IGNORED

The Foxes (home)

Deacs

Fair point.

I just think he needs at least rill the end of the season. Looking more to the long term plan.

And I take that point too. My big fear though is we won't be able to keep this team together if we finish mid-table again. Then the long-term plan is in tatters.

We're one of the few clubs that will give a manager time. Right now it feels like hard time as a fan :(

Only after the second goal did our players look to have fire in their bellies. Too soft all season. We need a change.

We need a twat of a player who tears into the others. Every time on fantasy football so.eone always picks a player who they played with who is a leader. We haven't got a leader.

And I take that point too. My big fear though is we won't be able to keep this team together if we finish mid-table again. Then the long-term plan is in tatters.

We're one of the few clubs that will give a manager time. Right now it feels like hard time as a fan :(

This is my worry. I'm expecting an exodus if we don't start getting CL. Players like Barkley, Stones, and Lukaku want to be there and teams are already wanting them that are there.

We got beat by a team who only had 33% possession. Doesn't that tell you anything Martinez? All this fancy passing is pointless with no end product.

Only two teams have scored more goals than us this season (City-one more-and Leicester). There's plenty of end product, that's not the problem.

We've deserved more out of the last four matches. Even today, I think we earned a draw. However, deserve doesn't matter and when it becomes a habit, like is seems like it is, maybe it is time to have a talk about the manager. Also, Kone and Howard need to pick up hamstring "injuries" in training this week. Kev showed more finishing in his 10 minutes than Kone has in the past 4 games.

Fucking seething here.

Leicester were absolutely shite, we gifted them the win. They didn't even have to try for it.

Barkley, Cleverley, Kone, and Martinez I wouldn't care if they were pushed off Mount Everest at this moment in time.

Those 3 because they were god awful. And Martinez because at 1-1 he should've been making changes so we could go on to win the game. Instead he fucking dallies like a turd and they go on to win.

I feel like breaking things.

It seems as if we need to try to win matches 4-3, as our defense is so disorganized. I suppose Roberto's reputation is that his offensive schemes are creative, but he just doesn't emphasize defending. Some pretty basic errors today, and habitually we seem to allow opposing players lots of space with the ball moving toward our goal. Don't close down effectively.

I was thrilled with his appointment, but just have no confidence in him these days. The Kone-Mirallas saga is discouraging, to put it kindly.

I doubt he'll be dismissed, but I don't see how one could claim he's doing a good job this season. Don't want to excuse all of the players, some of whom I've apparently overrated. Virtually all opposing teams appear to be more aggressive, energetic, determined.

I'm happy I didn't get a chance to see the 2nd half. Sounds like more of the same. We control the ball, but we can't control the tempo. We are organized as can be offensively, but we don't defend as a team. This is why we can't see games out. We're a strange mix this season.

All is not lost though. We aren't drastically off the pace of the rest of the league. We just need to tighten up defensively and start managing games. This will turn our close losses into draws and our draws into wins.

For those thinking today means we are in the end times, please grow up.

We need a twat of a player who tears into the others. Every time on fantasy football so.eone always picks a player who they played with who is a leader. We haven't got a leader.

Hard to think who we could bring in to do it, and whether nice guy Martinez had the people skills to work with someone who just wants to win and doesn't listen to the bull shit.

Always been gutted we missed out on Bellamy, we've not had a driving force for too long.

Only two teams have scored more goals than us this season (City-one more-and Leicester). There's plenty of end product, that's not the problem.

I still think the players still need to take some responsibility. People have mentioned struggling to keep the likes of Stones and Coleman but unless they start defending we'll struggle to take all the points. I think it'll click soon and we'll go on a good run.

Martinez looked under pressure tonight and so he should. Palace, Leicester pissing on us and we are about 6 points off relegation candidates. One win four? At the start of the season I said he has had one good season and one bad give him to chrimbo this year and see where we are. With this squad we should be smashing it. New year comes and we are more than six points off top six he should go

all them teams won today so they can't be that bad and 1 is 5 points clear at the top.

We need a bit of luck in games and we aren't getting any.

Massive cop out. You earn luck in football, we are simply not working hard enough to earn any and haven't since ww threw away a two goal lead against Arsenal last season.

Hafnia reckons we need a twat of a player to get about them. I say we need a twat of a manager to really get into our dressing room. I'd give my right one for Bielsa to come in, let Swansea have Martinez back.

Martinez has questioned the two penalty decisions. I can't comment on the second penalty because I was down the other end, and I refuse to watch anything back about yesterday, but the first one was right in front of me and there is absolutely nothing to question. It was very poor defending from Mori and a stonewall penalty.

Martinez has questioned the two penalty decisions. I can't comment on the second penalty because I was down the other end, and I refuse to watch anything back about yesterday, but the first one was right in front of me and there is absolutely nothing to question. It was very poor defending from Mori and a stonewall penalty.

So was the second.

Dust has now settled after a frustrating afternoon in the Bullens. Leicester were ok, nothing more nothing less but we gave them a couple of penalties and their third was dodgy. We didn't play badly at all but some individual defensive errors are costing us, could do with Jagielka back sooner rather than later and maybe a January signing to bolster things. Mori's done ok considering he probably wasn't purchased with a view to starting him this early but doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either.

