IGNORED

John Stones

You can't blame the lad to be fair...

"Chelsea are offering the 21-year-old a five-year deal worth around £125,000 a week - four times his wages at Everton."

You really can't emotions aside on our part if I was at any club other than Everton and a big club offered those terms I'd be gone or want to be gone it's as simple as that

We've done right by the lad so far and you can't hold the club accountable that he's handed in a request the only parties involved that could be are Chelsea with their classless approach to it all and Stones with the timing of his request

As you say I'd like the club to make some form of statement West Brom instantly refused Spurs and their improved offer and made a public statement why can't we do the same?

That's the reason I think we will sell as the stance they've portrayed so far the unrest from the fans and the poor window we've had so far that's what you'd expect which doesn't look likely

But why couldn't he hand in the request a few weeks ago? This is shit-house tactics.

I personally suspect the club full well knew weeks ago he wants to go but he was asked to hand the request so late in the window that the f**kers who own the club can tell they didn't have time to spend the transfer money before TDD.

You really can't emotions aside on our part if I was at any club other than Everton and a big club offered those terms I'd be gone or want to be gone it's as simple as that

We've done right by the lad so far and you can't hold the club accountable that he's handed in a request the only parties involved that could be are Chelsea with their classless approach to it all and Stones with the timing of his request

As you say I'd like the club to make some form of statement West Brom instantly refused Spurs and their improved offer and made a public statement why can't we do the same?

That's the reason I think we will sell as the stance they've portrayed so far the unrest from the fans and the poor window we've had so far that's what you'd expect which doesn't look likely

Some of the people on Twitter absolutely astound me with this saying the board have forced him to hand this in. They blame EVERYTHING on the board. Their fucking car breaks down on the way to work it's the boards fault. I'm no board sympathiser but when people blame them for everything they just look stupid and all the perfectly valid arguments they have are diluted by thier blind hatred.

Why would Stones hand in a transfer request and lose his loyalty bonus to please the board, unless of course the board have offered to still pay him then they've obviously left it this late so they can steal the money etc etc.

The reality is his agent has pushed him in to it by talking to his family etc. i'm not saying it wont suit the board and I guarantee a chunk of that money will disappear but I honestly think the board had no intention of selling him this season. I truly believe that.

Don't you think the timing is quite convenient for all parties involved? We have been led to believe there's plenty of money for players without selling Stones, yet we have spent less than five million. Now Stones hands in the transfer request less than a week before TDD so there's no way the club can spend 50 million (Stones + the money we supposedly had already) in this time.

tumblr_l9dkmyZMvQ1qzvxm5.gif

Mate, if he wants to go to Chelsea and has handed in a request you are welcome to him. As much as I would like him to stay, nobodies bigger than the club. You'll pay £40 million but he is worth every penny of that probably more and he'll keep Terry getting splinters in his arse all season.

tumblr_l9dkmyZMvQ1qzvxm5.gif

Takes time to join a forum to post a gif of a player that's torn your own side a new shitter on multiple occasions in relation to a player you've not even signed yet... Window licker

Say hi to City's arse for me as that's all you classless plastic cunts will be looking at this season

Edited by EFC-Paul

Some of the messages posted today have me baffled.

- First off, comments made to the Barnsley guy were disgraceful. Whatever happened to "thinking Evertonian"? A little decency costs nothing.

- Second, this is a transfer request. Request does not equal "done deal". Everton hold almost every card in this little game of poker.

- Third, football is a business. If a recruiter tells you they can triple your salary, would you ignore them? I can't believe anyone here would remain loyal to their company with such an offer on the table.

- Fourth, almost everything discussed so far is conjecture. There's no point crying over something that hasn't happened.

My main concern is that, behind the scenes, some shady shenanigans are going on. I don't mean anything with the board, but some of the billionaires that play around the Prem represent, shall we say, powerful interests. I would not be surprised if we aren't being held to ransom here - with power-brokers blocking our attempted transfers elsewhere until we give in to their demands. Fair? Of course not. Real life? You betcha. Anyone who's done business in the parts of the world represented by these owners knows exactly what I'm talking about.

The Barnsley lad came on to gloat nothing more nothing less. Has he been posting asking about his development, taking an interest in how he's been playing, been an occasional passer by asking about Stones? No has he fucjk but the minute he hands in a transfer request he's posting with gobshite lines "he's one of us" at the end of every post!!!

He got exactly what was coming to him.

Mate, if he wants to go to Chelsea and has handed in a request you are welcome to him. As much as I would like him to stay, nobodies bigger than the club. You'll pay £40 million but he is worth every penny of that probably more and he'll keep Terry getting splinters in his arse all season.

That's refreshing to hear. A lot of Everton fans on social media frothing at the mouth about this should maybe take a step back and have a word with themselves - this is simply a guy making a career choice. The likes of them love playing some sort of moral superiority card but when they abuse Mourinho, Chelsea players, Chelsea, or the player himself, they're doing level headed supporters like yourself a disservice.

Speaking from a Chelsea point of view it'll be interesting to see what comes of this if we do get him. In the short term I'm not certain if we will slot straight in for either JT or Cahill - there is Zouma to think about, as also Ivanovic because Stones does play RB. However over the longer term he looks to have been earmarked to take over from JT, which is a big responsibility but also a step in the right direction because we're crying out for a more proactive and technical CB than our default duo.

