IGNORED

John Stones

IF he puts in a transfer request, I'm pretty sure that makes him 'want away'.

There's no way of knowing how he will react, play etc. if we tell him to stay put.

My personal feeling is to get rid of players who put in requests. I don't know Stones, so maybe he would be ok with being told to wait another year?

But we'll see...whatever is best for the club.

If those close to him (family, friends etc) have told him to leave it's pretty much a done deal. Got to let him go after a request

Corrected that for you.

Though I still disagree. We still hold all the cards, the request effectively changes nothing.

He doesn't seem like a Lescott type but if we go off previous transfer requests it almost always happens (in the end). I think the only one that didn't materialise was when Gerrard handed one in at Liverpool. But there was so much more keeping him there. Far too much attachment to the club etc. Stones isn't an Evertonian.

I hope we tell him no. He's young enough that he absolutely needs top level game time to improve so he's in no position to pout or refuse to play. If he continues to improve and wants a transfer next August, we should deal him early in the window. Until then, he needs to get his ass on the field and play his best, because that's what's best for him and that's what's best for Everton.

Don't be silly. They refused his request, he had a blinding season and went for far more money than he would've done.

That's the point. thought it would be obvious.

Well no. Because all I'm on about is that once a player hands in a request, he tends to go.

I'm not sure what happened with Suarez, what agreement was reached with him etc or with Ronaldo at United.

Can we do the same thing? Tell him to stay one more year, if we don't ein the league, then go?!!!

But, yeah, admittedly it would be great to hold into him for a year, he has a belter, we win a cup or top 4, and his fee doubles.

Realistic? Not really. I can't see how he will become the most expensive defender in world football in one year.

Edited by Newty82

IF he puts in a transfer request, I'm pretty sure that makes him 'want away'.

There's no way of knowing how he will react, play etc. if we tell him to stay put.

My personal feeling is to get rid of players who put in requests. I don't know Stones, so maybe he would be ok with being told to wait another year?

But we'll see...whatever is best for the club.

You missed a word. I said "ANY want away player." He's a special kind of a want away player in that him putting in a request has shocked us all what with his performance and silence up to this point as well as his youth and general demeanor. There's no way of knowing how he'll act but there's nothing to indicate that he'll cause any ruckus. None of us know him, but more than likely this was agitated by his agent and if RM and Kenwright who, for are their faults, seem to be personnel masters (like how the fuck did they really convince Mirallas to stay and then sit him most of the first three games?), sit down with Stones personally and let him know where the club is and that they'll likely move him next summer, it seems Stones is likely to accept it and play on, at least until the January window. It's just too goddamn late with a defense as short-handed as ours.

If... No news since, same "story" circling for 6 hours or more. Do you not think that if "sources" knew what was going on, there might've bee a phone call or two suggesting contact about a sale by now?

Toffeetalk - for the kneejerk Evertonian. Chalk it up, Louis. That's got to be the 4th more accurate motto this year....

Ok. Well if it's nothing to do with us wanting him to submit a request then let's politely remind him he is contracted to us and we will look at things next year.

What's the worst that can happen? He's unlikely to kick up a fuss and spit his dummy out, it's the euro's next summer, he needs to get his head down.

As stated above a transfer request does not mean sell.

If... No news since, same "story" circling for 6 hours or more. Do you not think that if "sources" knew what was going on, there might've bee a phone call or two suggesting contact about a sale by now?

Toffeetalk - for the kneejerk Evertonian. Chalk it up, Louis. That's got to be the 4th more accurate motto this year....

And that is why some word from the club denying or confirming the story would've done wonders.

Some of the messages posted today have me baffled.

- First off, comments made to the Barnsley guy were disgraceful. Whatever happened to "thinking Evertonian"? A little decency costs nothing.

- Second, this is a transfer request. Request does not equal "done deal". Everton hold almost every card in this little game of poker.

- Third, football is a business. If a recruiter tells you they can triple your salary, would you ignore them? I can't believe anyone here would remain loyal to their company with such an offer on the table.

- Fourth, almost everything discussed so far is conjecture. There's no point crying over something that hasn't happened.

My main concern is that, behind the scenes, some shady shenanigans are going on. I don't mean anything with the board, but some of the billionaires that play around the Prem represent, shall we say, powerful interests. I would not be surprised if we aren't being held to ransom here - with power-brokers blocking our attempted transfers elsewhere until we give in to their demands. Fair? Of course not. Real life? You betcha. Anyone who's done business in the parts of the world represented by these owners knows exactly what I'm talking about.

What I want is EFC to publically say no as it's too late in the window. This season is too important for Stones with the Euros next summer so if he does mope about (which I'd hope he wouldn't) then it'll be to his detriment. We'll be in the position then to plan on the expected in-comings next summer or at least in January when the market is even more inflated! Sorry John but Everton hold all the aces here.