IGNORED

John Stones

I think of the effect on the club and manager will take a big hit if we sell stones

We have only just had the 5 year plan speech

and I asked how many would still be here in 2 years time ?

The rest of the good youngsters we have wont believe a word of it

and they will see us as a feeder club.

Guest rusty747

Anything less than keeping Stones and a Yarmolenko, or similar quality, signing and I will have lost the last bit of trust and belief I was hanging on to for our leadership.

I am sorry Bill's health is not good but there is something wrong with the entire management set up when we can end up in this situation less than a week from the end of the window.

I will reluctantly be joining the 'sack the board' camp if Stones is allowed to go.

Edited by rusty747

I think of the effect on the club and manager will take a big hit if we sell stones

We have only just had the 5 year plan speech

and I asked how many would still be here in 2 years time ?

The rest of the good youngsters we have wont believe a word of it

and they will see us as a feeder club.

Stones has asked for a Transfer, we haven't transfer listed him or tried to push him out. Surely it would be a worse sign keeping players that don't want to be here.

It shows that Everton are a good club to help you develop as a player.

Guest rusty747

Stones has asked for a Transfer, we haven't transfer listed him or tried to push him out. Surely it would be a worse sign keeping players that don't want to be here.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

He is contracted to play for us for another 4-5 years and will be a vital part of our development. Let him go and you may as well kiss goodbye to all of our other promising youngsters and put Barkley and Lukaku up for sale too.

We must keep Stones, even if it is in the Reserves to demonstrate our belief in ourselves as a club and to make a stand against the Chelsea bully boys.

Edited by rusty747

Other clubs have refused transfer requests and it has worked for them. It will work for us.

I get a feeling this was all planned. We was supposed to have bought all our players at beginning of the window. Then in the last month or so things have been going crazy with defenders and strikers being chased and Martinez talking about us needing three players. I personally think that Stones was a done deal a few weeks ago...

I am not a fan of one up front and think a pace strike partner would suit Lukaku. We have also need a Mikel Arteta type player who can control the game with vision and passing.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

He is contracted to play for us for another 4-5 years and will be a vital part of our development. Let him go and you may as well kiss goodbye to all of our other promising youngsters and put Barkley and Lukaku up for sale too.

We must keep Stones, even if it is in the Reserves to demonstrate our belief in ourselves as a club and to make a stand against the Chelsea bully boys.

amen brother spot on. hold on to him, have him play. he's a pro. as was mentioned multiple times already :shaking fist: by MikeO and myself, the Suarez situation is similar and by holding onto him they only benefitted. Some could argue same with Dortmund and Lewandowski. He helped them maintain CL and then left, they proved they aren't a selling club or Bayern's bitch.

I want us to do this.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Kinell Paul your penchant for Evans is worrying.

Belive me mate I don't want either but I feel there's a strong chance that Evans will be one player we bring in

Far from a fan if you read previous posts but if I had to have either going off cost to ability I'd take Evans over Jones but preferably neither!

Guest rusty747

Agree, if he was to stay £50-60k would be 'fair' based on what I would guess our pay structure is.

Offer him a new contract on double his current salary for another 5-6 years.

He's an old school CB, so he's not going to be a Stones replacement. I could handle it a bit better if CB is the only position he was used in though. All this talk about him being able to play numerous positions is bull; he really isn't able at all.

I'm starting to think I may have been on United's books in a past life and they let me go, because whenever we're linked with one of theirs I get pissed off :lol:.

For me its the huge psychological adjustment required to start cheering someone I hated with a vengeance because they played for Manure... and the mrs saying 'didn't you say ... about him', just to remind me like.

Love the way Roberto handled the post-match interview. Said "money can't buy everything," reiterated that Stones is a big part of the plans for the club going forward, and, when asked if he's for sale, said "no, not at all."

Edit: Seems many of us are happy with it!

Edited by JoeQuince

Mumbled through a little bit, but the gist I got from Martinez post match comments was that Stones won't be going.

'...money can't always get you everything'

'...massive part of what we are looking to do'

Is John Stones for sale? '...No, not at all'

I really hope we manage to stick to our guns on this!