IGNORED

Andriy Yarmolenko

cutting and shooting, I'd say very. Get him and Geri alternating wings and defences are going to poo themselves, not to mention goalkeepers earning their wages.

Considering he's left footed I doubt he'd be cutting in and shooting with his right. The problem with Geulofeu on the left is he's nowhere near as good. Now I know this lad can play as a 10 as well but where would that leave Barkley.

Considering he's left footed I doubt he'd be cutting in and shooting with his right. The problem with Geulofeu on the left is he's nowhere near as good. Now I know this lad can play as a 10 as well but where would that leave Barkley.

i just don't think this will happen. we've spent 20m in the summer, the kitty is small in january, and naisy and pienaar won't net us 20m.

i just don't think this will happen. we've spent 20m in the summer, the kitty is small in january, and naisy and pienaar won't net us 20m.

as I said earlier - it has been made clear that he is a 2016 summer transfer target but it needs to happen now in order to get him - so essentially he will be our summer buy. We will just get him in advance.

as I said earlier - it has been made clear that he is a 2016 summer transfer target but it needs to happen now in order to get him - so essentially he will be our summer buy. We will just get him in advance.

again Haf that makes no sense. this is a luxury buy not a need. 20 mil is the summer kitty so essentially we'd blow the summer load before summer meaning we couldn't bring anyone else in. If we bought a top shelf GK and backup striker we'd be battling for top 4. I would rather those than Yarmo. Otherwise it will be score 6 goals and lose 7-6 with him but no GK and backup striker to spell Lukaku if he gets injured. We need a Keeper full stop we don't have trouble scoring goals which is what Yarmo brings.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Do people really believe top 4 is still on?

To put it in context. Chelsea are now only 4 points behind us, are just running into form and, lets be honest, will probably finish above us. One of Mourhino's last quotes was that Chelsea had no chance whatsoever of finishing in the top four.

Guest rusty747

with a top keeper and the defense sorted why not? we beat man city 2-1 and they're in top 4, no reason to believe we can't compete with Arse spurs leicester etc.

if we just add yarmo this jan no i don't think we can, he doesn't fix a leaky defense and shit keeper.

I totally agree. The problem is that we struggle to beat teams like Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth. And that is what has cost us top four already imho.

The odd loss against a top team is acceptable. But the amount of draws we have against bottom teams is not.

Edited by rusty747

Wenger suggesting today that it'll be a busy Jan partly because all the new money available in the Summer will inflate prices, so makes sense to me to get him in now if we can.

I wouldn't say he's not needed I fully agree we need to look at others area's also but this lad if he settles into the league and even comes here will a step up in quality and in today's market £20/21m is a bargain

We could have more money than people assume Martinez may give Robles a run (doubtful I know) who's not done much to suggest he's not up to the job and as Mike said it would make more sense to do any big business now even moreso with the Euro's looming

And what if he's crap I the euros the price might go down.

This move if it happens has me worried.

I'd rather go for a younger player like berahino.

Its a possibility as with any player but the signs point to that being more unlikely than likely he's in a different bracket to the likes of Berahino and is far more versatile

This has you worried but you'd rather put your faith and our money in a lad who's been very flash in the pan done nothing of any great note and has a proven track record of causing unrest? Each to their own and I'm not knocking your opinion Patto but I don't understand the logic behind it tbh

Edited by EFC-Paul

Its a possibility as with any player but the signs point to that being more unlikely than likely he's in a different bracket to the likes of Berahino and is far more versatile

This has you worried but you'd rather put your faith and our money in a lad who's been very flash in the pan done nothing of any great note and has a proven track record of causing unrest? Each to their own and I'm not knocking your opinion Patto but I don't understand the logic behind it tbh

Likewise. Yarmalenko is only twenty-six anyway so hardly a pensioner and Berahino's attitude is suspect to say the least, as is his ability imo.

And what if he's crap I the euros the price might go down.

This move if it happens has me worried.

I'd rather go for a younger player like berahino.

Hmmm Berahino or Yarmalenko , let me think about that one for a nano second, yep Yarmalenko all day long, I would rather have Anichebe back than Berahino!

No problems with Yarmolenko's age at all. We'll be losing a fair bit of experience with the likes of Naismith, Pienaar, Hibbert, Gibson, McGeady, Osman all unlikely to be around the squad after this month/summer, so bringing in a 26-year-old with his European experience is the right type of addition for this squad.

Youth....investment similar to stones....if we sign yarmolenko after 4-5 years he won't have a resale berahino will.

After 4-5 years there will be no re-sale for Berahino. He will refuse to play, cause unrest and then run his contract down.

Do not want any players with that attitude.

Also, when Berahino is 26 he will be nowhere near the player Yarmolenko is now.

Edited by markiediow

If yarmolenko is so good why is it we seem to be the only team linked to him.

Yes he was superb against us 2 years ago but has anyone on this forum actually followed what he has done since I doubt it.

If he comes I'll back him all the way but for £21m it still has me worried.

We aren't, we are the first team to make a move. Chelsea, Barca, arsenal have been linked.

Youth....investment similar to stones....if we sign yarmolenko after 4-5 years he won't have a resale berahino will.

Granted Stones was an unknown quantity to most of us and its turned out better than we could have hoped but the majority have seen Berahino and he has nowhere near the potential that would warrant the £18m that's being touted and he's hardly a prospect at 22

Yarmolenko trumps him in every department bar age and for only £3m more if the fee's banded about are true