IGNORED

John Stones

It makes no sense to sell this summer. No time for a replacement, long enough on his contact to wait a year or two and by then he'll be worth more.

Stones

McCarthy Barkley

Lukaku

The above is potentially good enough to get us to top 4 and beyond in two years if we build around them well.

It makes no sense to sell this summer. No time for a replacement, long enough on his contact to wait a year or two and by then he'll be worth more.

Stones

McCarthy Barkley

Lukaku

The above is potentially good enough to get us to top 4 and beyond in two years if we build around them well.

You can forget this "potential top 4". No-one outside of Everton want to see that. They want 4 top teams and 16 feeder clubs. McCarthy is not good enough, but if this status quo is disturbed the media, agents etc. will make sure that Lukaku and/or Barkely are sold before that happens. And the club seems happy to oblige.

Oh, why would Stones hand in a transfer request and forfeit his bonus? Because it's certain Chelsea has already promised to pay him:

How? Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Opinion 1. Everton asked him to put in the request to avoid paying him loyalty bonus.

Opinion 2. Chelsea will pay him his loyalty bonus so he has no need of it from Everton.

How is there no connection? The connection is who is going to pay him, them or us.

No, I don't take words on the internet seriously, unlike the bloke who called me a window licker for having a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting 'respect' - it's an internet board, lol.

Was I winding you lot up? Sure. Does that invalidate what I said about the hypocritical morons on twitter etc who very seriously throw words like 'classless' around? No.

It may be fun for yourself but you've joined a forum to basically take the piss no two ways about it as Ten said if you came on with your second post then fair enough but you didn't

People will use the word classless and rightly so the way your smacked arse manager goes about his business and the club itself is just that

If you want constructive information on the lad or how we feel about the situation then ask away but don't come on taking the piss then trying to take the morale high ground as it won't wash

pad you cant stop being Everton because john stones has put a transfer request in.

Everton should tell stones he is staying and leave him at home tonight and let him stew.

I was talking about the silence from the club Patto mate, not a word then they snnounce 3rd kits on sale like HALLELUJAH!!

If Stones wants to go mate, I say let him

Opinion 1. Everton asked him to put in the request to avoid paying him loyalty bonus.

Opinion 2. Chelsea will pay him his loyalty bonus so he has no need of it from Everton.

How is there no connection? The connection is who is going to pay him, them or us.

Opinion 3. Buying club is well known to pay that by everyone in the game. Everton would have had to pay it without the transfer request. It's also convenient for them as they can say he wanted to move, we couldn't do anything.

What this "who pays him" has to do with anything is completely irrelevant.

Opinion 3. Buying club is well known to pay that by everyone in the game. Everton would have had to pay it without the transfer request. It's also convenient for them as they can say he wanted to move, we couldn't do anything.

What this "who pays him" has to do with anything is completely irrelevant.

Then why did you bring it up :huh:?

Southampton got raped for half their team and look how they responded last year.

We are talking 1 defender for 40 million.

Take the money and lets move on.

Alternatively, look how it worked out for Spurs having sold Bale.

The Sun are reporting that Elstone has been in touch with Barnsley attempting to purchase the 15% sell-on fee clause from them.

That's refreshing to hear. A lot of Everton fans on social media frothing at the mouth about this should maybe take a step back and have a word with themselves - this is simply a guy making a career choice. The likes of them love playing some sort of moral superiority card but when they abuse Mourinho, Chelsea players, Chelsea, or the player himself, they're doing level headed supporters like yourself a disservice.

Speaking from a Chelsea point of view it'll be interesting to see what comes of this if we do get him. In the short term I'm not certain if we will slot straight in for either JT or Cahill - there is Zouma to think about, as also Ivanovic because Stones does play RB. However over the longer term he looks to have been earmarked to take over from JT, which is a big responsibility but also a step in the right direction because we're crying out for a more proactive and technical CB than our default duo.

You don't want him playing right back...trust

Wish stones all the best and I'm sure any one of us would want to move for all the money and trophies...just a bit of a cunt stunt not to do it 2 weeks ago or whenever the interest was made

The Sun are reporting that Elstone has been in touch with Barnsley attempting to purchase the 15% sell-on fee clause from them.

are Barnsley stupid? why sell a sell on clause??? clearly it would be done so that there is an advantage to the buyer.... get back under your sun lamp bob.

No, I don't take words on the internet seriously, unlike the bloke who called me a window licker for having a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting 'respect' - it's an internet board, lol.

