IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I have heard this kind of thing actually is going on, though it was on Twitter so take it with a pinch of salt. I can't remember who's on Bob's side and who isn't. Some of the younger players don't get on with him, allegedly. I'm positive he and Mirallas do not get on.

My biggest gripe has always been his treatment of Mirallas. We don't know the facts but Mirallas is head and shoulders above the dross he plays in front of him. Cleverley, Kone, Osman to name the worst.

Here is a case of his inability to manage an ego. It would not surprise me one bit if Distin, Mirallas & Eto'o questioned his ability as a manager over 12 months ago.

The yes men seem to do well under Roberto.

I don't buy bad luck in football. You either score or you miss, if we hit the bar it's because a player has missed the goal. Not luck, it's a miss. If someone doesn't make a challenge to see a win out with ten seconds to go, and we conceded, it's because someone didn't make the tackle. Not luck. If we play on the edge of our box and get pressed, lose the ball and concede, it's not luck, it's getting caught out by the opposition.

Make your own luck, hit the target, make the fucking tackle, don't fuck around with the ball under pressure. Luck doesn't even come close.

My biggest gripe has always been his treatment of Mirallas. We don't know the facts but Mirallas is head and shoulders above the dross he plays in front of him. Cleverley, Kone, Osman to name the worst.

Here is a case of his inability to manage an ego. It would not surprise me one bit if Distin, Mirallas & Eto'o questioned his ability as a manager over 12 months ago.

The yes men seem to do well under Roberto.

I agree he has treated Mirallas abominably, and it has hurt the team.

Cleverley is a good player, Osman was but is too old now to play regularly. Kone however is shit, unless his contract is up for renewal.

Eto was human poison and definitely caused Mirallas to be bit of a "big time charley", which doesn't excuse Martinez's behaviour.

I don't buy bad luck in football. You either score or you miss, if we hit the bar it's because a player has missed the goal. Not luck, it's a miss. If someone doesn't make a challenge to see a win out with ten seconds to go, and we conceded, it's because someone didn't make the tackle. Not luck. If we play on the edge of our box and get pressed, lose the ball and concede, it's not luck, it's getting caught out by the opposition.

Make your own luck, hit the target, make the fucking tackle, don't fuck around with the ball under pressure. Luck doesn't even come close.

Yeap!! Would people describe Leicester City 'lucky' at being top of the league ??!!

Is it not bad luck when (for example) John Terry scores from an obvious offside position when the game should have been over?

Point taken on the rest of it, probably levels out over the years but we've had more bad luck than good this season imo.

i completely agree.

It swings in roundabouts for the most part I'm with Steve, decisions luck call it what you will has played a very small part in our season and it can be argued we shouldn't be put in those positions to begin with (Chelsea)

How is that relevant? We were put into that position via fair and legal means and then lost it due to official blunders. No correlation.

Is it not bad luck when (for example) John Terry scores from an obvious offside position when the game should have been over?

Point taken on the rest of it, probably levels out over the years but we've had more bad luck than good this season imo.

john terrys offside goal isn't the reason we are 14th in the table. it was one loss/draw. not every loss/draw had an exceptional event, hence Steve's point.

When it happens every week you've got to look at the players and manager. We'll never get the cheap referees, but getting beat to the ball and losing 50/50s mounts up. Personally I blame the lack of effort and leadership. Jagielka being the main culprit on the pitch closely followed by Barkley, and Martinez off it. There's not enough hurt from the players when we get beat, and Martinez is happy as long as we won the stat wars.

Everytime Martinez blames a single moment in a match I cringe, look at most goals they come from mistakes. We never force mistakes, and we're punished everytime we make one.

Here, here. Luck comes a long, long way behind skill, athleticism, teamwork, cohesion, tactics and sheer will to win football matches. But Martinez doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong in any of those departments, it must be bad luck.

I am beyond getting bent with this clown. Its now actually laughable, and I have told myself its not worth the stress, bother, aggravation, or energy anymore. If the powers that be (who have a ton of money, time, and life invested in this team) are honestly alright with still keeping him in charge and ruining this club, then they have some major issues themselves, and that is their problem. Let them clean up this mess. I can't think of one single reason why they would keep him in charge at this point.

I can't think of one single reason why they would keep him in charge at this point.

