IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

That's why I want Baines, Jags and Joel to stay. Those three actually play like they give a shit.

The amount of Everton fans that are looking down on other Everton fans for their opinions is at crisis point. That's very much how this post comes across.

I'm not saying it's just you by the way. Fans who have let the current situation get to them look down on those who aren't spitting feathers over it too. It's really quite annoying and just not right. If you want to lose your mind over what's happening then go for it. If you want to just go with the flow and not get caught up in it then go for it. But don't judge, don't make it out like either way means you support Everton any more or less. And neither viewpoint is wrong in my eyes.

Yep. I get really sick of the idea that if you're not calling for Martinez's head on a spike, you are American and/or have only supported Everton during his tenure. I got accused of it recently and it pissed me off, given that I'm a Brit who's supported Everton since 1996.

I want him gone but Everton's problems are not my problems, Martinez has not hurt me personally, and I do have a life outside football. Had I not had the fuck-up with my meds, I would not have been saying all that nasty shit about him.

Edited by Kankurette

I feel sorry for Martinez, he's way out his depth the board should have put an end to this ages ago. I lay the blame soley at their door, he's tried his best I have no doubt about that it's just not enough enough. They're now hanging him out to dry, he looks haunted and it's not nice to see. The human in me wants it to stop for the good of the mans health.

I feel the same. It's not only unfair on the fans, it's unfair on him as well. And Norwich is going to be toxic.

I watched that press conference and it was just depressing. The fact he didn't talk about the future is very telling. He knows he's done for. And now he's going to have to go out on the pitch at Goodison on Sunday and listen to thousands of people shouting abuse at him because the board haven't given us or him an answer.

I can't hate him anymore, I just feel sad for him now. I wish him luck in whatever he does next.

I have supported Martinez and believed he could turn it around until the derby, then it became evident to me that he had lost not only the fans but the dressing room, this was confirmed by the 1st half display in the FA Cup semi final.

If was apparent to me living in London and getting back 6 or 7 times a year it should be obvious to the board. They should have made the decision to sack him after the semi final and given the last 4 games to Unsworth and Ferguson to see out, bring back the feel good factor and let players and fans end the season with a bit of relief and hope for the future.

Martinez is in my opinion a decent, genuine man who loves football and has genuinely bought into the Everton way. Some of the things he has done, like changing our style of play to a more attractive passing way, bringing in some great players and supporting Everton in the Community will be a testament to his tenure.

Ultimately he failed, most of this is his fault, being stubborn, defensive nievaty, couldn't handle players with big ego's. I respect the man and applaud his efforts. He is a human being and should be treated with respect, we have made our feelings clear, we know he is going to leave, the baying for his blood must stop.

We are Everton and are better than this.

Also, and I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion around here, I do not want us to lose to Sunderland in the hope that it will push Martinez closer to the sack. I don't care about Fat Rafa, I don't care about Newcastle and Martinez is a goner anyway. I just want us to win.

Not unpopular here, agree completely.

I said I agreed with it, yes, but I'm not discounting anyone who thinks differently or belittling anyone who thinks differently. That seems to be your job.

Not at all, I have spent the majority of the year on social media getting abused on EFC facebook pages for finding positives in our games (mostly pre West Ham game, not since, although I did cop an inordinate amount of abuse for sticking up for FM after the derby)

I know it wont be a popular opinion but I think the fans negativity at Goodison started way too early and that has played a part in our capitulation, its a confidence game, professionals or not, nobodies going to react well to constant negative reinforcement, if they're reading social media its a wonder a few of them haven't thrown themselves out the window.

Let's face it, no one really wanted him and they turned on him the first chance they got.

Not at all, I have spent the majority of the year on social media getting abused on EFC facebook pages for finding positives in our games (mostly pre West Ham game, not since, although I did cop an inordinate amount of abuse for sticking up for FM after the derby)

I know it wont be a popular opinion but I think the fans negativity at Goodison started way too early and that has played a part in our capitulation, its a confidence game, professionals or not, nobodies going to react well to constant negative reinforcement, if they're reading social media its a wonder a few of them haven't thrown themselves out the window.

