IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Let’s be clear: this story is currently nothing more than a rumour.

But it’s a rumour many Everton fans are praying is true.

The day after the FA Cup semifinal defeat to Manchester United at Wembley, Everton fans are spreading rumours that Roberto Martinez has been sacked.

(direct quote that makes sense)

I wasn't impressed with Robles when he started playing for Everton. Over the months he seems to have just got better.

I agree but for me he's still not worth a permanent starting place, coming round to thinking he may be a decent number two, possibly number one in the future; still very young in 'keeper terms.

I agree but for me he's still not worth a permanent starting place, coming round to thinking he may be a decent number two, possibly number one in the future; still very young in 'keeper terms.

He has been one of the plus points this season, his performances have grown and I am no longer as nervous as I was when he started playing. I think he has the potential to be our No 1, but he needs competitive football so either stick with him or loan to champ or equivalent team.

Joel has just liked the photo, nothing to do with the comments underneath.

I've heard that is he is sacked after 1st June his pay off will £2m less than if he was sacked right now.

the 2m could be covered by not dropping further down the table.

Starting to get frustrated by this. Deafening silence in terms of paper rumours. What is our board playing at? This is not something you dither over. Worst season at home in 140 years of proud history? Thank you very much, here's your P45. Kenwright is going to find the heat turns on him pretty quickly if he refuses to see what the fans see.

I think the board are going to let him stay till the end of the season. We 'should' not be in any danger of relegation, and Morshiri means we don't have to rely on league place for transfer funds. So it's already broken, don't waste money on buy out fees, or upset the status quo by bringing in a new manager. They might be thinking, if RM goes, so does a lot of his back-room staff, so rather than cause upheaval, wait for the end of the season and then make a change. Meanwhile, I would expect they are consulting, interviewing and vetting a replacement to be announced once the season is over.

Just been cause he isn't gone doesn't mean were not already looking at potential replacements.

You don't just burn 2m for the sake of it.

Not just for the sake of it though is it, it's just decisive action and much easier to look for a new manager when you're open about it and sack the old one.

I would be much more concerned if that story about saving the 2 million was true though, that wouldn't be the actions of an ambitious club in my opinion, you make a mistake, you pay the price and move on.

Heard where Dude??
I work for a company who works very close with the club on an almost daily basis. It's surprising how many people want to talk about what goes on behind closed doors to people they don't know that well (that's from club secretary down to players). I've only been with the company a short amount of time but the things we hear are mad.

When the semi was drawn we knew it was the Saturday game two days before it was announced, only it was first given as a 12:15 kick off until the club pushed for an afternoon kick off. So a lot of us had hotels booked early. Has come in handy.

the 2m could be covered by not dropping further down the table.
It could be covered by everyone at Wembley chipping in a few quid! Edited by StevO