IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I can't lipread but Bob's body language didn't suggest anything nasty was going on. That said, though, if the guy WAS giving him abuse, there's no need. It's not going to help anyone and Martinez might be a terrible manager, but he's only a person at the end of the day.

On that note, I wish people would stop responding to players' tweets with 'hey Bryan / Geri / whoever, can you tell Moshiri / Kenwright to get rid of Martinez?' No they fucking can't. They're probably not even going to read your tweets (though Oviedo did like a Spanish tweet I posted to him about Joel).

Edited by Kankurette

Roberto Martinez news conference

Crystal Palace v Everton, Premier League (Wednesday, 20:00 BST)

Posted at 12:28

Roberto Martinez is asked why a side featuring creative talents like Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and Gerard Deulofeu is 14th in the Premier League.

He replies: "Very simple: The home results have not been good enough.

"Our consistency away from home hasn't been repeated at home.

"We haven't got the amount of points our performances have deserved but that's something we have to address and improve."

He should leave football and become a politician!!!! Never a straight answer!!

Edited by mogsy

Excellent article.

And just to reiterate, Roberto...

"What he intended to say is that when you're not getting the results, you lose confidence so a ball that could go in hits the crossbar and it goes out. At the other end, a half chance ends up in the back of the net."

No, it wasn't, that's not what Leighton meant by saying 'there's a lack

of chemistry' at all, no one in the history of the English language has ever said 'there's a lack of chemistry' and meant 'we've been unlucky.' And that, Roberto, is why I no longer want you to manage the football club I support, because you refuse to acknowledge the blantant problems in our performances the rest of the world sees, and instead put it down to bad luck. And not only that, you have the arrogance to start dictating what other people in and the club should think and say about performances. Pack your bags and fuck off.

Point is Baines had already apologised for his meaning before the interview with Martinez.

If he has told the manager that he has been misunderstood then who are we to tell Baines what he really meant.

Really Interesting article that. Shows there is such a fine line in football between being successful and unsuccessful.

Fact is we are the unluckiest team in the league.

"there is no such thing as blame" said Roberto.

I'd love to say that to my boss when I do a shit job for two years. I know blame exists, I blame you!

What a complete and utter dickhead Roberto is. It'd be very convenient for him if there was no such thing as blame wouldn't it?

How can he sit there and say there's no such thing as blame but say that people need to take responsibility for things?

Hurry up and fuck off.

I don't know why Everton fans watch his pressers. It just makes them angry. We all know that Bob is a bullshitter. I only watch the bits where he talks about injuries. I give zero fucks about anything else he has to say because there's no point.

Bob needs to leave Everton for his own good. It's clearly getting to him. Not just his hair, but look at his fucking eyes. He's 42 and yet he's aged so much in only 3 years. Maybe it's cos he's got a toddler at home, I'm sure that doesn't help but he just looks exhausted. I wonder if he's just trying to delude himself now. No-one is buying it anymore.

Guys don't read into it too much.

He is a manager and is programmed not to promote a blame culture, it's basics.

To come out and put the blame on an individual in public would be morale destroying.

Interviewers are clever and ask questions they know will manipulate our thought process. That's all that has happened here.

Blame him for wrong tactics, bad substitutions, poor man management and his over zealous optimism, but the way he defends his team and players should be respected.

I don't know why Everton fans watch his pressers. It just makes them angry. We all know that Bob is a bullshitter. I only watch the bits where he talks about injuries. I give zero fucks about anything else he has to say because there's no point.

Bob needs to leave Everton for his own good. It's clearly getting to him. Not just his hair, but look at his fucking eyes. He's 42 and yet he's aged so much in only 3 years. Maybe it's cos he's got a toddler at home, I'm sure that doesn't help but he just looks exhausted. I wonder if he's just trying to delude himself now. No-one is buying it anymore.

Haha I have two toddlers at home and admittedly my hair has thinned a bit and turned more grey.....but if I got paid 1m a year I think I could handle it better

he has a toddler at home in which they probably have a cleaner, a nanny, all their laundry is probably done for them and they likely have their shopping delivered. He lives in a different world.

I think its all those rap concerts he's going to myself...

he has a toddler at home in which they probably have a cleaner, a nanny, all their laundry is probably done for them and they likely have their shopping delivered. He lives in a different world.

You left the "c" off the beginning of "rap" :P.

Come on Shukes surely you can't genuinely think that... We've simply been shit

I do yes.

I don't think it's an excuse though. I blame the team and the manager.

But I don't think we have been awful either. I think for most of the season we have been really good to watch.

I think there have been so many matches that we genuinely deserved to win but didn't for whatever reason...be that bad management, lack of confidence or mistakes.

I was being facetious there. ;)

He does look a hell of a lot older though. Some people just seem to age badly. Me, I'm 32, I've got greying hair, crows' feet and I look like shite. My mum's aged better than I have and she's 61, the bitch. Or maybe its just managing Everton, considering Moyes came out looking like an iguana.

On topic, I think we have had some bad luck (like that Chelsea draw), BUT a lot of it is down to poor tactics, poor subs, and players switching off.

Edited by Kankurette

I do yes.

But I don't think we have been awful either. I think for most of the season we have been really good to watch.

I think there have been so many matches that we genuinely deserved to win but didn't for whatever reason...be that bad management, lack of confidence or mistakes.

this too

I'm convinced after the Baines comments that there's a divide in camp. Roberto's favourites and Moyes players.

I still maintain that not playing Mirallas is a major fuckup.

I do yes.

Yeah, pretty this for me too.

Most of the season has been frustrating because we should have won more games. But the play has been real exciting, too exciting. That kept a lot of fans onside.

But when the play becomes crap and the results are crap too, it becomes too much. You could take crap play but with wins...we could do with some of that.

The bad luck stories do wear a bit thin though.

Players confidence looks a bit smashed just now too. Everyone just needs to knuckle down and get the most out of this season because it certainly has more to fight for than some of you guys are letting on.

The knives are well and truly out...and proper sharp!!!

I'm convinced after the Baines comments that there's a divide in camp. Roberto's favourites and Moyes players.

I still maintain that not playing Mirallas is a major fuckup.

I have heard this kind of thing actually is going on, though it was on Twitter so take it with a pinch of salt. I can't remember who's on Bob's side and who isn't. Some of the younger players don't get on with him, allegedly. I'm positive he and Mirallas do not get on.

The manager is delusional and taking team, board and supporters for ride. He looks awful, much like Blair did after a few years in office and things were going tits up and how Cameron's going now. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.