Let's face it, no one really wanted him and they turned on him the first chance they got.

Mate, the manager has to instill that confidence, the team selections, the constant playing players out of position the defending, the absolute refusal to acknowledge the flaws when 38000 inside Goodison could see them, the constant positivity... I could go on. People have had enough, everyone wanted him to succeed, he's a nice guy and he bought in to the Everton philosophy and we all loved him for it but there's only so much people can take and he pushed and pushed until people snapped.

That's my point though, I didn't say everyone at Goodison should all be holding hands and singing Kumbaya, I just said in my opinion it started way too early.

We finished that first season on 72 points, that's good enough for runner up this year.

Gave up some early leads the next season against Arsenal and Leicester and the knives were straight out, good and deep run in Europe, lose against Kiev, knives straight out.

Team selections, pretty much the only bone of contention with fans for the majority of the season was Kone playing at left mid instead of Mirralas, during a period when we actually couldn't stop scoring and all the problems were defensive.

The first time he did make the changes the fans wanted, against Swansea, we got beat 2-1.

One big criticism I will make though in regards to his constant positivity is that he's lied through his teeth about the strength of the squad, there's almost no competition for places and it needs a complete overhaul, love jags but we also need a new captain, zero on field leadership has played a big part, again that's down to Martinez.

Maybe it did start a bit too early, but the football is so sterile that's it's hard to get behind, there's nothing to shout about because it's so slow. So when we concede a goal (usually through our own stupidity) the fans were already pretty low, so it doesn't take much to push them (us) towards negativity.

The stuff on social media where fans tweet abuse directly at players is just stupid. Like you say, nobody is going to react well to that.

Chach I gave him chance after chance despite at times not believing what I was seeing or hearing. That doesn't mean I had to stick to it. The time comes when enough is enough.

This board van fuck fight off along with a few players who have stopped playing. Disgusted isnt the word

Not unpopular here, agree completely.

That's good cos on GOT and Reddit, a lot of people want us to lose. Partly because if we lose it'll get Martinez sacked and partly to get Newcastle relegated because of Rafa, and because they all seem to hate Newcastle for some reason. I don't get rooting against your own team. I don't care about Newcastle, Norwich or Sunderland, and what happens to them. I don't care about Benitez. I just want us to win. I'm not going to let a hateboner for Bob or Rafa overrule the fact that I support EVERTON.

Chach I gave him chance after chance despite at times not believing what I was seeing or hearing. That doesn't mean I had to stick to it. The time comes when enough is enough.

This board van fuck fight off along with a few players who have stopped playing. Disgusted isnt the word

While I agree with your sentiment, the time when enough is enough for me is when senior management have got an agreement in principle on a marquee name to replace him.

While I think the situation is bad, it's not panic button time.

While I agree with your sentiment, the time when enough is enough for me is when senior management have got an agreement in principle on a marquee name to replace him.

While I think the situation is bad, it's not panic button time.

We are already seen as a soft touch and a club with no ability to make big decisions. We have enough points accrued to pay him off and put a temporary team of unsworth, big dunc etc to give them some experience.

He should have gone after the semi final at the very very latest. For me West ham was thd game where he needed to go.

Edited by Hafnia

That's my point though, I didn't say everyone at Goodison should all be holding hands and singing Kumbaya, I just said in my opinion it started way too early.

We finished that first season on 72 points, that's good enough for runner up this year.

Gave up some early leads the next season against Arsenal and Leicester and the knives were straight out, good and deep run in Europe, lose against Kiev, knives straight out.

Team selections, pretty much the only bone of contention with fans for the majority of the season was Kone playing at left mid instead of Mirralas, during a period when we actually couldn't stop scoring and all the problems were defensive.

The first time he did make the changes the fans wanted, against Swansea, we got beat 2-1.

