IGNORED

Currently the most hated team in the media's eyes?

Lowensda

With all respect most of that's before the likes of stones and Lukaku were born. How does it affect those players in the future? They aren't fans of the club

Can't argue with any of that, like I said it's been too long. But by keeping the likes of Stones, Barkley, Rom, McCarthy and Garbutt, we're building for greatness again. We're not treating the game as a business by buying kids to sell on (any more at least) because we no longer have to. We're a stadium away from regular CL football and being title contenders again, and the only way we're going to get the stadium is by keeping a competitive team together for the future.

Obviously none of us know the future, but what we've seen from Stones thus far suggests to me he will continue to improve and that improvement will make him more valuable next summer. If Man U and maybe even European teams get involved in the bidding for him, his price goes through the roof. There's new TV money in 2016 as well.

Point is, I think it much more likely than not, say 90/10, that Stones sells for more in 2016 than he would have sold for in 2015. Obviously bad shit happens all the time, but I totally support Everton's approach to this situation.

excellent post

What does Lukaku and his comments in the past have to do with anything? You dismissed Marks point on the past just as your point regarding comments can be

What are you trying to get at? That Everton aren't a big club so they should sell when we have no need to and bend a knee as soon as a financially big club comes knocking?

Apply the same logic to your own side and see where you would end up you'd be languishing in the lower league's indefinitely

I think I'm realistic.

Everton aren't a top top club in England never mind a top club in Europe . Everton have had to sell players in the past.

Tottenham, Manchester United, arsenal, Liverpool have all had to sell players that they wouldn't have wanted to so why not Everton. You have done that before.

Realistically Everton aren't a champions league team and don't look like been one in the future.

Lukaku made comments was it last season saying that he hopes to sign for a top club in the future.

Did you just say Everton aren't a top top club then list Tottenham as one? Enough said.

With all respect most of that's before the likes of stones and Lukaku were born. How does it affect those players in the future? They aren't fans of the club

I kinda get the feeling that you Barnsley boys were getting all excited and planning what to do with the £6m+ you could have got... Tough, you along with chelsea and the media seem a little down about it.

He's ours, not Barnsleys, not chelseas he will probably go and watch you play when he isn't travelling around the country or representing his country. After all thats what Rooney does. You lot will probably be all excited and start saying "eh up John, when you gonna leave scouse land and earn us enough money to buy one of Wolves fringe players"

We are in a position to say no and we have exercised that right. You never know, with the squad we are building we could attract investment and have the 50000 seater stadium that the 4th most succesful club in england deserves and he may pop along and show you his medals.

Keep up the good work with the youngsters though, it could well see you go up a division, its key to hang on to them though....

I kinda get the feeling that you Barnsley boys were getting all excited and planning what to do with the £6m+ you could have got... Tough, you along with chelsea and the media seem a little down about it.

He's ours, not Barnsleys, not chelseas he will probably go and watch you play when he isn't travelling around the country or representing his country. After all thats what Rooney does. You lot will probably be all excited and start saying "eh up John, when you gonna leave scouse land and earn us enough money to buy one of Wolves fringe players"

We are in a position to say no and we have exercised that right. You never know, with the squad we are building we could attract investment and have the 50000 seater stadium that the 4th most succesful club in england deserves and he may pop along and show you his medals.

Keep up the good work with the youngsters though, it could well see you go up a division, its key to hang on to them though....

This has just smashed it!

I was just putting over a view without the blue tinted glasses of this forum.

Honestly I don't think it's good for Everton everythings that gone off.

Everton are a club that haven't sold a player that wanted to leave and could have got the second highest fee of any defender in the world.

Now other up and coming players will be thinking. I've got a,b and c to pick from. Say Tottenham Spurs and West Ham to choose from. tottenham have a proven record of developing players and when they want to leave they get a very good fee for them but don't hold them to ransom. Also a London club which is massive to a lot of players. West ham, a up and coming club that will be moving to a new stadium in London. Again given the chance they would develop a player and then sell him for a good fee.

Everton on the other hand, A northern club, okay developed players to a good level but won't let them go.

Hes got a big agent that plenty of contacts.

Everton are a club that haven't sold a player that wanted to leave and could have got the second highest fee of any defender in the world.

Now other up and coming players will be thinking. I've got a,b and c to pick from. Say Tottenham Spurs and West Ham to choose from. tottenham have a proven record of developing players and when they want to leave they get a very good fee for them but don't hold them to ransom. Also a London club which is massive to a lot of players. West ham, a up and coming club that will be moving to a new stadium in London. Again given the chance they would develop a player and then sell him for a good fee.

