IGNORED

Spurs (Away)

markjazzbassist

Missed the first half hour. That was a below par performance from many players. It stank of a tough midweek 120 minutes.

Some bad habits resurfaced today. The amount of attacks breaking down once we get up top. The way our defenders tend to follow the ball in melee 's and leave player unmarked.

Today we clearly lacked the knack to create opportunities.

But all in all, we've gone to Spurs, below par, had a shitter, but came away with a clean sheet and a point.

Result.

Well we got absolutely battered for 70 or so minutes of that game. Think Kone deserves a start up top with Mirallas and Deulofeu on opposite wings. Lukaku can sit on the bench for a game or two. Howard MOTM, Stones and Oviedo got better as the game went on. Barry was a mixed bag, McCarthy and Coleman were invisible, Barkley didn't have too many opportunities but played hard, Jags had a 'mare but eventually did ok,

If it's just Lennon we've had our pants well and truly pulled down especially with this Yarmelenko rumour.

Can't disagree. But I do hope Lennon comes in. Cleverley's injury looks serious, so our emerging utility player is probably out for months. Assuming RM, after prolonged concentration during the international break, will regularly start Mirallas and Deulofeu on the wings, who backs them up? Well, without Lennon, the choices, in order, might be Kone, McGeady, Naismith, and Oviedo.

I'd consider pushing Oviedo up that list when Galloway comes back, using Oviedo at both LB and LW. We could definitely use Lennon. Not as much as a playmaker, but he'd play a lot on the right wing, and Deulofeu sometimes switches to the left anyway. McGeady only occasionally; maybe he's on his way out before window closes. Naismith is a poacher, more useful as third striker, 20-30 minute sub than on wing.

Cover at back looks to be Funes Mori, Galloway, Browning, Pennington. Not ideal, and Jagielka's play hasn't been ideal, either. But I'd be surprised if we bring in another back.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Fucking moyes performance second half. As much as the saints game made me think we on our way up this performance makes me think I was right and Martinez can fuck off. Let's get this right spurs are SHIT. Worse Spurs team I've seen for ten years. Lukaku same as usual played two good games and can't be arsed and what the fuck was Barry doing? How many errors can you make without getting the hook? Oviedo is not a left back so let's forget about that from now on. Kone was excellent first half and Howard saved us. Fuck me I'm depressed. Can see us signing Lennon that's it.