IGNORED

Andriy Yarmolenko

• 2 weeks later...

wow china surely beating MLS as the retirement league. some serious cash being thrown around this winter.

hardly a retirement league, they're signed some decent young stars too. But you're right, MLS is going to get left behind if it doesn't act soon Edited by Matt

hardly a retirement league, they're signed some decent young stars too. But you're right, MLS is going to get left behind if it doesn't act soon

I'm not so sure. Yes, the money is great in China. But, you also have to go to China, and I'm not sure that's somewhere too many people look forward to living in. Language and cultural issues, among others, make it a tougher sell, especially for European and South American players, I'd think. Also, spending ridiculous amounts of money isn't a great long-term strategy.

I cant see Yarmolenko going to China tbh, he's already stated he wouldn't go to Barcelona as he wants to play regular football, so i don't think he's after the money.

Hopefully we sign him in the summer, maybe the fact we don't have to pay in installments over 5 years may push the deal through!

Great talent idiotic price, and where the hell would we fit him in?

He can play across the front three usually on the left but has played as a false 9 as they call it for both club and country

Great player who's stated he'd prefer prem football and I'd lost all hope but if Moshiri does open the checkbook he's a player I hope we seriously go for

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't he play on the right? Just like every single winger we have? Left footed but likes to dribble to the middle with it. Would be an expensive deal to add a player to the position we have the most cover in. I would certainly pass on it.

In all seriousness, Konoplyanka would have been the winger to get from Kiev. A monster on the left. He prefers La Liga, so do not see him leaving now that he is at Sevilla even though he isn't a guaranteed starter.

Doesn't he play on the right? Just like every single winger we have? Left footed but likes to dribble to the middle with it. Would be an expensive deal to add a player to the position we have the most cover in. I would certainly pass on it.

In all seriousness, Konoplyanka would have been the winger to get from Kiev. A monster on the left. He prefers La Liga, so do not see him leaving now that he is at Sevilla even though he isn't a guaranteed starter.

agreed yehven is solid as well but yarmo plays left right and center, doesn't matter to him. he's like lennon in that he can do either flank.