Everton on the other hand, A northern club, okay developed players to a good level but won't let them go.

The money being offered isn't enough though is it? He's worth at least £40m in this market.

Everton have continuously developed young players and let them go.... This is about the only time we've put our foot down. Which shows we're moving forward. Every player has their price but at £30m we'd have had our pants pulled down. If you want him pay the premium.... He has a 4 year contract not a 12 month one.

Don't forget we developed Stones to the player he is now. Barnsley had a hand in it but we put him on the map developed him at the top level. He owes us at least another season.

I think Haf nailed it.... You're just pissed off you aren't getting your sell on fee. Didums

Name me these players in recent times not the past as you were dismissive about just that and our clubs past previously that have been developed and left those clubs

Bale? Who else? Spurs are possibly one of if not the biggest graveyards for players around and Westham bar their new ground have what exactly to offer?

Your coming across clueless and bitter to be honest bar London being a draw ti some players your last post is fabricated nonsense

Edited by EFC-Paul

So in one breath he is being stopped developing by us even though he will play EVERY game for us in the same league then the next he may devalue, you can't have it both ways.

Are you his brother or something? Why are you coming on here crying like a fucking girl like he is some possesion that you own? He isn't your player any more, we paid you a fair fee for him snd have developed him in to the top player he is today yet you have the balls to say we're stopping his development!!

Leg it mate, you're coming on here like a like an obsessive kid bleating about a player who hasn't been yours for a good while now posting lines like "he's one of our own" He isn't one of your own he is OUR player now and we have a right to do what the fuck we want for him. You're not getting your 15% this season by the looks of it you'll probably get more next or the season after that after we have developed him FURTHER and he is truly ready to step on to a bigger stage.

Honest to god, take your John Stones undies off and take the posters off your wall because you're embarrassing yourself with this drivel. Dry your eyes and move on. It's got FUCK ALL to do with you or Barnsley what we do with him so get used to it.

Name me these players in recent times not the past as you were dismissive about just that and our clubs past previously that have been developed and left those clubs

Bale? Who else? Spurs are possibly one of if not the biggest graveyards for players around and Westham bar their new ground have what exactly to offer?

Your coming across clueless and bitter to be honest bar London being a draw ti some players your last post is fabricated nonsense

Carrick, Modric to name two more.

you're thick, it doesn't matter what the players want. they signed contracts and have to abide by them, end of story. we can choose to sell, we chose not to.

Look at suarez, same situation, 40m arsenal handed in request and was turned down. went for 75m to barca.

mate you will be happy with this decision next summer when he goes to barca, psg, real, bayern, etc for 40m+ and chelsea are left in the dust by their buying power and CL success. You'll get even more money and buy your way up to the championship.

Carrick, Modric to name two more.

That's a big list! I'm sure young players will take note of that when picking a potential move

I think your confusing giving a player a platform to move on with development Modric was top draw from start to finish with Spurs I'll give you Carrick but where's the rest of these players?

Bitter comes to mind at the end of the day you've spat your dummy out over your side not receiving a few million and been quite rude when people only days ago where praising your side

If I was you I'd concentrate on your own side and not something that as it stands now doesn't really concern you or Barnsley

Edited by EFC-Paul

To he fair he has a point.

Stones showed no loyalty to Barnsley. He left them without a whimper so I can see why they are upset.

We think we can look after the lad and build something with him. We are not going to buckle to the richer teams.

If Barnsley were in the position to do this....would you be so upset?

Yeah classy pro, lucky to have a living in the game never mind handing in transfer requests to a man who won league trophies.

You must be fuckin gutted.... £6m for a tiny club like Barnsley is like us getting £70m for stones.... Which we might after your club sell the % clause and he's played in the euro's....

Head, shoulders knees John stones, knees John stones!,

We are not the most hated club in the media just now. We are the favourites. We have given them plenty of page coverage. Which is great...because now every fucker around the world is reading about us on a daily basis and will be keeping an eye on us. Those not in the know, will become a bit inquisitive. Happy days.

BarnsleyFan, I think I kind of defended you the other night on another thread. Shame on me. Because today, you're being an arse. I can understand why. And let's not pretend it's because you have some deep lying affection for Stones and you're really passionate about his career progression. You, like any fan, want the best for your club. And the best for your club is....a nice £6 million sell on fee. Let's be honest, that's what's your really bothered about. From what I seen the other night, you and your club have plenty to look forward if you can keep hold of those youngsters (sounds familiar, doesn't it?!). So let me ask, what would you prefer...keep those young players and progress as a club to the next level or keep selling them, inflate the bank balance, but stay stuck where you are?

