IGNORED

John Stones

I'd love to have a peer into our murky accounts once Stones leaves (which he will).

I wonder if Bill tells John Stones to submit a transfer request so that the club can say "we tried our hardest to keep him"

John would lose his loyalty bonus but I wonder if there is a ex gratia payment upon him leaving replacing said bonus

We probably owe money on Lukaku

Barnsley will get there 15%

What will be left over after paying off some more debt?

Feck all

You missed my point. You can't compare the sale of Bale to Stones. What i'm trying to say is, i personally think that getting a replacement in for a centre back is easier than a Bale type player.

I understand all the politics about making a stand,media perception and feeder club etc etc. I would love nothing more than for us to make a stand, stop selling and build a team.

In reality we are still a feeder club and we will continue to try and hold onto players until the request to leave comes in.

I think if we get a half decent defender in and 2 attacking minded players we will be okay. Maybe not stronger but we can move on.

Stones gives us so much of as platform to play the way Martinez wants us to. Its like selling Mirallas or Deulofeu and brining in Kevin Kilbane.

Stones gives us so much of as platform to play the way Martinez wants us to. Its like selling Mirallas or Deulofeu and brining in Kevin Kilbane.

Okay Haf a question for you. Selling what player this week would have the biggest negative effect for the rest of the season? A- Lukaku or B- Stones

Jeffers was hardly a big name nor talent he was a poacher with abit of pace Rodwell had the potential but never lived upto it here nor was he a loss and Ball was before my time

We are not a feeder Club it's an assumption or opinion angry fans throw around we've sold players as have everyone else

Jeffers was hardly a big name nor talent he was a poacher with abit of pace Rodwell had the potential but never lived upto it here nor was he a loss and Ball was before my time

We are not a feeder Club it's an assumption or opinion angry fans throw around we've sold players as have everyone else

Sorry to break the news but deep down we are still a feeder club. Michael Ball not Alan. I'm not that old either.

Okay Haf a question for you. Selling what player this week would have the biggest negative effect for the rest of the season? A- Lukaku or B- Stones

well my assessment in that case is this "which one of those 2 players is going to be world class and is tougher to replace?"

There are not many John Stones around, a player that you can build a team and its philosophy around. He is as close to a world class talent that we will have aside Barkley and since Rooney.

I think it would be far easier to replace Rom, and to be fair to the lad our system does not suit him. Whereas stones is made for martinez.

Every single year the top clubs would look at Stones, he is a class act, simple as that.

My point was that that logic is bollocks.

I agree with that mate

What makes a feeder club Milesey? Name me the players that have been developed here improved or had the obvious potential to thqt have been sold on?

Every club buys and sells young players or those of exceptional talent

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think a feeder club represents a club that needs to sell its best players in order to survive and operate.

Do we need to sell stones? I don't think we do, the TV money alleviates that need.

The choice to sell stones reflects "ambition" and it is fair to say we lack that.

So I wouldn't say we are a feeder club, just a club with no direction or strength if we do sell him.

You missed my point. You can't compare the sale of Bale to Stones. What i'm trying to say is, i personally think that getting a replacement in for a centre back is easier than a Bale type player.

I understand all the politics about making a stand,media perception and feeder club etc etc. I would love nothing more than for us to make a stand, stop selling and build a team.

In reality we are still a feeder club and we will continue to try and hold onto players until the request to leave comes in.

I think if we get a half decent defender in and 2 attacking minded players we will be okay. Maybe not stronger but we can move on.

We'll be ok really?

I'm sorry but I just hope the gravitational pull of the denseness of your brain does not attract other fools to it.

We have 2 CB at the club plus some promising but in no way ready to play in the PL.

If we sell Stones we will then be left with just Jags, we will have to purchase other CB's at inflated prices as other clubs will know we have the Stones money. Even if we get 2 new quality CB's, they will need time to bed in, and all the time we will have to face teams looking to take advantage.

How long then before other players also decide that the Everton project is not what it seems and ask to leave?

Unless we have deals and prices in place then we must hold firm and let him go next season.

