IGNORED

John Stones

Silly boy. Cost himself a good chunk of money and he will go to chelsea at a time when all eyes are on them - he can do without the pressure, for what they are paying they will want him to play straight away and any mistakes will be magnified.

Lets get £40m - if they don't offer that then see them in January. They need players.

But i would prefer 40 mil tonight so that we have time to get 3-4 players in

dont think for one second we will get that much - we will get £40m less 15% - then once the club havew swallowed what they want to take we will have about £20m to spend... of which the peo0ple selling will add on their "ooh youve got money and need a centre half"

If it is true and he wishes to leave and we do honor his request we still hold a very strong hand regarding the fee so milk them for as much as possible and we move on

Again if true I'd have loved him to stay as we are a few additions (looking unlikely atm) from a top young side but our side isn't solely reliant on Stones nor was it Lescott Rooney Arteta and so on we'll just have to hope the money is handed to Martinez and put to good use (wishful thinking)

Edited by EFC-Paul

If he wants to go let him go. I really can't be doing with another Lescott fiasco!

The main issue I have here is how the manager has left the said position thread bare. Releasing two centre halfs and not getting in a replacement "early" enough. We are now stuck with one centre half who actually wants to be here.

If he wants to go let him go. I really can't be doing with another Lescott fiasco!

The main issue I have here is how the manager has left the said position thread bare. Releasing two centre halfs and not getting in a replacement "early" enough. We are now stuck with one centre half who actually wants to be here.

I'd refuse it. Suarez did OK after having his turned down, club should show a pair of bollocks, we are under no obligation to sell.

I hate football.

I honestly never believed for a second he'd hand in a transfer request (if he has). Not to mention how late he's left it too. We've been struggling to bring in a back-up CB all summer, how are we going to manage to bring in a starter that replaces the quality of Stones?

I said there was still a chance we'd come out of the window stronger, now we definitely won't. I'm sure we'll do some business when we get the money in for him (it'll be £40m max now) but we won't bring in adequate quality, and I'm embarrassed that this will be the only way we were able to spend money this summer.

Feel like fucking football off in all honesty.

With reports in the past week of RM comments about "too late in the window to honor any transfer request," seems club should at least stick to guns until January window. Preferably until next summer. In fact, I'd guess many/most Everton supporters have before today accepted the likelihood that he'd be sold next summer for £40+ m.