Let's get something else right too. In no way at all are we hypocrites. To be comparing our signing of Stones to Chelsea's chasing of Stones is so far wide of the mark. When we signed Stones from you...we were one of several clubs chasing him. We didn't speak about him in press conferences, we didn't spin stories, we didn't at all unsettle the player. We paid a more than fair fee and included a more than fair sell on fee. This is a stark comparison to how Chelsea and Jose have conducted 'business' in recent months. Everton have not done any harm to Stones. Chelsea, Jose, his agent and the media have. John Stones is in a brilliant close knit dressing room. With a manager who clearly genuinely cares and admires the lad, and will do all he can to look after him and progress him. There are many things wrong with Everton FC, but one thing I am really proud about is how we go about our transfer dealings. And how we look after our players.

That's the present. What about the future. One of the reasons I believe Martinez was so pissed off at half time at Barnsley is that I think he is placing a huge emphasis on winning silverware ASAP in order to keep this squad together. He knows, as we do, that if we don't deliver cups and European football, then he can't hope to keep this lot together. He's put a lot of pressure on himself, and I think it will bring the best out of him. However, I'm not sure we can turn it around quick enough to keep Stones. If he is deserving of it, he will move onto a richer club like Chelsea. Historically, we can offer more. But what we did 30 years ago is no good to a player who has a short career at the very top to win and achieve as much as possible. If we can't get up there, then no doubt he will move. At a higher value.

People who shout shit and boo are pure cretins who know fuck all about the morals of life.

At the end of the day, it's one player with one chance. We won't forever say no, just this time, for this year. Our clubs will be around for a lot longer than these players. What matters more?

I like the new Newty

Nothing new I'm afraid, I've not changed my old mucker! But stepping away from the forum for a few months (gave myself a pre season!!!), helped release the devil inside!!! Haha!!!

Was going to say it was awesome whilst you were away! OJ Newts!! Few good posts of late!

Edited by MC11

If Barnsley hadn't sold Stones, they would certainly have been guilty of holding a player back, ie a much bigger club and premiership and European football (fact)

Question is how are Everton holding back Stones !.He's playing in the best league in the world, next to an England captain, he's playing against some of the best strikers around, the same strikers he would be playing against if at Chelsea, the odd game in the champions league may be a small consideration but can be balanced against, if you listen to the media, Evertons defence aren't as good as the top 4......so Stones has to work harder for us......so making him a better player.

It's obvious, Everton ARE a bigger club than Barnsley......Chelsea ARE a richer club than Everton (not bigger)....Stones HAS had his head turned by money ( his football will not improve at Chelsea, how will it !).....Barnsley just want their pound of flesh.

Stones can earn more Money at Chelsea and will probably win a couple of trophies, but his actual game might not improve.He's signed a contract, Everton can strike a blow for the good of football, not giving in to the money men.Stones was happy enough to sign a long contract for Everton, why not ask Everton for a pay rise and actually go on to prove himself at this club.

If Barnsley hadn't sold Stones, they would certainly have been guilty of holding a player back, ie a much bigger club and premiership and European football (fact)

Question is how are Everton holding back Stones !.He's playing in the best league in the world, next to an England captain, he's playing against some of the best strikers around, the same strikers he would be playing against if at Chelsea, the odd game in the champions league may be a small consideration but can be balanced against, if you listen to the media, Evertons defence aren't as good as the top 4......so Stones has to work harder for us......so making him a better player.

It's obvious, Everton ARE a bigger club than Barnsley......Chelsea ARE a richer club than Everton (not bigger)....Stones HAS had his head turned by money ( his football will not improve at Chelsea, how will it !).....Barnsley just want their pound of flesh.

Stones can earn more Money at Chelsea and will probably win a couple of trophies, but his actual game might not improve.He's signed a contract, Everton can strike a blow for the good of football, not giving in to the money men.Stones was happy enough to sign a long contract for Everton, why not ask Everton for a pay rise and actually go on to prove himself at this club.

Someone has hacked blues account and put a bloody decent post in! :-)

For the record £125,000 a week is like winning the lottery he'd get over £30m from the deal, so I understand that he could essentially give his parents and siblings complete financial security. I would find it difficult to not go for that.

£30k a week is a lot of money but for his talent??? Titus bramble was on that at Wigan. The club have a decision to make though. If we keep him on that money then be sure he will be definitely going next summer or January. He would be pissed off playing in a major champs as the lowest paid player in the squad.

I'd put him on a structured deal, £50k a week performance related with loyalty bonuses that at least get him comfortable for the next couple of years.