IGNORED

Andriy Yarmolenko

Guest rusty747

Can't see this one happening sadly

If that interview he gave for the Ukranian sports website is anything to go by he'll be staying put and seeing the remainder of hos current contract out with Kiev

Which means we can get him on a free next season and give him a 15 million quid signing on fee!

Edited by rusty747

Which means we can get him on a free next season and give him a 15 million quid signing on fee!

I doubt we'd stand a chance he will have plenty of suitors offering far bigger wages etc

Unless it's a ploy to get them to sell on his part this one will never come off not now not next season

Edited by EFC-Paul

Barca have apparently had no contact or interest in him according to online sources (Matt's fav)

They have an abundance of versatile attacking midfielders and wide men it wouldn't make much sense in selling Pedro who's proven effective for them to replace him with a player that won't offer much if anything more

Also said they won't sign anymore players unless they suffer any injuries, he also wants to try his hand over here apparently

Edited by EFC-Paul

Could all be mind games between Yarmolenko and his very strange and attached chairman

There's been no official reports that either Barcelona or Arsenal have contacted them from what I've seen the only name actually mentioned has been ourselves

I don't think it will happen due to what he's been saying of late but it could be a massive ruse...

I know Arsenal need another attacker but a striker more like.

Barca don't really need to replace him, they already have enough after getting Turan.

yeah great point i forgot about that. i just don't see it happening to barca. all posturing to get us to either pay more or kyiv wants him to see out his contract, fair play to them on that no issues there he did sign the deal.

Yeah I'd be unhappy with Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil, Cazorla and Ramsey too...

Then why have they been looking for another striker all summer?

I'm not saying I believe either are realistic etc. Steve asked why they'd be interested, I gave potential reasons.

Arsenal are crying out for a forward an out on out striker

Giroud is good on his day but to inconsistent Welbeck is constantly injured or has niggles

Unless Yarmolenko could displace Sanchez which will never happen as he's a far better player they won't be in for him they've an abundance of similar players

Thought AY could be an out and out striker?

Anyway. not arguing! I was only giving possible reasons!