Was I winding you lot up? Sure. Does that invalidate what I said about the hypocritical morons on twitter etc who very seriously throw words like 'classless' around? No.

I think the word classless is very appropriate for your club. You have very little history other than the premier league era where the London millions and the russian rubles have turned you into some "chav like" lottery winners.

The way Chelsea behave smacks of some stella swigging yob who won £20m on the lotto and decided to buy a country estate. Whilst the longer established neighbours get on with their activities in a classy quiet manner, the Chelsea chav has a chip on his shoulder, he knows he doesn't truly belong among those who have an extended history, he knocks on their front door waving £50 notes asking if they want to sell their range rover to him - he doesn't know a good car he just sees people drive one so he wants it.

From Manager to players your club just smacks of arrogance and it has made you a very unpopular club, no wonder the fans have a chip on their shoulders. You could go and win back to back leagues but you will never be considered a grand club. Your fan base is pretty much made up of:-

15% - the old firm, a few headhunters who argue that the 80's were better when all the business men weren't eating prawn butties.

60% - the prawn butty bunch - drop into mid table and watch them go and follow rugby or something

25% - the fifa/football manager generation. Everything is about money and a players pace and skill ratings on a computer.

which one are you?

Guest rusty747

Knowing Everton we will probably pay 20 million to purchase the 15% sell on clause - and ask to pay in installments of course!

Bale was 20 plus goals so not a defender. You could say Suarez then if that's where you are going.

We will not score any less goals selling a defender. Not many clubs will let in 20+ more goals minus 1 defender.

This is a gap that can be easily be plugged.

John Stones being sold is not the end of the world. I am very pissed off but make the correct signings and all will be okay again.

John who????

Bale was 20 plus goals so not a defender. You could say Suarez then if that's where you are going.

We will not score any less goals selling a defender. Not many clubs will let in 20+ more goals minus 1 defender.

This is a gap that can be easily be plugged.

John Stones being sold is not the end of the world. I am very pissed off but make the correct signings and all will be okay again.

John who????

Disagree here for a few reasons:-

• Regardless of whether you think we will socre or concede less or more with or without John is irrelvant, this is an opportunity for us to stand up for ourselves. The change the media perception of us, to stop the boring "everton have young talent will sell to man united or chelsea"

• We will not replace him in a cost effective manner at this stage - this season is massive, TV money is next year and will make the £40m for stones seem like the £10m for arteta. Stones value will not fall - he is too good. and too professional

• Part of me wants him sold at a pittance and the money not reinvested as I want this board smoked out and I want investigations and a "full" audit ran on the finances from expenditure to recipient to invoices. But no - this is a big moment in our recent history, we have a great youth back bone and I want him retained.

• Any money we get will be spent at an inflated price. - no bargains, Johnny Evans at £12-15m etc etc, add on agents fees etc and that is £17m in elstone talk. leaving about £8m for a bog standard attacking mid.

are Barnsley stupid? why sell a sell on clause??? clearly it would be done so that there is an advantage to the buyer.... get back under your sun lamp bob.

They may need the money now. We may have the stance that we're keeping him this year and he may be worth more come next summer. Giving Barnsley say £5m now may save us money long term and settle Stones for longer if, as Barnsley fans believe, he is one of their own.

Disagree here for a few reasons:-

• Regardless of whether you think we will socre or concede less or more with or without John is irrelvant, this is an opportunity for us to stand up for ourselves. The change the media perception of us, to stop the boring "everton have young talent will sell to man united or chelsea"

• We will not replace him in a cost effective manner at this stage - this season is massive, TV money is next year and will make the £40m for stones seem like the £10m for arteta. Stones value will not fall - he is too good. and too professional

• Part of me wants him sold at a pittance and the money not reinvested as I want this board smoked out and I want investigations and a "full" audit ran on the finances from expenditure to recipient to invoices. But no - this is a big moment in our recent history, we have a great youth back bone and I want him retained.

• Any money we get will be spent at an inflated price. - no bargains, Johnny Evans at £12-15m etc etc, add on agents fees etc and that is £17m in elstone talk. leaving about £8m for a bog standard attacking mid.

You missed my point. You can't compare the sale of Bale to Stones. What i'm trying to say is, i personally think that getting a replacement in for a centre back is easier than a Bale type player.

I understand all the politics about making a stand,media perception and feeder club etc etc. I would love nothing more than for us to make a stand, stop selling and build a team.

In reality we are still a feeder club and we will continue to try and hold onto players until the request to leave comes in.

I think if we get a half decent defender in and 2 attacking minded players we will be okay. Maybe not stronger but we can move on.