I agree with that mate

What makes a feeder club Milsey? Name me the players that have been developed here improved or had the obvious potential to thqt have been sold on?

Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell, Arteta...

We'll be ok really?

I'm sorry but I just hope the gravitational pull of the denseness of your brain does not attract other fools to it.

We have 2 CB at the club plus some promising but in no way ready to play in the PL.

If we sell Stones we will then be left with just Jags, we will have to purchase other CB's at inflated prices as other clubs will know we have the Stones money. Even if we get 2 new quality CB's, they will need time to bed in, and all the time we will have to face teams looking to take advantage.

How long then before other players also decide that the Everton project is not what it seems and ask to leave?

Unless we have deals and prices in place then we must hold firm and let him go next season.

Love it " denseness of your brain"

Lets' just all slit our wrist and cry over it then!!

We have just signed Mori and hopefully will get another to add to Jags and Browning as our CB'S.. Not ideal but that's where we are

I think if Stones is sold we should see what comes in before crying.

Hey what do i know being this dense????

Love it " denseness of your brain"

Lets' just all slit our wrist and cry over it then!!

We have just signed Mori and hopefully will get another to add to Jags and Browning as our CB'S.. Not ideal but that's where we are

I think if Stones is sold we should see what comes in before crying.

Hey what do i know being this dense????

I apologise, I was a tad harsh.

My point however stands that now matter how stiff our upper lip is, no matter how sunny our disposition, if we let Stones go now it will cost us.

Mori, may be a good player but he has never played in the PL, he will have to adapt to the pace as well as the way we play, The same will probably apply to any other CB we purchase. This will take time that we don't have, and cost us points and confidence.

I accept that Stones will go at some point, but it should be at a time of our choosing, when we can get replacements in and give them time to bed in.

Edited by London Blue

I agree with that mate

What makes a feeder club Milsey? Name me the players that have been developed here improved or had the obvious potential to thqt have been sold on?

My take on a feeder club. 1- Bringing players through the youth set up (Rooney,Rodwell) to u21's eventually in the 1st team starting 11. Players with extreme talent that are destined to play for clubs that are in the champions league and winning titles. 100% profit.

2. Bringing in players and then developing them into even better players. Players that other Prem clubs wouldnt take a chance on ( Gravesen,Fellaini,Lescott,Dacourt,Arteta and more ). Then selling them on for a profit.

I think we do both so are we not a feeder club?

I apologise, I was a tad harsh.

My point however stands that now matter how stiff our upper lip is, no matter how sunny our disposition, if we let Stones go now it will cost us.

Mori, may be a good player but he has never played in the PL, he will have to adapt to the pace as well as the way we play, The same will probably apply to any other CB we purchase. This will take time that we don't have, and cost us points and confidence.

I accept that Stones will go at some point, but it should be at a time of our choosing, when we can get replacements in and give them time to bed in.

No worries.

Stones hasn't gone anywhere yet so we all could be getting our knickers in a twist for no reason.

Edited by milesey05

Ultimately the club NEED money and the only way we can get that money is to sell our prized assets.

We've already sold the training ground, mortgaged out the stadium and we take loans on the forthcoming tv money long before we get it.

The only thing left is players and if the right offer comes in for a player worth enough to help balance the books and give a bit back to the manager then that is what they will do.

It will continue to happen all of the time unless we suddenly come into money

With the exception of Rooney how many of those young players have gone on to be a success after leaving. Arteta did well but he was at his peak and close to being at the end of his contract when he left.

The likes of Rodwell left too early, Ball could have been a decent player but had some serious injury problems.

For the club and for Stones I would like to see him stay for anopther year but I think his agent is the one pushing hard for him to leave seeing the ££ signs is too strong.

Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell, Arteta...

Again Rodwell wasn't as big a talent as some had hoped or thought I never thought he was personally when he was here he was simply a sale in my eyes Rooney being the exception of those mentioned and in selling we moved on and improved from it

Lescott and Arteta where established players and one wanted out bar Arteta in my eyes it was nothing more than good business from the club as apposed to being a "feeder club"

Edited by EFC-Paul