper could have gotten more for your seven cents.

Long and short of it is this.... we don't throw money around. I know you love Howard and don't want to see him go, but you may have the benefit of seeing him for at least another year whilst we only have 2 first choice centre halves in the whole squad.

Edited by Hafnia

I don't call 4 or 5 mil throwing money around, in prem league speak of course.

letting in soft goals and finishing further down the league is throwing money away.

Spending £6m on Kone was considered a crime until a few games ago.

Quality keepers aren't cheap, Howard makes mistakes, all keepers do - find me a few quality keerps less than £5m and I will review my comment.

We have massive priorities to strengthen elsewhere. I agree, Howard will need replacing at the end of this season though.

I mentioned one in Cardiff's keeper marshal quoted at 4.5 mil going to WBA

begovic was only 8 mil granted he may not have wanted to join us but we don't know as we did not try,and worm sat in spurs reserves would be in our price range

all better than what we have now, and that's off the top of my head without the knowledge of knowing what's out there

all keepers don't make as many mistakes as TH has in the last 18 months

as you know I think its the most important position on the field.

I still think 6 mil on kone was a crime a couple of games does not change that.

Edited by seve

I voted no. There are a couple of key points in the season where could have my mind changed. The first is after this difficult opening 10 game stretch. If Sunderland comes to Goodison and we aren't in double digit points, that would be very concerning.

The second will be in January. Will we have seen more of the approach that we had at Soton or more of the approach we had in the 1st against Watford? If we are consistently like the former, then fantastic. If it is the latter, he'll need to find other employment.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i've changed to no now. he's righted the ship got some solid youngsters playing and we aren't playing tiki taka anymore. more direct and okay with the counter. i was really impressed with him with the stones situation and how barkley is progressing, in addition to galloway and browning looking nice.

to be honest i expect either a trophy or champs league within the next year or 2. 5 year plan and he promised BK when he got hired he'd get champs league, let's see it then.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we should keep his ass. His style is working right now, and this team looks dangerous at times. If we suck giant moose cock like we did last year, and finish in the bottom half, then I might be inclined to say yes for no other reason than this team has immense talent and there is no way we should be finishing 11th or 12th.

Edited by chalkpie