IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I thought the same Jamie with the Lukaku comments

Not to drag this into another debate but I don't see it as any different it could unsettle some supporters moreso than what Baines has said which we can plainly see yet as it's directly apposing him he pulls it up publicly

Haf I'd love to see those two go at it on the pitch and I'll be honest I'd be routing for Moyes to launch him into row Z!

I'll personally just wait until the end of the season to see what happens but I think many know we won't be progressing under Martinez anytime soon so it will be interesting to see if the board see it the same say and we'll see what direction and intentions the club have when the time comes

Stick with him and we will be served the same shite, others will invest build and move forward and we will be left behind again that's my view

Stick with him and we will be served the same shite, others will invest build and move forward and we will be left behind again that's my view

Worryingly, we're already a good year behind some of the other clubs above us and you're right, we could be even more so next year. Frightening.

Martinez on performances

“We are developing a self-belief that we can perform against anyone. At the weekend we didn’t play badly, we were slightly better than the home team."

In case anyone missed it. We lost.

The man is ridiculous.

Edited by Lowensda

Martinez on performances

“We are developing a self-belief that we can perform against anyone. At the weekend we didn’t play badly, we were slightly better than the home team."

In case anyone missed it. We lost. [/size]

The man is ridiculous.

Performances, not results, are what matter. You should know that's how football works after all this time, J!

Delusional and he just talks riddles and nonsense, Chris Sutton hit the nail on the head the other day

I think the majority will have played football at some point at varying levels and I know if I played for a side that was mid table and got beat by a disjointed side like United who were fairly poor on the day I and non of my sane teammates would be building any self belief!

You play a side like Barca etc and give them a very good game and get beat then people will take something from it but not the poorest United side we've seen in decades

What has annoyed me about Martinez is that he gives the impression that anyone questioning him is a philistine - "how dare they question me - I am the only Spanish manager in the premier league - I am from the best footballing nation - more than that I am Catalan - I represent Barcelona's ideologies in this league." - you can imagine that going through his mind.

You're getting hysterical now mate, during which part of RM's career below do you think he developed the above mentality?

2tFGZPQ.png

Starting to get ridiculous, everyone putting 2 and 2 together and getting eleventymillion.

You're getting hysterical now mate, during which part of RM's career below do you think he developed the above mentality?

2tFGZPQ.png

Starting to get ridiculous, everyone putting 2 and 2 together and getting eleventymillion.

Probably his origin's and upbringing, I don't see how showing his previous clubs changes what Haf said if he had that mind set to begin with

Its fairly obvious he doesn't like to change his methods so its likely he's been the same since being a player/manager as with Moyes and multiple other managers they have a set way and generally stick to it

Just going back to his comments this morning. Martinez has said that Baines' comments were misinterpreted.

So why is Leighton taking the full brunt of those comments, which he now apparently didn't make?

If he did make them, he's being honest (worst situation for Roberto), which is why he might have been asked to apologise? (Unfairly mind).

This is being handled badly.

Edit: Certainly not the only one to notice...

If Martinez feels that Baines's comments were taken out of context then why has Baines apologised for them?

Edited by Lowensda

2tFGZPQ.png

First off don't assume that I make posts "without knowing" what I am talking about -

I actually watched Martinez play for Chester City on several occasions (given that they play down the road from where I work) and he played the game in the style of a player who most certainly expressed himself - a clever player who liked to get the ball down and take on his man and pass the ball. Ironically I seen Jon Walters play for Chester and was puzzled how he was at that level - far too good and proved to be.

The fact that he played for lower level clubs means nothing - I was referring to his style and footballing philosophy - get it?

Read what I say - don't get all excited and press the reply button.

Edited by Hafnia

Just going back to his comments this morning. Martinez has said that Baines' comments were misinterpreted.

So why is Leighton taking the full brunt of those comments, which he now apparently didn't make?

If he did make them, he's being honest (worst situation for Roberto), which is why he might have been asked to apologise? (Unfairly mind).

This is being handled badly.

Edit: Certainly not the only one to notice...

If Martinez feels that Baines's comments were taken out of context then why has Baines apologised for them?

Silly boy Roberto - pick your battles you buffoon. You can have a spat with Eto, Mirallas, Distin - but you have alienated the one player we have who combines tenure, with honesty, quality and has the respect of the fans.