Edited by MadmaxCFC

Everton are shit at communicating with the fans, absolutely shit.

The reason there's no public response is probably because we don't intend to reject the request unlike West Brom.

I'm 99% sure, that's true in this case.

More than anyone, I actually feel sorry for John. If he stays, he WILL be boo'd and made out to be the villain of the piece, probably lose his head and cost us some where long the season. If he goes, all his good work and performances will be forgotten.

Like Rooney or Lescott, he'll be the target of abuse but I genuinely believe on this occasion, this request was orchestrated.

so many similar reactions but I don't really understand the surprise.

Lets just lay this out.

WE HAVE NO MONEY

We have plenty of debit and loans coming out of our ears.

I don't know all the facts but it's clear from plenty of actual records of these things that we are having to repeatedly take any opportunity to fund the club short term.

Roberto Martinez may have told the world we are not selling John Stones but besides giving the impression of being hard ball on the sale there was never going to truth in it if the right price was offered.

We need that money and there is no doubt that we would sell him.

Whether Stones has asked to leave of his own account or whether he's been told he should put in a request for the good of the club I don't know but either way it ensures that when he leaves Everton don't look like bull shitters.

I think anyone that thinks we would just turn down whatever offer we get is very naive.

I'll be sad to see him go as he's a great talent who could have gone on to be a great long term centre back and maybe captain for us but unfortunately that's not the world we live in and the teams with the money quickly grab any young talent off of those who don't, particularly if they are English.

My only worry is over how much of the money we actually spend and what players we get with it.

That's refreshing to hear. A lot of Everton fans on social media frothing at the mouth about this should maybe take a step back and have a word with themselves - this is simply a guy making a career choice. The likes of them love playing some sort of moral superiority card but when they abuse Mourinho, Chelsea players, Chelsea, or the player himself, they're doing level headed supporters like yourself a disservice.

Speaking from a Chelsea point of view it'll be interesting to see what comes of this if we do get him. In the short term I'm not certain if we will slot straight in for either JT or Cahill - there is Zouma to think about, as also Ivanovic because Stones does play RB. However over the longer term he looks to have been earmarked to take over from JT, which is a big responsibility but also a step in the right direction because we're crying out for a more proactive and technical CB than our default duo.

With all due respect, you talk about being level headed and respectful but you come onto an Everton forum, which you had to register for, to post with opposition fans, a single GIF (of a player with no connection to your club) designed to wind people up.

If you'd have come on for constructive advice or information on the player, you may have been treated with a bit more respect. Your second post shows some signs of intellect, so it is you who has done yourself a disservice.

Don't piss people off at this time. Not worth it.

Talk of we are attempting to buy out his clause with Barnsley

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it's all been orchestrated from the off with how we've handled things in the past and the lack of funds we seem to always have available

If he goes for £40m plus £5m add ons then so be it that add on fee would be a large chunk of what Barnsley would receive if the clause isn't bought out but I'd be surprised of we saw more than £15/20m of that reinvested

At the end of the day, he's quadrupling his wages and is going to win trophies. Our club sadly lacks leadership that has any ambition and is happy to tread water. Without getting in to that though you can't blame anyone for wanting to better their career. I wish he would stay as we have a core of young players capable of building a team around but the harsh reality is they will all be picked off one by one by the vultures corcling them and unless we get major investment that is how it will continue. Sooner our fans wake up to this the better.

I wish the lad good luck I really do, as I say I want him to stay but if his hearts not in it, fuck him. Bigger and better than him have come and gone nobody is bigger than the club.

If you get him though he really will keep Terry out the team, he's a special player I've watched him in the flesh since he broke in to the side and he is going to be a very special player. He's still raw and learning but he's one of the best young players I've seen at Everton and I've been watching them 35 years. He's just got that little something about him that little dxtra bit that all special players have.

It was crass the way Chelsea have courted him all summer even the most hardened Chelsea fan if they were honest would have to admit that but then we are back to the fact nice guys don't win. It's all well and good having honour and integrity but it doesn't win you football matches and if Everton were in Chelseas position I doubt our fans would be screaming if we wanted a player that bad and done whatever it took to get him.

Harsh reality of life I'm afraid. Money talks not history.

With all due respect, you talk about being level headed and respectful but you come onto an Everton forum, which you had to register for, to post with opposition fans, a single GIF (of a player with no connection to your club) designed to wind people up.

If you'd have come on for constructive advice or information on the player, you may have been treated with a bit more respect. Your second post shows some signs of intellect, so it is you who has done yourself a disservice.

Don't piss people off at this time. Not worth it.

No, I don't take words on the internet seriously, unlike the bloke who called me a window licker for having a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting 'respect' - it's an internet board, lol.

Was I winding you lot up? Sure. Does that invalidate what I said about the hypocritical morons on twitter etc who very seriously throw words like 'classless' around? No.

Oh, why would Stones hand in a transfer request and forfeit his bonus? Because it's certain Chelsea has already promised to pay him:

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/27894/john-stones-deal-done-and-dusted-chelsea-can-offer-so-much-more-than-everton/

That contradicts your (and others) previous assertions that our board has orchestrated it though doesn't it? Make your mind up.