IGNORED

John Stones

That's not a link mate. Where did you copy it from?

The official Everton twitter account says,

Roberto Martinez confirms he will reject John Stones's transfer request in the morning. 'Today was a match day, the game was more important'

The second part of it is a direct quote, if he wasn't talking about the transfer request what was he talking about? If some junior in the communications department had fucked up it would have been removed.

You're in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid Matt.

The official Everton twitter account says,

Roberto Martinez confirms he will reject John Stones's transfer request in the morning. 'Today was a match day, the game was more important'

The second part of it is a direct quote, if he wasn't talking about the transfer request what was he talking about? If some junior in the communications department had fucked up it would have been removed.

You're in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid Matt.

You're quoting twitter too?!

Already been over this, our communications department wouldn't bother to correct it, even if they had seen it.

Don't think asking for proof means I'm in cloud cuckoo land. Thats for twitter.

We are serious. Yes they can make up stuff and do repeatedly. Everton bid for such and such, Rm "we never had interest never talked to them, no idea what they're talking about". Fuck me pad the rags do make shit up all the time. Just yesterday newty posted sky saying john stones the Chelsea striker.

IT'S A DIRECT QUOTE FROM MARTINEZ HIMSELF MARK!!!' Are you telling me he is lying as well.

Why is that so hard to understand.

Deary me Matt. Carry on believing what you want mate that's up to you but you are very niave if you are refusing to believe it.

I give up with this lets just see what happens eh.

Naive? I'm not the one believing Twitter and the Mail!

Again, I repeat for the umpteenth time: I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying there's nothing substantial to back up the claim. Not a single shred of audio or video evidence where Martinez has said he will "reject it in the morning", nor a single audio or video source of the thing even being mentioned at the beginning of the story. Show many any of that, and I'll stop arguing. Until then, I'll continue being "naive" by not trusting Murdochs media machine and be much happier than most doing so :)

You're quoting twitter too?!

Already been over this, our communications department wouldn't bother to correct it, even if they had seen it.

Don't think asking for proof means I'm in cloud cuckoo land. Thats for twitter.

Matf, seriously mate I expect better from you.

Guest rusty747

I think any official response from Everton would just give the whole sorry saga fresh impetus.

As frustrating as it is for us fans, I believe the club are handling the matter well by not getting engaged in a public war of words with Chelsea. That is exactly what Chelsea's spin team would want and they aren't getting it. Meanwhile, the clock ticks down to the end of the transfer window.

Could be a very smart way to deal with the situation.

Edited by rusty747

Which interview. I've posted 2 and he's said nothing. Only "quotes" in the papers

Show me where. Audio or video.

I listened to Martinez interview on Talksport on the way home and he definately said he was asked if he understood why Stones had put in a transfer request and he said he fully understood and blamed it on the pressure being put on him from the medis circus

He also said he was rejecting it in the morning

I think any official response from Everton would just give the whole sorry saga fresh impetus.

As frustrating as it is for us fans, I believe the club are handling the matter well by not getting engaged in a public war of words with Chelsea. That is exactly what Chelsea's spin team would want and they aren't getting it. Meanwhile, the clock ticks down to the end of the transfer window.

Could be a very smart way to deal with the situation.

This. The club are in a very difficult position and they are trying to handle it the best way they can while managing games and working on transfer targets. I guess the problem lies in the fact that he said they would reject it in the morning and there hasn't been any official rejection other than the words from RM's interview which have been cut and pasted.

For me there was also the dig at the 'authorities' that if they won't do anything then the club will take it upon themselves to protect him.

This. The club are in a very difficult position and they are trying to handle it the best way they can while managing games and working on transfer targets. I guess the problem lies in the fact that he said they would reject it in the morning and there hasn't been any official rejection other than the words from RM's interview which have been cut and pasted.

For me there was also the dig at the 'authorities' that if they won't do anything then the club will take it upon themselves to protect him.

Not surprising though, there was never an official recognition.

Listebed to Talksport all the way home and all they talked about for the entire hour and a half journey was the John Stones saga

Jason Cundy was being a right prick saying that Everton were a disgrace for rejecting the transfer request and that we should let him go. He said Martinez was the worst manager in the legaue defensively and that Everton are ruining his carreer by not letting him learn from Mourinho

Slagged us off for making him play at Barnsley and said Stones should have refused to play

Listebed to Talksport all the way home and all they talked about for the entire hour and a half journey was the John Stones saga

Jason Cundy was being a right prick saying that Everton were a disgrace for rejecting the transfer request and that we should let him go. He said Martinez was the worst manager in the legaue defensively and that Everton are ruining his carreer by not letting him learn from Mourinho

Slagged us off for making him play at Barnsley and said Stones should have refused to play

Funny dunc isn't it. All the posters on ESPNfc who follow non-big4 clubs been talking about how proud they are of Everton, how it's about time someone gave the middle finger to the establishment and how we are building a nice young team to challenge them. Getting a lot of neutrals on our side with this.

Haha - I would love us to have a legal back bone and start suing people.

So lets get this right Jason Cundy thinks that football contracts are something that should be rendered null and void on the say so of a player???

I'm sure Cundy would have supported a clubs decision to just not pay him when his knee injury ended his career? Contracts protect the club and the player.

I hope Real come in for Hazzard and Courtois - lets see him then.

I could give a fuck whether he put in a request at all or not. The important thing is that in response to a reporter's question, "That sounds like a definitive he's not going?" Martinez responded, "Absolutely." That's all that matters. Stones is not leaving this window and nothing else should matter.

P.S. Can't find a way to link but the audio is on the official app for anyone to hear.

Edited by nyblue23