It reminds me of Gullit taking on Shearer - only one winner. You would probably get away with it if we were not so awful - BTW please tell me why Baines apologised and Rom hasn't???

But his orchestra has no competition, Everton do. Fundamental difference.

Don't see how that matters to be honest. If anything, it's more damning towards Roberto and our situation! Chalkie is able to adapt and evolve of his own accord, without the impact of competition or outsiders. Roberto can't do it even with the competition! Worse still, it's not that he can't - he simply wont.

Thank Matt. I'm not patting myself on the shoulder, but simply pointing out that progress should be seen and measured over time if the correct methodologies are implemented, as well as successful nurturing and adaptations to various scenarios. Success in any group setting (be it music, sports, business) is heavily contingent on group chemistry as well, so depending on who you believe here (Roberto or Leighton), you can draw your own conclusions.

I drive old clapped out pacer trains (for the most part) that have had modern components added to them over the years to make them more realible and able to keep up with more expensive realible and luxurious trains (if there's such a thing in these parts) but low and behold they still eventually fail breakdown and need further work

The lines are currently being upgraded and have had massive investment which will mean in the near future Pacers (us) will be fazed out as you can only polish a turd so much before you turn to shit

Rather then add parts that look the part on paper and at a high cost that simply don't function/work right when tried and tested the franchise's would have been better by simply taking a hit financially and bringing in a more realible better equipped unit (manager)

Don't ask me why I posted that I saw the analogy post and wanted to join in with a crap version that doesn't make much sense... One of those days constant Pepper Pig viewing has mashed my brain

enough - enough - enough!!!!!

lets cut to the chase boys - the elephant in the room is that Bill will not want him sacked, that's what we are worried about.

But its not just Bill's call anymore, is it? This is a pretty huge development today with Martinez essentially calling out Baines, and no doubt this is going to piss off the fanbase to an extent we have never seen before. Moshiri and Kenwright have their hands full for sure.

Fuck me - is this cock end real??? Anyone with eyes can see that something doesn't gel right with this team, whether it is the collective defending of crosses or the ability to break down teams which park the bus. Instead of doing something about that, how can he have the balls to claim it is 'not true', and then humiliate a senior player for simply being honest about the way we are playing??

Utterly disgusted, showing himself to be a horrible prick of a man, manipulative, dishonest, arrogant. He basically comes across like a politician in that interview, using status to try to manipulate the truth in the face of what everyone knows.

Can't see how he can still have the dressing room onside after this. He simply has to go.

I drive old clapped out pacer trains (for the most part) that have had modern components added to them over the years to make them more realible and able to keep up with more expensive realible and luxurious trains (if there's such a thing in these parts) but low and behold they still eventually fail breakdown and need further work

The lines are currently being upgraded and have had massive investment which will mean in the near future Pacers (us) will be fazed out as you can only polish a turd so much before you turn to shit

Rather then add parts that look the part on paper and at a high cost that simply don't function/work right when tried and tested the franchise's would have been better by simply taking a hit financially and bringing in a more realible better equipped unit (manager)

Don't ask me why I posted that I saw the analogy post and wanted to join in with a crap version that doesn't make much sense... One of those days constant Pepper Pig viewing has mashed my brain

This actually does make sense!

But its not just Bill's call anymore, is it? This is a pretty huge development today with Martinez essentially calling out Baines, and no doubt this is going to piss off the fanbase to an extent we have never seen before. Moshiri and Kenwright have their hands full for sure.

Not just the fans - Baines along with Jags is massively respected player in the squad. Lost the dressing room deffo if he hadn't already.

Disappointed to read that about Baines. It's not the worse thing anyone could have said. But I guess by Martinez reaction that he is feeling the pressure.

I can imagine that Baines is sorry for saying those words publicly as he isn't the type who likes to draw attention but I'm sure he meant what he said. Although it was straight after a crap defeat to Utd...the best time for a journo to ask questions!

From Martinez view, I suppose it's attention that he could have done without just now.

“We expect a senior figure at Everton to take responsibility, to make sure that we speak on the pitch, and the way to do that is against Watford.”

Hope Bill and Faz don't misinterpret this as "I am the most senior figure at the club and if I don't get a result at Watford then I expect to get sacked"