One big criticism I will make though in regards to his constant positivity is that he's lied through his teeth about the strength of the squad, there's almost no competition for places and it needs a complete overhaul, love jags but we also need a new captain, zero on field leadership has played a big part, again that's down to Martinez.

No mate, some people just seen what was coming earlier than others. Doesn't make them special or better they just saw through him earlier and could see the direction he was taking us (which was down) I knew he was wrong for us from even the first season, it was clear he was out his depth his managerial record was poor and his style of football isn't suited to the high intnsity of the prem.

He's a nice guy but I support Everton not Martinez and if I think he is damaging our club (not his club or the boards it's ours, the supporters club) then I and anyone else who sees it is going to speak up.

Once Moyes was knocked out that team we plummetted like a stone. Same stale tactics week in week out, no variation of formations, slow passing sideways, no plan B, square pegs round holes, asking players like Jagielka and Distin to play a passing game like they are ball playing centre halves making very good prem defenders look like donkeys and refusing to accept it. His buys have been questionable, Kone, Mcgeady, Alcaraz, Niasse to name 4, it's been blatantly obvious we've been desperate for 3 seasons for a right back as cover for Coleman it's now biting us on the arse (prob cost us the FA Semi) handing Hibbert a nee contract, playing Howard when every Evertonian could see he needed dropping, worst EVER home points record.

Do I need to go on? It's a fucking farce mate and it's been coming for 2 full seasons, now it's too late for him and he's nobody to blame but himself. Absolutely fuck all to do with the fans. 99% of clubs would have sacked him 6 months ago.

He should have gone after the Derby, i honestly feel there would have been a different outcome in the Semi Final if he'd have been sacked just before it.

I agree 110% with that, but I have said before I believe he threw that game and a few before to win the semi final believing that would save his job. That tospot Jones kicking off with Mori kinda showed that. If he hadn't missed the semi final with that sending off his reaction would've been so different.

There's been a few incidents this season with Mirrallas, Baines and Mori which I believe have split the dressing room.

He has bowed to a lot of public negativity.

Your right he made changes against Swansea and we lost.

Dropped Howard for Robles and we have fell apart. Not sure how the team has fared wirh each this season....but it feels worse second half.

There's lots of things he has tried to change and I'm not sure if he is strong enough for hos own convictions.

But yes we as fans must have had a say in this. Opposing fans talking about the dull atmosphere at Goodison, constant negativity on social media.

But I do expect players to be able to rise above it and be counted. Bur it hasn't happened.

Let's just end the season and concentrate on keeping our best players.

I agree 110% with that, but I have said before I believe he threw that game and a few before to win the semi final believing that would save his job. That tospot Jones kicking off with Mori kinda showed that. If he hadn't missed the semi final with that sending off his reaction would've been so different.

There's been a few incidents this season with Mirrallas, Baines and Mori which I believe have split the dressing room.

100% the players he's had issues with are mostly made up of 'Moyes players' and part of the great team spirit that we had before. Major factor in our downfall.

I think that happens in every club. Look at moyes at United with Ferdinand and every Chelsea manager that came across that glory seeking prick John terry. I think these players who have seen it and done it all can see through the phoneys/ shit managers. That's why I think players might not think certain managers are great but if they were great players before they got into management it goes a long way

He looks totally defeated in his post match interview.

His voice has no optimism in it at all. Very short low tone answers. Nothing like what we are used to seeing/hearing from him.

I feel bad for him just now because I'm a soft twat. A good candidate who can't do the job. I know he has give it his all, done good things off the pitch.

Please don't allow him to take on the final home game if we are going to sack him. If we are going to keep him...someone come out and say so...reveal a master plan that will ease the feeling for the final home game.

This just doesn't feel good to me. Doesn't feel like Everton.

On the one hand I think it's not fair on him and he should be sacked now. On the other hand I think if he is feeling that bad he should walk, so is he sitting it out waiting for a few million quid to leave? Then I don't quite feel as sorry for him, but I would sit and wait for a few million too.