The return of Mccarthy's tackling will be welcome, thought Barry and Barkley were our best yesterday, Geri had an off day (he's entitled to one, he's been great) and Kone should have been subbed earlier. For the bloke posting 'he should have brought Naismith on', he wasn't a sub yesterday so presumably is being kept back for a January transfer or is injured.

I don't want Martinez out, we play entertaining football with a few howlers thrown in. Minimum I would give him is at least another year. Merry Christmas to all.

You cant blame the manager for hitting the woodwork three times against palace and not scoring 5 in the first half against Norwich plus both keepers in them games made excellent saves if we look to blame someone it's the players.

yesterday they weren't in the game till Mori gave a stupid penalty away,I do think we need a couple of changes and im sure jags robles and Mirallas could help leaving out Kone Howard and Mori plus we have McCarthy to come back.

You're right those players would make a real difference to the side.

Problem is though he won't play Robles or Mirallas.

You cant blame the manager for hitting the woodwork three times against palace and not scoring 5 in the first half against Norwich plus both keepers in them games made excellent saves if we look to blame someone it's the players.

yesterday they weren't in the game till Mori gave a stupid penalty away,I do think we need a couple of changes and im sure jags robles and Mirallas could help leaving out Kone Howard and Mori plus we have McCarthy to come back.

But we need another striker and playmaker.

I'd agree with you if these were one offs. The errors and not turning possession and chances into victories have been going on since the start of last season.

On McCarthy, we went on a dreadful run when he was out last season too. He's absolutely vital to us, my question would be why is Martinez using Cleverley as cover for him? They are totally different players. Is Besic fit?

I'd agree with you if these were one offs. The errors and not turning possession and chances into victories have been going on since the start of last season.

On McCarthy, we went on a dreadful run when he was out last season too. He's absolutely vital to us, my question would be why is Martinez using Cleverley as cover for him? They are totally different players. Is Besic fit?

Besic was on the bench yesterday, so Martinez would probably say he's physically fit but not match fit. Or some other sort of fit.

We have to give Martinez till at least the end of season,if it hasn't improved bring in another manager.

there's bound to be some available.

would a trophy make a difference to these players I'm sure it would so fingers crossed.

It would certainly make a difference to the fans.

We done that last year, the team encouraged a more direct approach and we seen an improvement. Unfortunately Martinez has gone back to his old principles. He's had his chance, but is to emotionally attached to tippy tappy. He's used the same eleven for four games in a row with the same tactics and we we keep getting the same result. He's mad.

We have to give Martinez till at least the end of season,if it hasn't improved bring in another manager.

there's bound to be some available.

Why is it required to give him to the end of the season? The writing is on the wall NOW. Results are not good enough, and unless changes are made, EFC will continue down this path of mediocrity. Its not good enough, plain and simple. Unless its already too late, we will lose Stones, Rom, Ross, Gerri, etc. Why would these lads want to play for a non-champions League team that consistently hovers about the 10th place region on the table? Loyalty and love for the club only goes so far, and with the prospect of greener grass being dangled like a carrot in front of their noses, how can you blame them? THEN where will we be on the table when we lose the talented young stars of this team? I believe the end of the season is way too much time for Martinez. Get results over the Xmas period, or make drastic changes starting with a new manager.

Edited by chalkpie

I was at the game on Saturday in one of my all to rare pilgrimages home. I have to say in some elements of the game we played well. We retained possession well, moved the ball quite quickly and intelligently. We dominated large parts of the game, we created a few chances, but not enough considering how many times we got the ball into dangerous positions. Part of this was due to Leicester being well organised in defense, but mostly this was due to us lacking a creative edge in the middle of the park.

Playing with only one winger (Deulofeu) meant we are lob sided, especially if Kone doesn't play well, which is what happend. Deulofeu got upset by their full back constantly pulling and niggling at him. Instead of keeping cool, he decided the game wasn't for him and drifted out of the game. Unfortunately for us Kone was at his worst, he was slow and ponderous and his touch poor. Many attacks broke down because of his poor play.

I was sat behind Martinez and saw him try to encourage Deulofeu but he was ignored, blanked, Deulofeu was like a petulant child. He is young and clearly highly strung but the manager should have handled it better.

He should have also seen how ineffective Kone was and taken him off for Mirallas, (who seem to be on a job share).

I personally think Barkley and Cleverley played well, but as we lacked creative outlet and as the game wore on and attacks broke down they took more and more on and ended up trying to do too much, which led to stupid risks with the ball and giving possession away.. I don't know why Martinez refuses to play with Mirallas and Deulofeu or Lennon from the start but it really costs us. If Kone doesn't play well the whole thing falls apart.

I agree that we gave Leicester the points and the goals. Both pens were soft especially the first, and their third should be on the highlight reel for the NBA the handball was that blatant. But I am pleased how we came back after the first. Howards mistake cost us, if you are going to come for the ball you have to get it, how he didn't make contact with the ball I will never know. Playing with 2 young center backs was always going to be a risk but I genuinely think we were unlucky. The Ref was a complete cunt, infact he should have put a Leicester shirt on to make it official.

Martinez needs to learn to let go of his tried and sometimes successful tactics and players, namely Kone and Howard when they are not playing well, and be bold in using subs when things are not working. If he cant do that then he needs to go - now.

We have the makings of a top 4 team, we just need to cut out the silly mistakes and poor team selections and refusal to see the obvious. We desperately need a creative center mid to assist Barkley and take some of the pressure off of him.