Out of interest would you have kept in charge a manager whose team had scored eleven goals in their first twenty-one games having been top half the previous two seasons? Villa this season had scored six more at that stage, just as a point of reference.

Hypothetical question obviously.

Out of interest would you have kept in charge a manager whose team had scored eleven goals in their first twenty-one games having been top half the previous two seasons? Villa this season had scored six more at that stage, just as a point of reference.

Hypothetical question obviously.

Nobody would Mike. There's a lot less patience in the game now then there was back then, probably due to the 24/7 coverage and the mega money, so no chance anyone would accept that.

This whole topic will go round and round until Martinez either gets sacked or wins the European Cup.

I am beyond getting bent with this clown. Its now actually laughable, and I have told myself its not worth the stress, bother, aggravation, or energy anymore. If the powers that be (who have a ton of money, time, and life invested in this team) are honestly alright with still keeping him in charge and ruining this club, then they have some major issues themselves, and that is their problem. Let them clean up this mess. I can't think of one single reason why they would keep him in charge at this point.

Ha, you fit the stereotype perfectly!!!

Everything is riding on the FA Cup. Even if we reach the final I think Kenwright will fight tooth and nail to keep him. Getting knocked out in the semi and finishing well into the bottom half will be the only way I see his position become untenable. It's frustrating as hell.

No Mike, it's a series of errors. Our players didn't make a block or tackle straight from kick off. Our players hardly even challenged for a header in the box. The linesman missed Terry being offside. The ref went over the additional time. Not luck, certainly errors on the officials part, and failures on our players part.

Yeap!! Would people describe Leicester City 'lucky' at being top of the league ??!!
No, hard work. We've all heard the phrase hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Leicester optimise it this year. Edited by StevO

No Mike, it's a series of errors. Our players didn't make a block or tackle straight from kick off. Our players hardly even challenged for a header in the box. The linesman missed Terry being offside. The ref went over the additional time. Not luck, certainly errors on the officials part, and failures on our players part.

But they shouldn't have needed to do any of that if the laws of the game had been properly applied, they relaxed because they knew they had the game won. Mistake by them but a far bigger one by the officials.

Everything is riding on the FA Cup. Even if we reach the final I think Kenwright will fight tooth and nail to keep him. Getting knocked out in the semi and finishing well into the bottom half will be the only way I see his position become untenable. It's frustrating as hell.

Why is BK obsesssed with him? Seriously?

I think he will be gone pretty soon to be honest. it will take a drastic turn around to keep his job but even then i think his days are numbered.

Palace, Southampton & Liverpool next 3 games - i honestly cant see us winning any of those after recent performances.

How is that relevant? We were put into that position via fair and legal means and then lost it due to official blunders. No correlation.

How isn't it relevant? Terry scored an own goal "luck" as some may say we then went two nil up then WE lost the lead not a poor decision

We all know Terry's goal shouldn't have been allowed but as said it swings in roundabouts and I'm saying to say we've been unlucky and that reflects on our season as a whole is ridiculous tbh we've simply been shite dropping far to many points

Edited by EFC-Paul

IMO all of this talk of luck, badluck, poor calls, etc is irrelevant because you are now basing results on the officials. Why let them decide the outcome of the match? Does Leicester and Tottenham rely on those things? No, they run their flippin' TAILS OFF each match with a ton of passion, energy, and chemistry, and that is the real reason they sit first and second. The moment we start injecting that amount of passion into our playing, then we will begin to even think about the top 4, but when we don't chase down balls, run half-assed like we are 3/4 empty on fuel, run around the pitch with no plan or teamwork like a bunch of individuals, etc then we need to expect 14th place. Yes, *some* officiating has an impact, but you're as blind as RM if you think that is the reason we are where we are.

The bottom line is that Ranieiri and Ponch inspire their players - you can see it and feel it - Roberto does not. Maybe he did in 13-14 - remember when Rom ran to him and hugged him when he scored against Arsenal - man there was passion! Happy times indeed. It was literally like a different team. You could see it in their eyes and smiles. We don't play in that manner anymore, and that is because RM does not inspire this team, and his tactical approach is a flawed system for this set of specific players. The dream is all but dead now, and all I see is dread and anxiety in Roberto's face these days. The party is over. The irony is that we may win the FA Cup, but I personally will feel like the last two seasons still have been an utter failure.