IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

That made me laugh a lot; but I worry about the brain that composed it!

I had some bongos once actually, came from the Edmundo Ros band and were signed by him, no idea where they are now otherwise I'd be proficient!

Edmund O'Ross, the famous Irish bandleader?

If this is what the civilized boards of Toffeetalk is like, one can imagine what its like in the various camps in Goodison.

If Martinez wins the cup it may be the catalyst for our revival, and he will argue its a vindication of his methods.

If we lose he will be sacked and we will get a new manager.

I hope for outcome 1, but its been an ugly journey. However as Nietzsche said "What does not kill us makes us stronger"

Honest opinions wanted here. IF we win the cup, will it save RM?

I don't think it would save him tbh, before the investment 100% but I have a feeling things will be different now. Our players look unhappy and the fans certainly are. It is obvious he isn't the man to take us forward. I think winning the FA Cup would allow him to leave with dignity and would suit both parties.

The shouts of let Dunc take charge until the end of the season are insane IMO. He's part of the current coaching set-up so what would make him a good choice?

I'd rather the players managed themselves until the end of the season than have Duncan Ferguson in charge.

I agree with this. Dunc is part of it so is accountable. He could throw in his notice but he's bankrupt so....

I'm not saying I want Ferguson but I fail to see how he is accountable for the current mess. He is just a coach , he has no say on what formation we use or what tactics we deploy nor does he pick the starting XI

The blame for that lays solely with the manager and his assistant

I kinda see what you mean but big dunc the man who banged on gullits door and told him what he thought is on the team of a man who is part of a coaching team that is shit.

What is he doing with Lukaku btw because that yesterday was a disgrace. Lost most of his headers. Then that at the end was pathetic.

I just want the decks cleared now. Had enough.

Coaches take their lead from the manager, implement their plans, follow their strategy. Dunc is a relatively inexperienced coach, and it would be difficult for him to challenge the manager.

I want RM to stay, but if he had to go, then what the club needs is someone to bring some chemistry to unite players, give fans a figurehead to get behind for the remaining games. Dunc could do that, and do it well. Full time manager, no he doesn't have the experience or skill set.

But its not going to happen, at least I hope not.

I've watched a lot of football today, and the amount of people in the media saying we are unhappy with Martinez because Leicester might win the league is crazy! I'm made up for Leicester, watching them now hoping they win, but I want rid of Roberto because he's full of shit, he can't sort out a defence, now his saving grace of attack is failing too, and then calling out Leighton Baines was the final straw for me. He could have done the same to Rom a week earlier and I'd have been fine with that, but to leave him alone and pull Baines up, who is the closest to a fan on the pitch as we have, is just taking the piss. He doesn't take responsibility, he neglects vital parts of his job and he just isn't good enough.

I've watched a lot of football today, and the amount of people in the media saying we are unhappy with Martinez because Leicester might win the league is crazy! I'm made up for Leicester, watching them now hoping they win...

Leicester winning the league if they do is great. it certainly highlights how far away we are at the same time. We are going backwards, fast! Villa should be an example to everyone involved at Everton.

I've watched a lot of football today, and the amount of people in the media saying we are unhappy with Martinez because Leicester might win the league is crazy! I'm made up for Leicester, watching them now hoping they win, but I want rid of Roberto because he's full of shit, he can't sort out a defence, now his saving grace of attack is failing too, and then calling out Leighton Baines was the final straw for me. He could have done the same to Rom a week earlier and I'd have been fine with that, but to leave him alone and pull Baines up, who is the closest to a fan on the pitch as we have, is just taking the piss. He doesn't take responsibility, he neglects vital parts of his job and he just isn't good enough.

I'm short; he's a bit shit.